Thread: Shogun 2 on Retailer's Shelves 11/03/11 !

Default Shogun 2 on Retailer's Shelves 11/03/11 !

I ventured into my local Game UK store today & was surprised ( to say the least ) to see Shogun 2 on sale - Standard edition @ £29.99 & Limited @ £32.99. When my initial delighted shock had subsided, I pointed out to the guys there that the game would not in fact be activated until next tuesday. There was much scratching of heads among the staff until it was finally agreed by group descision to put a 'Coming Soon' sticker on the display. I was thanked out of the store for the input.

My point is this: Sega's descision to to release Shogun 2 in the UK on a tuesday rather than a more traditional friday has clearly confused retailers as well as we punters. Game have it in their stores NOW & don't seem to know what to do with it.

I was tempted to get a Limited copy today but I don't want to look at it until tuesday next knowing that I can't play it.
    Last edited by Jackhammer; March 11, 2011 at 08:06 AM.

Erwin Rommel's Avatar EYE-PATCH FETISH

Default Re: Shogun 2 on Retailer's Shelves 11/03/11 !

GAH! You should have bought it, so that you can accompany it in your sleep for the next couple of days, caressing it, thinking of geishas you can recruit.

(Its clickable by the way....An S2 overhaul mod.)

Seriously. Click it. Its the only overhaul mod that's overhauling enough to bring out NEW clans
    Masaie. Retainer of Akaie|AntonIII

Zipzopdippidybopbop's Avatar Barred from the Local

Quote Originally Posted by Jackhammer View Post
    I ventured into my local Game UK store today & was surprised ( to say the least ) to see Shogun 2 on sale - Standard edition @ £29.99 & Limited @ £32.99. When my initial delighted shock had subsided, I pointed out to the guys there that the game would not in fact be activated until next tuesday. There was much scratching of heads among the staff until it was finally agreed by group descision to put a 'Coming Soon' sticker on the display. I was thanked out of the store for the input.

My point is this: Sega's descision to to release Shogun 2 in the UK on a tuesday rather than a more traditional friday has clearly confused retailers as well as we punters. Game have it in their stores NOW & don't seem to know what to do with it.

I was tempted to get a Limited copy today but I don't want to look at it until tuesday next knowing that I can't play it.
    I'm going hunting for a formal suit in Belfast tomorrow ¬_¬. I think I might take a wee dander to Game and possibly investigate this myself..... =P

Dubh the dark's Avatar Campidoctor

Surely at least one of the staff-members is a PC-gamer. Doesn't say much about Game if they don't even know the release date of games they are selling.
    Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever.
    Noam Chomsky

Maiden_Ante's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Erwin Rommel View Post
    GAH! You should have bought it, so that you can accompany it in your sleep for the next couple of days, caressing it, thinking of geishas you can recruit.
    The box would be enough, geishas or no.

Jackie Chan's Brother Wang...'s Avatar Semisalis
    The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

No point buying it before hand anyway, might as well wait until the day.

I got a confirmation email from play that my pre-ordered copy of shogun2 has been posted today.
    PC Specs:
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    64-bit Operating System
    Intel core i7 CPU 960 @ 3.20GHz 3.20 GHz
    RAM 12 GB
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 1280MB GDDR5

Zipzopdippidybopbop's Avatar Barred from the Local

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Chan's Brother Wang... View Post
    No point buying it before hand anyway, might as well wait until the day.
    Well if I go to get Shogun 2 tomorrow I wont have to bother walking down again on Tuesday now will I? =P

yeh my copy from ShopTo has been posted so I'll have it tomorrow ha, none of us will be able to play until Tuesday unless Sega talks to Valve ha

Quote Originally Posted by St.Francis View Post
    I got a confirmation email from play that my pre-ordered copy of shogun2 has been posted today.
    You still won't be able to activate it until the 15th even if you get it tomorrow. Total bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by Erwin Rommel View Post
    No masochist I.

Jackie Chan's Brother Wang...'s Avatar Semisalis
    The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Xenophon View Post
    Well if I go to get Shogun 2 tomorrow I wont have to bother walking down again on Tuesday now will I? =P
    If you wait then you get the fun of driving out to get it. You can't deny that it makes the day more eventful and the build-up more intense.

Erwin Rommel's Avatar EYE-PATCH FETISH

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Chan's Brother Wang... View Post
    If you wait then you get the fun of driving out to get it. You can't deny that it makes the day more eventful and the build-up more intense.
    I hate that when it happens, it makes you obvious your itching for it even just waiting in the aisle, your pacing around, having the impression that 5-man line to the cashier will take hours. Your hugging the box, your chanting your favorite clan.

"Chosokabe, chosakabe, chokasabe, chobasake.....conquer Tosa, Iwa, unite Shikoku..*twitches...must destroy Miyoshi early....twitches...DAMN YOU DRAGON AGE 2 BUYERS!!!1111*"

(Its clickable by the way....An S2 overhaul mod.)

Seriously. Click it. Its the only overhaul mod that's overhauling enough to bring out NEW clans
    Masaie. Retainer of Akaie|AntonIII

dutch81's Avatar Senator

Well American retailers tend to put new products out on Tuesday for some reason ... so the rest of the world better conform to out standards, or we'll nuke you because you are against us!

j/k - but that is the attitude of so many here, very sad indeed

Quote Originally Posted by dutch81 View Post
    Well American retailers tend to put new products out on Tuesday for some reason ... so the rest of the world better conform to out standards, or we'll nuke you because you are against us!

j/k - but that is the attitude of so many here, very sad indeed
    Oh Lucky Land Of The Free. Another case of getting there fastest with the mostest.
    Last edited by Jackhammer; March 11, 2011 at 11:53 AM.