Thread: New World Domination

Vezon's Avatar Miles

Default New World Domination

If the Europeans never showed up, which nation would dominate the New World? This really just comes down to the Aztecs and Incas, as they were the only 2 major powers there.

Personally, I favor the Incas. While their warriors may not have had the fearsome reputation(among modern people, at least) that the Aztecs had, they were a very good fighting force. Nations in the Andes would sometimes surrender to them without a fight(see Wiki). They were also more technologically advanced, but not by much.

Archraze's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: New World Domination

Incas would probably just sit there and suffer civil wars and collaspe eventuall like the Western Roman Empire. Till a new dynasty takes power.

I think maybe the Tarascans in Mesoamerica.

Altough I read somehwer that one of the Meso tribes were starting to use Iron. So they could gain dominece
    The problem is with the Aztec hegemoney is going to collapse just like the Toltecs before them.
    Just like Ancient Greece one state rises up than another knocks it down etc. Unless a miricle happens and a Roman style conqest based Meso Empire arises nothing is going to change. A tribute/slave state hegemony state in which everyone around them hates them means Aztecs are doomed.

In that reguard Spain did them a favor by unifing them altough they still did lots of nasty stuff.

I have no idea about North america though I think it is impossable for the natives to be unified.

Vir Triumphalis's Avatar Senator

China. Zheng He and his 7 voyages would have propelled China to superpower status if not for the succeeding emperor who burned his fleet.
    North American empires are way to backward in technology. Wheels have only been found in children's toys. How can an empire rule a land the size of Mexico without wheels or transportation?

Quote Originally Posted by REUBEN23 View Post
    China. Zheng He and his 7 voyages would have propelled China to superpower status if not for the succeeding emperor who burned his fleet.
    North American empires are way to backward in technology. Wheels have only been found in children's toys. How can an empire rule a land the size of Mexico without wheels or transportation?
    the incas did pretty good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Nicholas View Post
    May I suggest ya'll get back on topic. Talk about Napoleon's ethnicity in another thread, this thread is about a leashed penis...
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone
    Life is routine, punctuated by excitement.

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by REUBEN23 View Post
    Wheels aren't very useful when you don't have large animals to pull them.

Quote Originally Posted by Archraze View Post
    Altough I read somehwer that one of the Meso tribes were starting to use Iron. So they could gain dominece
    Tarascans were using metal weapons at the time the Spaniards arrived.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Wheels aren't very useful when you don't have large animals to pull them.
    Incorrect, wheelbarrows and hand carts are useful, opens the why for pulley systems etc.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Tribe of Dan would probably win

I wonder if anyone understands this

Vezon's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Bonemarrow View Post

I think I do. Does it involve Mormons?

The Incas were not unduly cruel to conquered peoples. They allowed the former rulers great favor, and trained the locals in Incan law and administration. They also had begun to use copper, had a road system eqivelant to Rome's, and had large-ish pack animals. Of course, they lacked the wheel. I think that they could conquer the Aztecs if they managed to meet them, in a similar manner to the Spanish. Tens of thousands of men from Aztec client states would join with the Incas to overthrow their masters. And, possibly, by the time the Incas reached Mesoamerica, they would have bronze armour. I really don't know though. Personally, I think the Incas would have an easier time of it in the jungles of Mesoamerica than the Aztecs would have in the Andes, so terrain would favor the Incas attacking. But who knows how long the Incan Empire would have lasted? It had only exsisted for around 150 years when the Spanish arrived in what would be Mexico.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonemarrow View Post

so that's where they were! Silly Hebrews.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Nicholas View Post
    May I suggest ya'll get back on topic. Talk about Napoleon's ethnicity in another thread, this thread is about a leashed penis...
    Quote Originally Posted by Someone
    Life is routine, punctuated by excitement.