Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [Submod] Restless Natives Darkage for SV3.3

Default Re: Restless Natives Darkage Submod for SV3.3

with such darbuka, strong feels while the magrebian battles...
    Have you tested Anouar Brahem?
    "Astrakhan Café" is present in Broken Crescent, I know isn't really original to suggest that. I knew Brahem since I seen him in concert, Paris, 3 years ago.
    In substance, there are some very nice parts, in many songs.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOPK0...eature=related
    I played Sicilian Vespers 3.3 with the BC sound folders, just to hear it!

Very nice music, +rep

Great job, as usual

I can't wait t hear this all in-game

Chivalry II TW : The Sicilian Vespers - The Multi-Era Mod Project (MIITW/Kingdoms)
    Chivalry I TW - The Original Medieval Total Conversion Mod (BI 1.6 Or RTW 1.5)
    Under the Patronage of Atterdag

Thanks again for positivities

"Astrakhan Café"
    Really nice music, thanks

This is also good http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkIpe...eature=related

I have been trying to gather recordings that are not protected by copyright law. Anouar Brahem seems well known and i haven't yet included any music from an established artist such as this.

Let me think about it

Luck is the residue of design ~ Milton

Foederatus

Hi,this mod looks fantasic and I can't wait to play it, but how do I know I have installed it correctly? I get the splash screen, but on choosing the Dark Ages I don't seem to get the mod changes - it appears to be the same as the Chivalry II map and faction roster. Am I doing something wrong? Sorry for such a lame question...

on choosing the Dark Ages I don't seem to get the mod changes - it appears to be the same as the Chivalry II map and faction roster.
    Thanks for the interest No worries, a few people have thought the map would be different.

This submod uses the full Chivalry II map and switches 2 provinces. The only faction roster that has been significantly altered so far is Scotland although there are also new recruitable units available to England, France and Denmark. These new units can be unlocked by buildings such as Dungeons, Toll Roads, Protected Anchorages and a new Danish/Viking building Slave Camp.

There is also scripted campaign events and balancing, reactive rebel armies and new music for the above factions in Northern Europe.

Basically, this submod give more depth for the above factions and also any interactions with these factions. The sample music has not yet been added to the installer and will be part of a future update and ultimately SV4.0.

Check 1st page for more details http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=431721

Foederatus

Thanks !
    Off to play (I'm new here so don't know how to give rep, but you have it!)

Good I hope you enjoy it.

Foederatus

I love this period, and I think you are doing a fine job. I just wondered - it's a bit of a cliche but Ireland pretty much preserved much of western culture during the Dark Ages - would there be room for an Irish faction? I loved playing as them in the original M:TW VI, but no mod (that I know of) has included them since. I'm biased towards them (I have worked in Old Irish literature and language, i.e. around this time period), but your mod seems perfect for an Irish faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Viriconium369 View Post
    I love this period, and I think you are doing a fine job. I just wondered - it's a bit of a cliche but Ireland pretty much preserved much of western culture during the Dark Ages - would there be room for an Irish faction? I loved playing as them in the original M:TW VI, but no mod (that I know of) has included them since. I'm biased towards them (I have worked in Old Irish literature and language, i.e. around this time period), but your mod seems perfect for an Irish faction.
    Deus Lo Vult, for M2TW, includes Ireland as a faction (at least they used to, I'd assume they still do), but admittedly it is not a Dark Age mod: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=309

The Last Kingdom will be a Dark Age mod focusing on the British Isles that will have Irish factions: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=867

The Kingdoms of the Isles will be a mod focusing on the British Isles around 1300 that will have Irish factions as well: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=530

The issue is, to add Ireland to a SV submod, you would have to remove another faction. Since Restless Natives does focus mostly on improving the British Isles, I guess it would not be a big deal to remove another faction for Ireland, but it would mean creating an Irish faction from the ground up.

Foederatus

Thanks for pointing me at those mods. I can fully understand that there would be difficulties involved in creating an Irish faction; it's a shame, but I'm biased!

Thanks for pointing me at those mods. I can fully understand that there would be difficulties involved in creating an Irish faction; it's a shame, but I'm biased!
    No problem, I think it would be an interesting inclusion as well, but ultimately it's sputnik's mod, so it's up to him if he feels like the work involved would be too much.

Foederatus

Totally agreed. And my raising this question should in no way be construed as critical of a very fine mod.
    Last edited by Viriconium369; April 08, 2011 at 01:04 PM.

Totally agreed. And my raising this question should in no way be construed as critical of a very fine mod.
    Of course, I certainly didn't think you were criticizing anything

I completely understand your wishes for an Irish faction. I have considered this especially when writing the rebel scripts for Ireland.

Also a faction to represent non-Danish vikings i.e. Norway and the Uí Ímair would make things much more interesting but as Winsington pointed out so far I have tried not to upset the main SV campaign by replacing other factions.

I will not rule these options out for the future as I can see the obvious merits of adding these factions. It would be a fair amount of work and I'm afraid I will only be able to consider this when I start work for the SV4.0 version of Restless Natives.

Last edited by sputnik; April 10, 2011 at 08:27 AM.

Heathen Storm's Avatar Where's my axe?

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    I completely understand your wishes for an Irish faction. I have considered this especially when writing the rebel scripts for Ireland.

Also a faction to represent non-Danish vikings i.e. Norway and the Uí Ímair would make things much more interesting but as Winsington pointed out so far I have tried not to upset the main SV campaign by replacing other factions.

I will not rule these options out for the future as I can see the obvious merits of adding these factions. It would be a fair amount of work and I'm afraid I will only be able to consider this when I start work for the SV4.0 version of Restless Natives.
    I would love having a Norwegian faction! That would be great. If you do that I will provide you with some models for them, just to make them unique

Proud mod leader, modeller and public relations officer of Heiðinn Veðr: Total War

excellent! It would be great to have unique Norwegian models

It has occurred to me that in this sticky I haven't yet mentioned and gave credit for important features of this submod which were initially conceived for 4.0 by SV back in a topic some time ago:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...=145600&page=7

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Installing this submod will make era's other than Darkage unplayable.

Please make sure to backup the original Sicilian Vespers folder in /Mods before installing this submod.

If you want to play other era's on vanilla Sicilian Vespers then restore your original copy.
    Last edited by sputnik; April 30, 2011 at 07:24 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast