Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast

Thread: Preview: Minas Morgul, Edoras, Rivendell, Hobbiton, Rammas Echor and Caras Galadhon

el Cid's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Preview: Minas Morgul

Quote Originally Posted by Lolyjoly123 View Post
    If the first gate was closed, it would be impossible to take the citadel. Because you would need to cross the bridge with the ram, while archers on the walls fire the ram up, so you would need like 15 rams for just one siege! But of the first gate is open you can try and secure the first ring with your troops, and then bring up the ram for the second ring.
    Well I don't know if you've ever tried igniting a ram, but it is definately very hard, once I had like 8 archer units firing at one ram and it didn't break down. I think igniting one is also a chance of luck.

Personally, I would have the first gate also closed, but I accept D_A's solution.

Quote Originally Posted by el Cid View Post
    Well I don't know if you've ever tried igniting a ram, but it is definately very hard, once I had like 8 archer units firing at one ram and it didn't break down. I think igniting one is also a chance of luck.

Personally, I would have the first gate also closed, but I accept D_A's solution.
    Rams light up in no time. In fact its usually the first thing to go in a siege.

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

No. There is another types of gates that could fit it. Wooden Castle has a big tall rectangular gat that could be changed to look creppy texture.

Anyway I want to congratulate devils_advocate for such a great piece of art.

Quote Originally Posted by leo.civil.uefs View Post
    Not to complain about this wonderful customsettlement but the Idea of a always opened external gate is quite weird for me.
    You have models of gates with animations in sizes that could fit it asly (like the wooden castles ones).

Just my opinion.
    Complaining for the sake of complaining...
    You should know you can´t apply proper animations to objects other than vanila´s; gates, walls etc.

Erunion Telcontar's Avatar Senator

Always open gates are fine by me - I am always quite content to let the AI breach the first gate, as my defenses are typically based on setting an ambush behind the choke point, or if I have too few troops, defending the interior layers/town square.

+Rep for anyone who can translate! (The above)
    Auta i lóme! Aurë entuluva!

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

Quote Originally Posted by Devils_Advocate View Post
    Complaining for the sake of complaining...
    You should know you can´t apply proper animations to objects other than vanila´s; gates, walls etc.
    I meant using a vanilla gate with a vanilla animation. Just a different texture.
    The gat from wooden castle could fit it nicely, I think we should do things a little diferrent from the movies if it means having something that would do more sense in gameplay.

Dont know what do you mean with "Complaining for the sake of complaining..."

and what about making a smaller gate in the big one - like the black gate perhaps?

@DA i was just wondering if you had seen the ideas on showing the steep stair and that and what your thoughts were?

Quote Originally Posted by Lemoniser View Post
    @DA i was just wondering if you had seen the ideas on showing the steep stair and that and what your thoughts were?
    No I haven´t read your "ideas" concerning the stair and I won´t.
    I have made the stair actually, but with too many polys; and to align it properly to the terrain is a bit tricky.
    I might make a new one though, maybe till release; for now more important things are on my plate than those blunt details.

okay, i was just wondering in general if you just hadnt seen em, if it wasnt possible or what. good to know you saw em and great work on it :

This Minas Morgul looks wonderful. This is together with Minas Thirith till now my favorite settlement.

Just some questions:

In the pictures it seems that the Morgul road ends in Minas Morgul. How does the Morgul vale is formed on this map?

Like this? Or different?

Within the walls were many houses. Are they also on the battle map? ´

Concerning to lore the tower and the walls had many windows. Are there also some windows, or maby textured closed windows on the battle map tower and in the walls?

I'm, sorry if this questions were already answered. Again, wonderful custom city. I'm looking forward to it.

Coeur de Lion's Avatar Ordinarius

Great work DA!!

On a topic similar to Isildor's post above, I'm interested to know how this will be orientated in terms of the campaign map. Correct me if I'm wrong but should Minas Morgul be assaulted from the west, the city and its main gate should be orientated to face west ie towards Minas Tirith. If this is the case, would the city be open to assault from all sides as vanilla cities are? My thoughts on the matter, for what they are worth, are thus: Minas Morgul is practically impossible to assault from the East, particularly if the occupying force holds the fortifications around the pass of Cirith Ungol therefore, on the campaign map, the Eastern squares of terrain directly surrounding Minas Morgul should be inaccessible, the only way to reach the city and the Morgul vale being through the pass. Not only this but, as you have shown, Minas Morgul is built with the mountains at its back, in the same was Minas Tirith is.
    Now I think I'm correct in saying that there is a way on the campaign map to allow characters to pass over an area of terrain without actually being able to stand upon it (like a crossing of the English channel into France), I propose this as a solution to my question for the following reasons:
    - this route would replicate the army marching through the pass of Cirith Ungol (after capturing the fortifications which I believe are already present on the campaign map)
    - an army would not be able to stand on the area, meaning that they cannot be deployed for battle in that area, accurately replicating the inability of a large army to deploy in the pass itself
    - it would place a high degree of importance upon keeping the fortifications of Cirith Ungol manned in order to prevent such an incursion (something which we all may know Gondor did not do, hastening their loss of Minas Ithil)

TheGeat's Avatar Miles

Lol. This is rediculously awsome

Incredible work D_A can't wait to try it out!

ealfing's Avatar Laetus

Default I wants it: Preview: Minas Morgul

How do I get the version of Third age that has the authentic castles like Minas Morgul?

el Cid's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: I wants it: Preview: Minas Morgul

Quote Originally Posted by ealfing View Post
    How do I get the version of Third age that has the authentic castles like Minas Morgul?
    That's why it's called a preview, it is not released yet.

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: I wants it: Preview: Minas Morgul

Quote Originally Posted by ealfing View Post
    They've never learned to read did they?.......

Hehe, like making fun of n00bs, are we?

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by NickTheGreek3 View Post
    Hehe, like making fun of n00bs, are we?
    They make fun of themselves

Trailhog250's Avatar Semisalis

Will there be a 'Minas Ithil' conversion for Gondor

Then again in the book Aragorn said it would be years before any man could go there... but I would still love to see a Minas Ithil conversion for Gondor of it's possible. But I don't know how much work it would be... might be just a matter of a few textures and removing the green glow and might not be