Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Imperator - Rome Mod v1.0

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Imperator + Metropolis mod is base on an beta Imperator Final Edition + metropolis mod (not sure really which version). The challenge is more in the strategic sense due to features of metrpolis mod which makes population grow very slow. Honestly I never played the combined mod yet because I myself is enjoying my current campaign which took an expected turn. Pyrhhus is still alive in 265 BC with only Syracuse left as a Greek province. He still have a full stack in Italian mainland but is my ally.

I need that because the Gallic tribes in the north seems to get nasty and started their incursion down south. I do not need 2 front war.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

just wondering what the point of levies are? They have only 120 units and cost 300 upkeep, alot more than hatasti and not as good soldiers. Are they better at keeping order in the cities??

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrrus
    just wondering what the point of levies are? They have only 120 units and cost 300 upkeep, alot more than hatasti and not as good soldiers. Are they better at keeping order in the cities??
    Short term no, but in long term if you play until the reform, they are the only unit that survived the reform. That way you don't have to change the garrisons after the reform happened where you no longer have all other pre-marian roman and AOR units. In time with weapons upgrade and and experience they can be the same level as a green triarii.

Thanks for answering my question Titus, the mod is the best ive played so far for rtw gold and i intend to continue playing it, however i have encountered a bug (or not sure what it is) thats kind of annoying. When i order a unit to march to a new popsition on the battlefield, they always march beyond it before going into the position and sometimes even end up scattering from that position all over the place. It makes fighting battles very hard when your soldiers are going all over the place. Do you have any suggestions on how i could ammend this? Thnx

Eudorus's Avatar Tiro

It makes fighting battles very hard when your soldiers are going all over the place. Do you have any suggestions on how i could ammend this?
    Actualy I like it like that... Some comfusion in the ranks is more realistic I think. Plus its good to have a little panic in a battle, and a bit of "WHAT THE .... ARE YOU DOING" at the computer is always a good laugh.
    I have got to say for my self I think this is by far the best mod to date

Thanks for answering my question Titus, the mod is the best ive played so far for rtw gold and i intend to continue playing it, however i have encountered a bug (or not sure what it is) thats kind of annoying. When i order a unit to march to a new popsition on the battlefield, they always march beyond it before going into the position and sometimes even end up scattering from that position all over the place. It makes fighting battles very hard when your soldiers are going all over the place. Do you have any suggestions on how i could ammend this? Thnx
    Since those 'bugs' are beyond my specialty (hardcoded etc) I will do a CA. It's not a bug, it's a feature ! Seriously, on my own version, I've added the Realistic Landscape Mod by Anyan (I only recently got permission from him to use the feature in my future mod) and I found it more fun (and difficult). You can see a unit (or cohort) marching but once reached the bushes etc they kinda have to split to pass through. Highly realistic and highly recommended.

Though of course due to the AI once in a while you can see a horse or a unit get stuck somewhere there while the others have pass through. Depending on your view, for me it add to the realism. Think of a horse got stuck in a mud and cannot move etc... :wink:

ah ok, thats pretty cool, the only real problem came when an army in the city i was sieging attacked. My army was on the corner of the city and i think something to do with the landscape here made the problem worse since none of my troops seemed to actually do as they were told, it was alot better in field battles.

I wanna thank you for this mod btw, very challenging and very fun. It took me more than 10 years after a couple of crippling close victories to actually kill pyrrhus and take tarentum and croton since i was losing alot of money at the start and could ill afoard any losses. Now ill turn my attention to the rebels of northen italy before the first punic was. And I love the historical scripting, really adds more depth to the game and gives you a bench mark in your conquests. Everyone should play this mod, tho warning its challenging!

ah ok, thats pretty cool, the only real problem came when an army in the city i was sieging attacked. My army was on the corner of the city and i think something to do with the landscape here made the problem worse since none of my troops seemed to actually do as they were told, it was alot better in field battles.

I wanna thank you for this mod btw, very challenging and very fun. It took me more than 10 years after a couple of crippling close victories to actually kill pyrrhus and take tarentum and croton since i was losing alot of money at the start and could ill afoard any losses. Now ill turn my attention to the rebels of northen italy before the first punic was. And I love the historical scripting, really adds more depth to the game and gives you a bench mark in your conquests. Everyone should play this mod, tho warning its challenging!
    Yes that's true. It happened even on vanilla RTW 1.2 It seems to be better in RTR 1.5 / BI 1.6 though. In my free time I'm porting RTR 6.0 gold to RTW 1.5 and if it's successful maybe I'll release Imperator for that also (guess not maybe , but surely ).

However, there's no ETA yet, maybe the RTR devs will release the 7.0 first. Who knows.

=E.T='s Avatar Civis

Nice news!

:p
    AVE!
    ................................................................. =E.T=

Eudorus's Avatar Tiro

I wanted to join Pyrrus in thnking you for taking the time for this mod, It makes RTR sooooo much better, and harder.
    Not to say RTR is not a GREAT mod too.

Quote Originally Posted by Eudorus
    I wanted to join Pyrrus in thnking you for taking the time for this mod, It makes RTR sooooo much better, and harder.
    Not to say RTR is not a GREAT mod too.
    Thanks for the support guys, though honestly I only built a little on top of an already great mod which is RTR 6.0 Gold and also Marcus Camillus 4TPY mod which is the main scripting funtions in this mod. All I did was to tweak here and there a bit... And also thx to Bouis especially for his Roma Mod (for RTR 5.41) which is my inspiration for this mod.

Default Re: Imperator - Rome Mod v1.0

I have decided to make my version 2.0 to be base on either 1.5 or BI 1.5 and there's no point in using current RTW 1.2 which RTR 6.0 Gold is base. The choice is to wait for RTR 7.0 comes out or to be base on current 6.0 Gold converted to use with RTW 1.5 . Currently I'm in the process of porting RTR Gold to be compatible with RTW 1.5

Do not that this is not official RTR project as the team is more geared towards the release of RTR 7.0 This conversion project is more a community project. Anyone interested might join me in this thread on the RTYR official forum.

Til then. :wavecry

Links do not corrupt proceed

HELP PLEASE

BROKEN LINKS
    I do not download PLEASE HELP

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Hello atademir; this thread is 10 years old, I really doubt you will be able to find the mod up again; please always check the date of the last post before posting a new reply.
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

To play this mod, you'll probably have to find the original Activision (3 cds) RTW copy, patch it to 1.2, then install RTR 6 Gold (not sure if any links still available) then only install this mod.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123