v1.1 Released - 10/02/06 (patch)
    v1.2 Released - 18/02/06 (patch)

v1.0 Released - 28/02/06 Final Edition

Imperator - Final Edition - File Front

Imperator - Final Edition - Rapid Share

Imperator - Rome Mod v1.0

Imperator - Rome Mod v1.1 patch

Imperator - Rome Mod v1.2 patch

Please also read Marcus Camilus 4TPY thread regarding save game from previous version.

----------------------------------------------------

This software was developed for the Rome Total Realism community in an effort to enhance its game play experience.

Using Rome Total War 1.2 & RTR v6.0 Gold

----------------------------------------------
    Licence Agreement:

Terms of Use
    This software is FREEWARE. This software is provided "as is", without any guarantee made as to its suitability or fitness for any particular use.
    It may contain bugs, so use of this tool is at your own risk. I take no responsibility for any damage that may unintentionally be caused through its use.
    I have verified it on a local system and on a number of other users computers, but there is no way for me to be able to guarantee that it will work on each and every system configuration out there.

Cooperation
    You may not use Rome Total War : Imperator - Rome Mod v1.0 in a product, either free or commercial, without the express permission of me.
    If you are interested in redistributing 'Imperator - Rome Mod v1.0' , either in original or modified form, or wish to use 'Imperator - Rome Mod v1.0' source code in a product,
    or have any other idea of cooperation, including a job offer or a donation, please send e-mail to aliesterfiend2000@yahoo.com with details.

Copyright Notice
    LestaT holds valid copyright on the Software. Nothing in this agreement constitutes a waiver of any rights under Malaysian Copyright law or any other federal, religious or state law.

Prologue

The Imperator team is proud to present you the Final Edition of Imperator v1.0 which is a mod of Rome , for RTR fans especially and RTW players in general who loves to play Roman campaign but somehow feels that the standard campaign is too easy. This is understood as it is difficult to balance all factions including human and AI faction satisfactorily as is it generally accepted the weak AI for RTW 1.2 which the current RTR 6.0 Gold is build upon. Hopefully this will no longer be a problem for RTR 7.0 which will be base on RTW/BI 1.6 version.

About the mod

This mod is losely base on the influence from Roma Mod by Bouis for RTR 5.41 . This mod is presented to you basically the way I wanted and like to play. It might not be historically accurate mod, but a game is a game. tongue.gif Anyway I added some elements for anyone who prefer to play historically, like the spawn army which hopefully will trigger the Punic war and the usage of 4TPY by Marcus Camillus plus longer build times to prevent blitzing for a short period and eneded the game before even reaching the Marian Reformation (which the game gets more exciting wink.gif ).

It is playable at first as Romans and other factions will be made avialable after finishing the campaign. Anyway due to balancing (or unbalancing) of Romans in the mod, it is not much different playing other faction than in vanilla RTR 6.0

The Final Edition

This is going to be the final version for 1.0 , which consists of the original release v1.0 plus the patches. For those who are already into the campaign, the download and installation is optional. Even though, it is save game compatible (unless further modified by yours truly self wink.gif ) and it is highly recomended to reinstall Imperator 1.0 Final Edition on top of current installment due to some moe add ons which makes the games more exciting.

Most of all it is regarding typo error, some tweaks in stats, additional info via the 4TPY script and factions renamed. I have renamed some of the factions to be the same like the upcoming RTR 7.0 version. Anyway for those who prefer the current name can copy the original text from the back up file.

Anyway , Roman has been rename S.P.Q.R. which I believe more suitable than Republic of Rome (sounds too modern laugh :laughing: ).

Here are the game basis from read me file.

Installation Instructions:
    1. Install Rome Total Realism v6.0 Gold into a clean copy of Rome Total War patched to 1.2
    2. Install Imperator - Rome Mod v1.0 Final Edition for RTR v6.0 Gold
    3. Start Roman Campaign (other factions will be unlocked after finishing the Roman Campaign)

Patch Installation Instructions: *if already have previous version installed *
    1. Install Rome Total Realism v6.0 Gold into a clean copy of Rome Total War patched to 1.2
    2. Install Imperator - Rome Mod v1.0 for RTR v6.0 Gold.
    3. Install Imperator - patch v1.1
    4. Install Imperator - patch v1.2
    5. Install Imperator - Final Edition
    5. Reload a save game campaign or start a new Roman Campaign

Mod Features:

