Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Help...

Timur_the_Lame's Avatar Praepositus

Default Help...

Soooo...I was having issues with my game, so I re-installed everything. I forgot the 1.5 patch, so install it after all the mods. wasnt working with KGCM so uninstalled KGCM, and then reinstalled after patch. Still wont open my KGCM HS patch save from my HS. So I cant play my turn. Please tell me what to do...reinstall everything again?

Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Help...

Patching up to 1.5 after mods were already installed probably ed it up good and proper. Complete reinstall is probably in order.

Yeah I figured. Restarting the process. Its dumb because I have gold version, should patch to 1.5 already...oh well.

OMG I reinstalled. And Its still not working. Idk what to do. I go to the KGCM options and it says I have 1.4 installed but I have 1.5 installed.

Praeses

Use a patch?

Yeah, I installed 1.5 patch.

Praeses

Try a different area patch.

Yeah I am. And reinstalling again. It better work...Im up in 2 HS's.

Re-installed and stuff still isnt working. I have to go to bed, have class in the morning. Will pm people to sub me.

Send me your passwords I'll check these saves out for yah.

Its the same as the other one I sent you...and I am having the same issue with my SS 6.4 BGR hs...so idk what I did wrong. What is happening is that a window is popping up at end of the 1.5 patch install. I think that is what is causing everything. Please help me guys. Here is the message:
    "'The following error occurred on the file 'F:\M2TW Mods\Kingdoms 1.5 patch\Total_War_Kingdoms_Patch_US\main\kingdoms.exe'.

Access is denied.
    (0x5)"

What the bleep? Lol.

Desley's Avatar Praefectus

Do you have the right patch downloaded? There are different versions for each patch..
    Will and act until victory

Desley's Avatar Praefectus

Will and act until victory

I have the Gold version of the M2tw...and thats the one said to use if you have US version on the Sega website. Dunno how I coulda downloaded the wrong one. going to bed. hope someone has an answer. PM's sent to allies to sub me in my 2 hs's im up in.

Oh and Dave, I know the HS patch worked. I opened the game (normally) and it had rebel Bordeaux and spanish Zaragoza, and etc. So that works, its just it wont work for the HS saves, so clearly I have something different going on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Timur_the_Lame View Post
    OMG I reinstalled. And Its still not working. Idk what to do. I go to the KGCM options and it says I have 1.4 installed but I have 1.5 installed.
    Did you reinstall M2TW or just the mods? Because I think you should do a complete full reinstall as mord says. If you installed the wrong 1.5 patch then install could be messed up now.

Oh and Dave, I know the HS patch worked. I opened the game (normally) and it had rebel Bordeaux and spanish Zaragoza, and etc. So that works, its just it wont work for the HS saves, so clearly I have something different going on here.
    This stands to reason, the hotseat patch will still work fine in single player. But until you've reinstalled with the correct Gold patch no hotseat saves will load up.

Dave

Visor. When I opened Latvian triad save with browser to manage my attachments it said WIN32 virus infected file. That is why I have not uploaded it. When I looked in my virus vault I found two other game files.

Here it is. What does it all mean?

The first three files are listed as infected. I have not played ETW for months and do not have Gold version of Medieval 2. What does this mean?
    Last edited by Grislok; March 08, 2011 at 07:22 AM.

Loose Cannon's Avatar Primicerius
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

@Timur -last week I found I had installed the patch wrong. I had clicked the wrong file after unzipping the patch. After i found the right exe file everything worked. This was after 2 complete M2TW reinstalls, 2 different zip programs, trying different saves. One wrong move with the patch can mess up your day.
    Old age and treachery will always beat youth and exuberance-David Mamet

Old age and forgetfullness makes it . . .er, I forgot-Loose Cannon

Quote Originally Posted by Grislok View Post
    Here it is. What does it all mean?

The first three files are listed as infected. I have not played ETW for months and do not have Gold version of Medieval 2. What does this mean?.
    Magefsx messaged me earlier today because his Kingdoms.exe has got infected with a virus as well. I hope people are keeping their computers clean and not passing viruses onto other people I think everyone needs to do a scan and check if they have got this problem.

Dave
    Last edited by Dave Scarface; March 08, 2011 at 08:50 AM.

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast