Thread: The DVWEA invasion: the silly submod :)!

nhinhonhinho's Avatar Domesticus

Default The DVWEA invasion: the silly submod :)!

OK i open a threat .

Everyone are wondering what's the hell DVWEA is. This's the answer (hope nobody faint of by disapponitment ): DVWEA is Dai Viet West Expansion Army !

Faction description

DVWEA (Dai Viet West Expansion Army) was the army which came from Dai Viet: the mysterious Empire located from the other side of the Greek's known world. At first the army was only consisted of several thousands men. They came from the East and disembarked on the shore of Saba. After a short war which last for a few years the army like -a terrible storm- wiped out Sabaean’s kingdom from the surface of the Earth and established a series of colonies on Saba's land. The war also terrified the people of the West by the bloodthirsty and brutality of these new, mysterious and terrible "barbarian horde". Satisfied by this great success Dai Viet Empire sent more and more troops, supplies and labors to the newfound colonies and ordered the army to continue to move deeper into the desert to seek out for more land and resources. The result for this is a contact with Ptolemiac and Seleucid empire.

Now the time has come again for the DVWEA and Dai Viet Empire. The Holy Emperor again requested for more land, more slaves and resources. The DVWEA like always will answer him and match again. Their goal is simple: seek out and conquer both Ptolemiac and the Seleucid Empire then if possible move into India. All who dare to stand again the Empire and the Holy Emperor (the divine "son of Heaven") will be strike down without mercy.

The strength of the DVWEA war machine was always rallied in their flexible, cunning, fanatic and brutality. Beside that they also equipped with some special weapons like crossbow and make extended use of light infantry tactic.

This's the army of DVWEA: Right now they have 7 units

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

And here's some battle pic.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The Roman army tried in vain to stop the new invaders. Both side meet the other in Syrian desert

DVWEA army

The battle begin with the hail of crossbow fire. DVWEA's commander deployed crossbowmen next to his pikeman

Then it's turn of light archer who standing behind pikeman and crossbowmen

Then light spearman and swordsman unleashed their javelin

In the name of the Holy Emperor hold the line!

It's seem Roman always have trouble with elephants (from Africa to Indian's elephants)

And the Roman have trouble with cavalry too. Strike them down For the Emperor! Charge!

Draw your swords!

Standard bearer: "Glory for the first man to die! Chargeeeee!"

In the last the Roman meet a bloody result to stand again the Holy Emperor

Before blame me pls read these first

At first this mod is completely not historical accurate . Second I'm nothing but a mere RTW player without modding skill. And the last there're 2 main reason for me to post this once here:

1. I made it just for fun and i think playing alone is not very fun so i decided to share it

2. The new faction here reflected to the other incoming mod. In some case it's a testing ground

Credit:

This "silly" submod brought to you by me Nhinhonhinho

Thanks for
    Dime of course for his xgm
    Nusantara mod team. My teammates who give me those text units
    Phananhtom for his units
    Medusa0 for his crossbow submod

Sorry for
    Sonic because the "bloodthirsty" DVWEA destroyed his favourite Saba

Download links
    http://www.mediafire.com/?ukt5t9pwia97fdh

Hope you will enjoy it.

PS:Requesting for a new skin. I hope we will have another release. I also thinking about add elephants in roster since Dai Viet was famous for it

OK that's all for now. If you like it say thanks to me. If not feel free to blame me

Pinkie Pie's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Re: The DVWEA invasion: the silly submod :)!

im not sure how to make the map that shows its starting position but changing their starting position is quite easy
    Last edited by Pinkie Pie; March 08, 2011 at 12:41 PM.
    "I, Pinkie Pie, declare that these treats are fit for a king, or a queen, or a princess!"
    "Me? Ruin? I'm not the ruiner, I'm the ruinee! Or is it ruinness? Ruinette?"
    "She's ahead of the litter all right. The pick of the litter. The cat's pajamas. Oh wait. Why would Applejack take some poor kitty's pj's? That's not very sporting of her."
    "More balloons! No, that's too many balloons. More candy! No, less candy. Ooh! I know! Streamers!"
    "Oh my gosh. Hold on to your hooves – I am just about to be brilliant!"

when I download it when I try to put in India

Pinkie Pie's Avatar Comes Limitis

im going for scandinavia
    Last edited by Pinkie Pie; March 08, 2011 at 01:12 PM.
    "I, Pinkie Pie, declare that these treats are fit for a king, or a queen, or a princess!"
    "Me? Ruin? I'm not the ruiner, I'm the ruinee! Or is it ruinness? Ruinette?"
    "She's ahead of the litter all right. The pick of the litter. The cat's pajamas. Oh wait. Why would Applejack take some poor kitty's pj's? That's not very sporting of her."
    "More balloons! No, that's too many balloons. More candy! No, less candy. Ooh! I know! Streamers!"
    "Oh my gosh. Hold on to your hooves – I am just about to be brilliant!"

good idea, but with army in Germany

OK Downloading are available now. Go and unleash a terrible horde and destroy the world

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Quote Originally Posted by martin616 View Post
    im not sure how to make the map that shows its starting position but changing their starting position is quite easy
    Edit map_dacia in C:\Program Files (x86)\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\xgm\Data\world\maps\campaign\barbarian_invasion

Spike's Avatar Primicerius

unit cards will be soon

* kick nhinhonhinhoo back to work at NUSTWTOD mod

Annokerate Koriospera Yuinete Kuliansa

Actually i have unit cards already but don't know how to add them in the mod
    Don't worry about NUSTWTOD i'm still quite active lately