Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Preview: Minas Morgul, Edoras, Rivendell, Hobbiton, Rammas Echor and Caras Galadhon

Default Re: Preview: Minas Morgul, Edoras and Rivendell 2.0 (Update)

Really great DA, just be patient with pepople asking for release over and over again ... Thank you for your work once again and thanks to KK
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Si votre cannon tire, nos rochers n'en seront pas epouvantés

Waldesian fighter to French officer demanding surrender,
    Battle of Balziglia, 24th of may, 1690

KR153's Avatar Semisalis

THX for the latest update! It´s beautyful enough to just walk around in it!
    One general question concerning walls: Are there still destructable/ undestructable sections?
    NIE WEDDER SLAAV VUN ROM!

very nice work, I'm really looking forward to playing another campaign when these settlements are in the game.

You should make a small movie showing them in more detail

Quote Originally Posted by KnowYourEnemy View Post
    I'd say there's about 0 chance of that happening. That just aint how the TATW modding team rolls.

Amazing! KK's original buildings where beautiful, but now the whole valley looks just right.

Though from the pictures I can't really see where the armies are supposed to deploy...

Quote Originally Posted by marceror View Post
    I'd say there's about 0 chance of that happening. That just aint how the TATW modding team rolls.
    MasterBigAB made a lot of movies, so why not one with the new settlements?

I'm sure that once the mod is released, he'll be free to make as many movies as he wants. But I've never seen the TATW team make a settlement preview or a faction preview in the form of a movie, and I've been around since long before this mod was released, Shved was still the team lead, and King Kong had just come onboard to "assist."

They don't want to spend too much time creating these previews and and this point in the game, and they don't want you to see everything, as they want there to be some surprises when the release finally happens. A video tour of a settlement wouldn't leave much left to the imagination.

I'm not saying I wouldn't enjoy such a preview. I'm just saying that I feel pretty confident in saying you won't get one before the next version is released.

MasterBig has done his trailers, but I really doubt he'd be permitted to make full settlement previews. In those you just see snips.
    Last edited by marceror; June 05, 2011 at 12:48 PM.

I'm sure that once the mod is released, he'll be free to make as many movies as he wants. But I've never seen the TATW team make a settlement preview or a faction preview in the form of a movie, and I've been around since long before this mod was released, Shved was still the team lead, and King Kong had just come onboard to "assist."

They don't want to spend too much time creating these previews and and this point in the game, and they don't want you to see everything, as they want there to be some surprises when the release finally happens. A video tour of a settlement wouldn't leave much left to the imagination.

I'm not saying I wouldn't enjoy such a preview. I'm just saying that I feel pretty confident in saying you won't get one before the next version is released.

MasterBig has done his trailers, but I really doubt he'd be permitted to make full settlement previews. In those you just see snips.

As far i know its just technical impossible to make trailer about the custom settlements.
    MasterBigAb wanted to make trailers, but somehow it wont work.
    Thats the reason.

MURDERERS you are murderer! you want to kill me with an hearth-attack he? Stop giving us so beautiful pictures or i will be blind in few days!

Quote Originally Posted by fishdish View Post
    As far i know its just technical impossible to make trailer about the custom settlements.
    Thats the reason.
    Uh, that sounds like a load of bull. If the settlements work, and you can launch them in game, then you can record it and make a video. Technically impossible? I think not.

@Mac-Picsou

That was DEFINITELY TMI!!

There are some weird assumptions why things are as they are.
    Custom settlemens are indeed impossible to load via the cinematic editor (the video capturing tool for M2) respectively a ctd occurs, hence no videos yet. One can of course run fraps or any other video capturing program while playing on a custom battlefield and then cut things together. But this will end in a video of humble quality, since you are lacking the possibilities the cinematic editor only offers.
    That´s just status quo, I am optimistic the IWTE-gang will master this issue once as well.

Uh, that sounds like a load of bull. If the settlements work, and you can launch them in game, then you can record it and make a video. Technically impossible? I think not.

I meant the issue with the cinematic editor like DA pointed out...I read it some while ago, so no its not bull....

@ DA
    Yeah i am sure those two wizzards will crack this out.

