Thread: Ai In Spqr 6

Default Ai In Spqr 6

Hello

LT will there be any improvements to the Formations and AI in vrs 6 (i know there will be due to 1.5 being used)

(please make the hopolite troops more responsive in a line, as only the ones near the troops get involved )

(Lordgeordie )

I found it preferable in one of the earlier versions of SPQR when the hoplite troops sort of enveloped there opponents rather than sticking in a perfect straight line (sorry can't remember which version)

There are new formations being made for 6.0, but because the patch changed things in the formation area its harder to do formations and have them work so its taking some time.
    Lt_1956
    Creator of SPQR:Total War mod since 2004

Default time

hello

well no pressure from me if they need time, the more time spent the better version 6 will be.

do you have a release date planned (sorry haven't actually seen it if its on another thread), just checking as i may be able to change a few more skins before you release 6.

hey ho don't work too hard and thanks for vrs 6
    (Lordgeordie )

i'm building a new rig just to enjoy SPQR 6.0 when it comes out!!!
    "I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies; for the hardest victory is over self." - Aristotle

Freddie's Avatar The Voice of Reason
    Patrician

Off topic, but how about adding the latin voice mod into SPQR V6? Doesn't EB use the lastest one V2 Latin voice mod?

I like the idea of having some more voices and some new music would be good as well as the stuff you have put on for rome is excellent.

One other thing slightly off topic why do the companion cavalry and the cataphracts have the same stats, shouldn't the cataphracts have a higher armour rating

i'm building a new rig just to enjoy SPQR 6.0 when it comes out!!!
    i have just ordered 4GB of RAM in preparation

Well I dont care for the Latin voice mod, its sounds more Italian than Latin to me, its just personal taste. Also I prefer to understand what they say in my own language. Like I said before, its hard to think of Romans and the senate without an English accent. lol All the movies made and all with English actors.
    Lt_1956

True Lt, I didn't install the Latin Voice mod for EB either. I would prefer to understand what they say, rather than guess.

Adnan

Many years ago I took Latin in College, so its not so much understanding, its that in the voice mod it seemed more like modern Italian than Ancient Latin. Latin is a Dead language and is pronounced different than Italian. I get the impression someone Italian did the Voice mod. He did a good job, its just too modern sounding to me than ancient Latin.

Lt
    Lt_1956

Freddie's Avatar The Voice of Reason
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by MasterAdnin
    True Lt, I didn't install the Latin Voice mod for EB either. I would prefer to understand what they say, rather than guess.

Adnan
    No being funny but if don’t know what the buttons do by now you will never know.

The only reason why I suggested the voice pack was it would give the player a more authentic feel when playing as the Romans.

Quote Originally Posted by Freddie
    No being funny but if don’t know what the buttons do by now you will never know.

The only reason why I suggested the voice pack was it would give the player a more authentic feel when playing as the Romans.
    No, I know the buttons, I would prefer to understand what the soldiers are saying.

Adnan

Default Back on Topic

Hello

Is there a delay on Roman Pilum throwing now, as it seems sometimes they never throw any???(i have but them on autofire) or was this to balance the units more.

feel sorry for LT, having to adapt the code for 1.5
    (Lordgeordie )

Pilums are always slow, they should be a little faster in 6.0 because of a new animation. But the problem is the delay between shifting between the sword style animation and then the javelin animation. There is no way to fix this, its been that way since RTW was released.

Lt
    Lt_1956

Default oh well

hello

oh well, supose closer to real life, as the switch would take time, would imagine they would have had the pilum as the prime weapon and then switch to sword for close combat, hey ho never mind.

thanks
    (Lordgeordie )