Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: THE NATIVE UNITS FROM warpath campaign TO GRAND campaign

Default Re: THE NATIVE UNITS FROM warpath campaign TO GRAND campaign

Thanks guys, just saw this. I'll give this a go a bit later. Pretty exhausted now.

I'll certainly try to add some new projectile types. It does make sense for at least one bow type to be 120 or thereabouts for range, but I'm not sure that all the bows should be. I like the idea that the 120 range bow would be more oriented towards indirect fire, the medium-long range native bow would be tied to units who fire slower but more accurately and the short range bows would be on low quality "militia" type units for indirect fire, but significantly more dangerous in the hands of horse archers.

@Onmy, until now I have been using Alwyn's directives, using PFM 1.12 standalone, but deferring to 1.5.3 from easyDB because he said that the later versions of PFM have reliability issues.

I'll give 4.1.2 a look.

My setback of a couple nights ago which cost me a big chunk of work *might* have been related to editing the units_stats_land details of some of the units. I was trying to get pikemen into the game. In all the campaigns I've played, I've never recruited even one of these units, and I usually wish I had a few in the mid-game where the enemy starts to get a lot more cavalry. Having some solid pikemen as meatshields/porcupines would be great, but by then, I'm light years beyond the point where I can recruit them.

I couldn't figure out why one unit of Pikemen could do a pike square, but the others couldn't. Also, colonial pikemen have significantly lower stats for some (?) reason???

After that, the .pack file caused CTD during load. The same thing happens when I spell something wrong by accident, but in this case, I couldn't find anything... I had earlier seen a setback too after modifying something, so it's possible that 1.5.3 is throwing some errors somewhere with the units_stats_land like 1.5.9 does for Alwyn.
    Last edited by eschelar; March 14, 2017 at 07:51 AM.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

I generally couldn't successfully make or edit mods using PFM 3.X (3.1.2, etc). I have not tried PFM 4.1.2.

Pike square is an ability which can be added to colonial pikemen. You might need to edit a separate abilities table to add this ability. (I might have added this ability to Colonial Pikemen in my Minor & Emergent Factions Unit Pack, so you could try looking at that mod file, to see how to do this.)

In my experience, sometimes a mod file causes CTD during the loading of the game when I mis-spell something in a database table - and sometimes (as in your experience) this happens when I cannot find any typing error. I do not know of any solution for this, apart from to go back to an earlier version of the mod (or to re-make the mod from scratch). If the game keeps crashing even when you have removed the mod file which causes the problem, you could try the ideas listed here under the heading 'How to recover when the game becomes broken'. I found that when I tested a series of 'work in progress' mod files, eventually I needed to delete and re-install the game.

Yeah, my old workflow for working on muds and rpgs is a better idea than my workflow for working on Excel... Excel has a lot more tools for correction and debugging and undos... bad habits... tidying that up today. hehehe.

Oh wells...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234