1. Additional unit - Roman City Militia for garrisoning duties
    2. Includes: 4 turns per year v1.8 by Marcus Camillus (modified)
    3. Includes: Trajan's (SigniferOne's Animations With RTR v6.0 Gold) - by Samurai121
    4. Includes: Cognomen Mod & new quotes - by Guinnessmonkey & Moonfog **
    5. Includes: Gladius Loading Bar - by Becksim
    6. Includes: New Cursor (Pugio) - by Kos007
    7. Includes: WarCry mod - by NorthHammer (compatible file by Samurai121)
    8. Includes: Land bridge & desert block for RTR 6.0 gold - by matt
    9. Includes: Bigger Roman Forts - by LT1956

New Features:

1. New Faction Names - In line with released RTR 7.0 faction names
    2. Most rebel town/cities started with no wall/defenses and no more Epic Stone Wall- inspired by Chaotica with his Metropolis Mod
    3. Longer building time especially for Romans to fully utilise 4TPY features
    4. Greeks presence in Italy is stronger than 'vanilla' RTR
    5. New buildings - All kinds of ships could only be build in war/naval ports (buildable in timber producing provinces), normal ports only bring trade incomes
    6. Money is tight , especially early in the game due to higher core Roman units upkeeps, make AOR troops more useful for economic reasons
    7. Legionary First Cohort has been rename - Legio Prima Cohortis & New unit description according to legions
    8. Recruitment of legions restricted according to area/AOR. Maximum 22 legions all over
    9. Restrictive campaigning in winter thanks to 4TPY by Marcus Camillus. Please read the 4TPY read me for detail features

List of Post Marian Legions:

01. Legio I Italica - Italy
    02. Legio II Augusta - Punic
    03. Legio III Gallica - Gaul
    04. Legio IV Skythia - Illyria
    05. Legio V Makedonica - Macedonia
    06. Legio VI Ferrata - Greek
    07. Legio VII Alaudae - Gaul
    08. Legio VIII Gemina - Germania
    09. Legio IX Hispana - Iberia
    10. Legio X Primigenia - recruited only in Rome
    11. Legio XI Cyrenaica - Egypt
    12. Legio XII Fulminata - recruited only in region of Umbria
    13. Legio XIII Fretensis - Egypt & Syria
    14. Legio XIV Parthica - Persia
    15. Legio XV Apollinaris - Galatia
    16. Legio XVI Triana Fortis - East (Arab & Hill)
    17. Legio XVII Claudia Pia Fidelis - East (Arab & Persia)
    18. Legio XVIII Macriana Liberatrix - Iberia & Dacia
    19. Legio XIX Minervia - Germania & Numidia
    20. Legio XX Valeria Victrix - Dacia & Scythia
    21. Legio XXI Rapax - Nothern Italy
    22. Legio XXII Deiotariana - Galatia

Latest Features:

1. Corrects the 'spawn army' when reloading game. (Patch 1.1)
    2. Additional events info via 4TPY script. (Final Edition)
    3. Some minor change in export_units & export_buildings. (Patch 1.2)
    4. Deletes the gold weapons & armour ability from mines. (Patch 1.2)
    5. Some adjustment to the war port recruitments. (Patch 1.2)
    6. Additional 'spawn army' - second Punic War. (Patch 1.2)
    7. Marcus Camillus Player Formation Mod (Final Edition)

Suggested Enchancement :

1. Marcus Camillus' Player Formations Mod
    2. Latin voice mod
    3. Marcus Camillus' RTR Music ReMix Mod
    -or-
    4. CC Lite Music Mod by The Cantus Congregatio team (compatible file by Swordfish)

Credits & Special Thanks:

1. All RTR teams past, present & future for a great mod especially Boius Roma mod for 5.41 for my best inspiration.
    2. CA for providing us with a great platform to create great mods.
    3. All rometotalrealism.org forum readers for support, suggestions and advice.
    4. Marcus Camillus for his great 4TPY mods which is the major platform this mini mod is basicallly built upon.
    5. Spartacus & Guinessmonkey for thread and inspiration regarding real roman names (Cognomen).
    6. SigniferOne for great animation which is made possible by Samurai121 and also H0sPiTalLeR for his Unit speed Modifiers (modified).
    7. Agricola for ideas regarding historical events.
    8. Very special thanks for the guys responsible for naval mods, Chaotica for his met mods , Draknar for his mods collection.
    9. Anyone who's work I included whether in principle or modified which not make the credits to please email me at mdnizamy@time.net.my and I will make sure your work will get recognition intended.
    Note: All unit cards for Roman Legions and other units are reused from previous versions of RTR

* : works for me without deleting
    ** : from the Cognomen thread. A mixture of both plus some of mine anyway I believe but the credit is
    theirs.

