Thread: Guide: How to get the traits you are looking for

Default Guide: How to get the traits you are looking for

There is a lot of questions of how to upgrade your castles and cities floating around. It is not really THAT hard if you have the right man in charge of course.
    But, it takes a while to shape your characters into something capable so i hope this little guide will help you a bit.

As you probably found out, chivalry is not a guaranteed population boost, at least at higher level. I've noticed that traits decreasing squalor (which usually also increase population grow) and law are vital to go forward.

OK, as the thread title says, you will find here how the trait system works and how you can expand the characters abilities (both military inclination and governors).

There is a lot of text so if you look for certain stuff, better use the search engine implemented into browser you use.

It really works and the best way to get the traits fast is to do the same stuff (repeat the task) with selected characters and rotate them.

All details can be found here:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Credits to original poster

strife1013's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Guide: How to get the traits you are looking for

Thanks 4 the guide link, + rep

Stario's Avatar Domesticus

That guide is a bit outdated and way too generic. Better would be to go through the "export_descr_character_traits.txt" (again this will differ depending on mod), and write up/post a list with all the traits and next to each trait the triggers. That way we could just print out such list for reference as we play. I always wanted to do this myself but right now I am somewhat busy with my portrait mod.

What is the file that has details of the retainers?

export_descr_ancillaries.txt (data folder).