Thread: Thrace Garrison Scripts...

Durnaug's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Thrace Garrison Scripts...

Is this a bug or a feature ;-) I was besieging a Thracian city (not the one with the monument, already conquered that) and the advisor popped up and then a scripted stack appeared. I have now spawned several such stacks (I kept forcing Thrace to be my protectorate) and now face a Thracian horde.

I find this exciting and irritating at the same time. Ignoring my insane triggering of the stacks, should Thrace have such a garrison script? I never read about it in the readme.

Thank you

Signed

GCS

Pinkie Pie's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Re: Thrace Garrison Scripts...

not all garrison scripts are cities with monumets (Syracuse, Rhodes and Numantia to name a few)
    the script resets after a certain amount of turns(from what i have seen it works even if your allied and are too close)
    but yes, i believe it is (i assume your talking about Sarmizegetusa)
    "I, Pinkie Pie, declare that these treats are fit for a king, or a queen, or a princess!"
    "Me? Ruin? I'm not the ruiner, I'm the ruinee! Or is it ruinness? Ruinette?"
    "She's ahead of the litter all right. The pick of the litter. The cat's pajamas. Oh wait. Why would Applejack take some poor kitty's pj's? That's not very sporting of her."
    "More balloons! No, that's too many balloons. More candy! No, less candy. Ooh! I know! Streamers!"
    "Oh my gosh. Hold on to your hooves – I am just about to be brilliant!"

Quote Originally Posted by martin616 View Post
    not all garrison scripts are cities with monumets (Syracuse, Rhodes and Numantia to name a few)
    the script resets after a certain amount of turns(from what i have seen it works even if your allied and are too close)
    but yes, i believe it is (i assume your talking about Sarmizegetusa)
    Thank you and damn the Thracians. I am off to die along my northern border.

Pinkie Pie's Avatar Comes Limitis

its almost historical though now
    Sarmizegetusa was a part of the Dacian fortresses of the orăştie mountains and was considered to be a very strong fortress
    "I, Pinkie Pie, declare that these treats are fit for a king, or a queen, or a princess!"
    "Me? Ruin? I'm not the ruiner, I'm the ruinee! Or is it ruinness? Ruinette?"
    "She's ahead of the litter all right. The pick of the litter. The cat's pajamas. Oh wait. Why would Applejack take some poor kitty's pj's? That's not very sporting of her."
    "More balloons! No, that's too many balloons. More candy! No, less candy. Ooh! I know! Streamers!"
    "Oh my gosh. Hold on to your hooves – I am just about to be brilliant!"

Quote Originally Posted by martin616 View Post
    its almost historical though now
    Sarmizegetusa was a part of the Dacian fortresses of the orăştie mountains and was considered to be a very strong fortress
    Well, the Thracians are mad in my game. They ripped through my armies. I got lucky when he strangely attacked two of my stacks with just one Thracian stack. That blunted his attack.