Quote Originally Posted by Devils_Advocate View Post
    Custom settlemens are indeed impossible to load via the cinematic editor (the video capturing tool for M2) respectively a ctd occurs, hence no videos yet. One can of course run fraps or any other video capturing program while playing on a custom battlefield and then cut things together. But this will end in a video of humble quality, since you are lacking the possibilities the cinematic editor only offers.
    That´s just status quo, I am optimistic the IWTE-gang will master this issue once as well.
    I admit that some of what I'm saying is assumption and/or observation based on my lurking in this forum off and on since 2008. Faction previews were always just a collection pictures, not videos. I'm not sure why the TATW team would feel compelled to take an alternate approach with custom settlements and add video previews, but what do I know. Perhaps this is something you really want to do these days.

That said, it would seem like the cinematic editor would be a bigger deal for previewing units than it would for previewing a settlement, unless the real intent is to create more of a trailer than a preview, in which I'd guess you'd want to use both. The original post that I was responding to, as I recall, was really looking for a "preview" that walks you through the layout of the settlement, not a trailer to hype the game.

Quote Originally Posted by KnowYourEnemy
    The second comment I was responding to said absolutely NOTHING about the cinematic editor being a limitation.
    Quote Originally Posted by fishdish
    Thats the reason.
    Had "fishdish" stated that it was impossible to make a trailer in the cinematic editor I wouldn't have balked. But he didn't mention that at all, and simply said it was impossible to make a trailer -- which would imply any sort of trailer -- about custom settlements. I simply responded to what the lad said, because I couldn't have known he meant something other. Effective communication requires saying what you mean to say.

Anyhow, I assume that we'll eventually get to see these settlements for ourselves, and in my opinion the screenshots are more than sufficient preview in the meantime. That is, unless you call in the "DG" treatment.

MasterBigAb's Avatar Valar Morghulis
    Content Emeritus

^That Saves me the time to anwser this

A short little Hornburg video was already in production, you wouldn't have seen everything, just a little bit more like in the screenshots may be, but well it didn't work for some reasons and I/we have to wait until I/we will be able to make some movies with tem... (if at all)

Wígár's Avatar Tiro

Beautiful work on Imladris! Looks just like from the films!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterBigAb View Post
    ^That Saves me the time to anwser this

A short little Hornburg video was already in production, you wouldn't have seen everything, just a little bit more like in the screenshots may be, but well it didn't work for some reasons and I/we have to wait until I/we will be able to make some movies with tem... (if at all)
    Ah, so I'm guessing you wanted to recreate the great battle of Helm's Deep, as you once recreated the battle of Pelennor Fields, eh? That would certainly be a sight!

MasterBigAb's Avatar Valar Morghulis
    Content Emeritus

Yeah I Planed so...bt I wouldn't have shown you a full Battle of Helm's Deep more like a Trailer of it so it's a teaser ut well....may be it works later...

Really hate to mention this (from my point of view as I suspect it could be route off into another large diversion...) but thought we had established that you could load custom settlement in cine-ed (if it was named to overwrite a culture / settlement level and hence could be called from custom battle screen and therefore use the replay/save type facility?!?) Of course if the map terrain beyond the scope of the .worldterrain file is very different you wouldn't get the same effect as at it's campaign map location ... but are you guys still having problems getting new settlements to load in cine editor at all????

Quote Originally Posted by makanyane View Post
    Really hate to mention this (from my point of view as I suspect it could be route off into another large diversion...) but thought we had established that you could load custom settlement in cine-ed (if it was named to overwrite a culture / settlement level and hence could be called from custom battle screen and therefore use the replay/save type facility?!?) Of course if the map terrain beyond the scope of the .worldterrain file is very different you wouldn't get the same effect as at it's campaign map location ... but are you guys still having problems getting new settlements to load in cine editor at all????
    Aha, that´s good news to know! I must admit I never do anything with the cined, I am just repeating hearsay, and I believe it´s you my 'source' on that...

Quote Originally Posted by MasterBigAb View Post
    Yeah I Planed so...bt I wouldn't have shown you a full Battle of Helm's Deep more like a Trailer of it so it's a teaser ut well....may be it works later...
    Excellent Video Master Big AB

On a similar topic, are you able to edit strat maps yet in ETW?

R
    oOo

Rome 2 refugee ...

oOo