Last edited by AngryTitusPullo; April 03, 2006 at 03:46 AM. Reason: Latest patch

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

hey part of my name is part of the mod name=)
    Under the Patronage of the Honorable Bolkonskij

Indulge yourself into discovering the race of the Turks that stormed the Oriental world and regained their honor from the despair of decay.
    The Expiation of Degeneracy-A Great Seljuks AAR at http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=276748
    "By purple death I'm seized and fate supreme."- Julian the Apostate

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Imperator as in a warlord who has won many wars..
    Last edited by AngryTitusPullo; February 10, 2006 at 06:50 AM.

The new cursor looks great!
    Can you tell me where in the directory the files for it are found so that I can implement it into some other mods?

Your mod looks pretty cool, I've just downloaded it. I prefer playing barbarian factions but the romans are great fun too, so i'll give your mod a shot. Keep up your good work!
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

"attack the argument, not the person saying it" -lee1026
    Sig by Manji

quick question: will I have to restart my game?
    Maximus Lazero
    Why is it that at least one of the Romans are wusses?

Your mod looks pretty cool, I've just downloaded it. I prefer playing barbarian factions but the romans are great fun too, so i'll give your mod a shot. Keep up your good work!
    Yes. On my own preference when I play civilize factions I play RTR. When I play Barbarians I play EB.

As for the cursor it is under the menu folder , find the cursor.tga file. You can download it also from the twcenter download section. I can't remember the link but it's under rome total war / mods download. The title is new cursor (pugio) by Kos007.

Cheers.
    Last edited by AngryTitusPullo; February 10, 2006 at 06:52 AM.

Regarding whether to start a new game meaning from the my demo version 0.5 ? Well preferably yes since there's few surprises and new army positioning. There's also a change in version of 4TPY from 1.7 in the demo to version 1.8 in the v1.0 release.
    Last edited by AngryTitusPullo; February 10, 2006 at 06:54 AM.

Imperator - Rome Mod v1.0
    Gameplay Guide & Tips

Out of boredom, I would like to share some game guide & tips for my mod. Please note however that this is not a house rule or anything but just guidelines for anyone who have never played Metropolis Mod or Roma Mod by Bouis (for RTR 5.41) as this mod takes some elements from both mods.

Introduction

This mod is optimize and modified to be play as Roman faction (Senatus Populusque Romanus) only though other faction will be unlocked after finishing the Roman campaign. The idea of this mod is to make Roman campaign more challenging than vanilla RTR Gold Edition. If you find the vanilla RTR Gold Edition is hard enough then this mod is definately not for you. The challange is more directed towards the campaign mode , and not the battle mode.

Buildings

Only one new building tree is added which is war harbours. In Imperator, the ports,shipwrights & dockyards only open trade routes and bring trade income only. All naval vessels are only recruitable at war harbours. Only certain provinces that have timbers will the war harbours be build. That makes Roman start with province that have no war vessels building facility.

Other buildings like walls & roads are buildable one level higher that vanilla RTR. For instance , walls only buildable starting from large town. This makes most towns belonging to rebels starts with no walls in the beginning. This provides extra challenge earlier in the campaign as player can no longer assault a rebel town like Corfinium , leave a unit and move to another town like in vanilla.

Basic roads can only be buildable from large town onwards. This is taking into account of slowing gameplay a bit o curb fast expansion. However an army led by general unit have bonus movement points , except in winter. (4TPY v1.8 mod features).

Almost all buildings got double contruction time from vanilla RTR and the cost have been up too. For Roman auxilia , upgrades from Aux I to Aux II will follow town developements. For example a village for Aux I , town for Aux II , large town for Aux II and so on.

Units

Newly added Leves (City Militia) recruitable from Provincial & Roman barracks. This unit are only better use for garrisoning duty. Though they dressed and armed like Triarii, they don't hold much in battle and will likely run at first contacted with enemy.

I decided to use RTR unit number because of population control. This game is better player with huge unit settings. In a way it adds to the challenge. For instance in my test game I occupied a huge Greek city only to find that the population in less than 2000. Takes some years to build up population and eventually to use it as forward Roman base in further campaign.

