Thread: Problem with this mod & White Label Kingdoms

Default Problem with this mod & White Label Kingdoms

I downloaded the mod and it installed OK, but when I tried to launch it, I got a message similar to this one:

Except it was asking for the original MED2GOLD (or similar) disc. I don't have Medieval II Gold, I have the original MTW2 game and the White Label Kingdoms. I suppose the beta won't play ball with the White Label version of Kingdoms? I believe all the patches have been installed - can anyone help?
    OPEN BATTLEFIELD CAPTURE POINTS AND IMPACT PUFFS HAVE GOT TO GO!
    REVERT INFANTRY THROWING PILAE TO ROME TW'S SYSTEM AS IT WAS PERFECT!

Mobo: GA-P35-S3, CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66Ghz, GPU: AMD HD 6850 1GB, RAM: 4.Gb Corsair DDR2, Sound: Audigy 4, O/S: Windows 7 64bit Home Premium

Opifex

Default Re: Problem with this mod & White Label Kingdoms

That's what happens when people install pirated software their configurations are all messed up. I don't know what to tell you, there's actually quite a few people posting weird error messages, when in private conversation it turns out they're using a bootleg Med2 copy but assume something's up with the mod itself. Believe me , the mod is totally innocuous, and has no ability to alter config or executable files. It is tucked away in its own little mod folder, and doesn't hurt a fly, other than a Gallic footsoldier surrounded by a bunch of Roman infantry.

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty,
    the tranquility of servitude greater than
    the animating contest for freedom, go
    home from us in peace. We seek not
    your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch
    down and lick the hand that feeds you,
    and may posterity forget that ye were
    our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by SigniferOne View Post
    That's what happens when people install pirated software their configurations are all messed up. I don't know what to tell you, there's actually quite a few people posting weird error messages, when in private conversation it turns out they're using a bootleg Med2 copy but assume something's up with the mod itself. Believe me , the mod is totally innocuous, and has no ability to alter config or executable files. It is tucked away in its own little mod folder, and doesn't hurt a fly, other than a Gallic footsoldier surrounded by a bunch of Roman infantry.
    It's the White Label version of Kingdoms, not pirated software:

I've never pirated a game in my life and never will either. So taking that into account, can you help me out?

Mobo: GA-P35-S3, CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66Ghz, GPU: AMD HD 6850 1GB, RAM: 4.Gb Corsair DDR2, Sound: Audigy 4, O/S: Windows 7 64bit Home Premium

Opifex

Oh I don't pirate either, so it's all good. Not sure why it doesn't work with the White Label (which sounds new to me altogether). Do other mods work?

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty,
    the tranquility of servitude greater than
    the animating contest for freedom, go
    home from us in peace. We seek not
    your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch
    down and lick the hand that feeds you,
    and may posterity forget that ye were
    our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by SigniferOne View Post
    Oh I don't pirate either, so it's all good. Not sure why it doesn't work with the White Label (which sounds new to me altogether). Do other mods work?
    Not sure - I reinstalled MTW2/ Kingdoms to try your mod out - I'll try a few others as well. What I don't understand is why it's asking me for the sodding MTW2 Gold disc when the Kingdoms disc is clearly in the drive.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfCrusader76 View Post
    Not sure - I reinstalled MTW2/ Kingdoms to try your mod out - I'll try a few others as well. What I don't understand is why it's asking me for the sodding MTW2 Gold disc when the Kingdoms disc is clearly in the drive.
    Your not the only one having problems with the White Label version apparently http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&b...&aqi=&aql=&oq= Looks like it is an European version not totally compatible with MTW. I have a Direct to Drive purchase which also seems to give problems with some mods,but not this one.
    “Plunderers of the world, after they, laying everything waste, run out of land, they probe even the sea: if their enemy has wealth, they have greed; if he be poor, they are ambitious; neither East nor West has sated them; alone of mankind they covet poverty with the same passion as wealth. Robbery, butchery, rape they misname empire: they make a wasteland and call it peace” Tacitus

My apologies, Sig - the problem was not with your mod. I assumed it was because I tried to launch the mod immediately after installing Kingdoms. Kingdoms itself was spewing up the same message, when I tried to play the Britannic campaign. Then I remembered that I had this issue when I first bought Kingdoms and the solution then, as it was now, was to install a different version of patch 1.5.

Now I've got it up and running, I'll pop some feedback up shortly - looks damn good so far.