Roman unit costs & upkeeps have been increased. It's no longer possible to multiple full stacks sitting idle in early to mid campaign. Some of 'favourite' merc units have their cost increase also. To balance the book, an idle Roman Legion pre & post Marian should be kept at half stack. My favorite is pre-Marian Legion army composition is :

2 Equites Consulares (General Units)
    2 Hastati
    2 Principe
    2 Triarii
    2 Missiles (Funditore or Velites)

If it comes to war, like any province under attack. I will quickly raise additional reserve force in form of Auxilia. This can just be done in 1 turn due to I have given all AOR foot unit types (all factions) a 0 turn recruitment. They are best as fodders before heavier roman infantry gets in. They can quickly be disbanded into the population once the threat has been reduce to minimize upkeeps.

Post Marian is where it gets exciting (if you play tis mod long enough and not bored by it . Instead of common legionaries recruited in any Roman province, you can now be able to recruit Named Legions which restricted to their area of recruitment zone. For example the first Italian legion , Legion I Italica can only be recruited and retrain in Italy. Their stats and costs are varied according to legions. Some legions can form testudo though you don't have to use it if you think its ahistorical but I have given most eastern legions that have contact with the highly acclaimed Eastern Horse Archers to be able to form testudo.

So far I have make 22 legions for Romans altogether. Though there's no house rule whatsoever to say that multiple same named legion can be created, it is much more economic to only create one each. The only region where no legion can be recruited is the British Isles. Any player bold and brave enough can send 4 legions to invade British Isles and hope reinforcement from Gauls.

Suggested legion composition

2 Equites Pretorianii (General Units)
    1 Prima Legio Cohortis (Legionaru First Cohort)
    9 Legionary Cohorts (according to ZOR)

The rest to be fill up with auxillia units depending on location.

Starting Campaign

The campaign starts in 280 BC. Phyrrus has landed near Tarentum. Senate decides that Corfinium need to be within Roman control to further Roman interest. You can see from the victoria pop up informing events that happen at certain season and year.

Rome starts with 4 armies. 2 in the field while 2 are stationary in 2 other cities. An experience player can stop Phyrrus right at first turn. The Greek army had a small reinforcement from Tarentum. A good commander can surely defeat the army but the might be high.

Even though Rome starts with 8000 Denarii but the upkeep is about 4000 Denarii. I usually use the money for trade income buildings first while a few balance to recruit at least 2 funditores. It is useful to counter the Cretan archers that were employed by the Greeks.

My tactis were to retreat the forces led by Quintus and merge them with the force led by the faction heir. With the combine forces avialable, Corfinium which is full of rebels are quite easy to defeat. Eventhough the town starts with no walls, I prefer to siege instead of attacking them. Most rebel towns starts with no walls though they are compensate with much more rebels than usual. If you let them for quite some times, they even venture out and attack you settlements instead.
    Last edited by AngryTitusPullo; February 10, 2006 at 06:56 AM.

can anyone make a 0-Turn recuitement time for this mod? it will this mod perfect!!! like SPQR!
    SUPPORT YOUR COUNTRY!!!
    http://www.politicallyincorrect.de/

MEMBER of S.I.N.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryTitusPullo
    The same goes to roads which makes movement very difficult , unless one army travels with a General (4TPY mod features).
    are you saying roads make armies move slower???
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Sig by Manji

Quote Originally Posted by JuliusCaesar83
    can anyone make a 0-Turn recuitement time for this mod? it will this mod perfect!!! like SPQR!
    All AOR (auxilia) foot units have 0 turn recruitments. They of course lacks the finesse of core regular faction troops but they make up the numbers. In my regular 'peace time' roman troops I keep at half stack which is useful to keeps the provinces off brigands etc.

If a large stack of enemy approaching , I will called up (recruis) auxilias to make up to full stack.

I will continue writing the guides which will cover troops recruitment etc.

Merged double post. Please use the edit button next time. - Trajan

Quote Originally Posted by LordSaradain
    are you saying roads make armies move slower???
    Sorry couldn't find the right words to make it clearer (English i only my 2nd language). What I mean is roads building are also like walls. You can only start to build basic roads at large town level. Then the next upgrade is on the next town upgrade level (which is city).

So lack of roads in early campaign (where most are village & towns) makes the game a slower aproach. Anyway movement points is like RTW vanilla. Only generals are given movement point bonus (thanks to Marcus Camillus 4TPY mod v1.8) so armies benefited by being led by General unit. If only captain units then the movement is severely at disadvantage.

Movement points are also reduce during winter (and idea from EB) except German & Sarmatian factions , so it's quite disadvantage to faight these 2 factions during winter time.

I will follow up with my game guide.
    Last edited by AngryTitusPullo; February 10, 2006 at 06:58 AM.

=E.T='s Avatar Civis

speedy tested, just 36 turns 4 Rome

20-22 4 Carthage

just a couple 4 Greeks, Iberians and Macedon:

... Is very, very good mod!

congratulations, man!!!

AVE!
    ................................................................. =E.T=

Quote Originally Posted by AngryTitusPullo
    Sorry couldn't find the right words to make it clearer (English i only my 2nd language). What I mean is roads building are also like walls. You can only start to build basic roads at large town level. Then the next upgrade is on the next town upgrade level (which is city).

So lack of roads in early campaign (where most are village & towns) makes the game a slower aproach. Anyway movement points is like RTW vanilla. Only generals are given movement point bonus (thanks to Marcus Camillus 4TPY mod v1.8) so armies benefited by being led by General unit. If only captain units then the movement is severely at disadvantage.

Movement points are also reduce during winter (and idea from EB) except German & Sarmatian factions , so it's quite disadvantage to faight these 2 factions during winter time.

I will follow up with my game guide.
    Oh, thanks for clarifying!

I think thracians, gauls and prehaps illyrians should also have the movement bonus in winter.
    (\__/)
    (O.o )

Sig by Manji

Quote Originally Posted by LordSaradain
    Oh, thanks for clarifying!

I think thracians, gauls and prehaps illyrians should also have the movement bonus in winter.
    Yes. Initially I believe that most barbarian factions prefers to fight battles in winter (game AI , not sure historically correct or not). Those features are actually come from 4TPY mod by Marcus Camillus. Me myself haven't been able to fight Germania yet in my newest campaign so I cannot actually comments on the actual outcome from these advantage to the barbarians.

Most of the times anyway AI factions seems to prefer battles lead by captains only

Merged double post. - Trajan

Quote Originally Posted by =E.T=
    speedy tested, just 36 turns 4 Rome

20-22 4 Carthage

just a couple 4 Greeks, Iberians and Macedon:

... Is very, very good mod!

congratulations, man!!!

You tested playing other factions ET ?
    Last edited by AngryTitusPullo; February 10, 2006 at 06:59 AM.

i have another question: when will be the marius reforms? and what buildings you must have to get the reforms?

PS: Can anyone post some screenshots?
    thx
    SUPPORT YOUR COUNTRY!!!

MEMBER of S.I.N.

i have another question: when will be the marius reforms? and what buildings you must have to get the reforms?

PS: Can anyone post some screenshots?
    thx
    The Marius Reform will still happened according to RTW 1.2 / RTR versions which is after the year 220BC and while having imperial palace in Italy. In my previous 'unreleased' version I had the reform around 192BC.

I'm also just started playing my newest version campaign. Will post some screenshots once I found something interesting. I forgot to save some screenshot around 275BC , when you thought that Phyrrus is dead, he returns to Italy, with another army.

If anyone who has played further into the campaign (and still be able to hold their empire) is free to post some screen shots here.
    Last edited by AngryTitusPullo; February 10, 2006 at 06:59 AM.

thx. thats very good because i like the most mods only at the marius reforms (its a must for someone who read the triology "imperator" from conn iggulden*HEHE*

i`ll download your mod today. i have some time problems because i`m also playing SPQR and i`m very close to the reforms *YEAH*

when i have time i `ll posts some screenshots
    SUPPORT YOUR COUNTRY!!!

MEMBER of S.I.N.

thx. thats very good because i like the most mods only at the marius reforms (its a must for someone who read the triology "imperator" from conn iggulden*HEHE*

i`ll download your mod today. i have some time problems because i`m also playing SPQR and i`m very close to the reforms *YEAH*

when i have time i `ll posts some screenshots
    Well, take your time. Since my mod uses the 4 turn per year it'll take longer than the usual 2TPY to reach the reforms. but I assure you it's worth the wait.. :sweatingb

About the book, I only have the 2nd one.. anyway my fav is still the Eagle series by Simon Scarrow.
    Last edited by AngryTitusPullo; February 10, 2006 at 07:00 AM.

hm.. then it takes a long time ...

yes, they are very good. i`m now reading the third part of the eagle series in german (because i`m an austrian)
    SUPPORT YOUR COUNTRY!!!

MEMBER of S.I.N.

Here are some screen shots from my 'demo' version 0.5

Enjoy !! :laughing:

Start campaign

Battle

Melee
    Last edited by AngryTitusPullo; February 10, 2006 at 07:01 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast