Thread: After Nobunaga - a Multiple Mod Project (Recruiting)

Default After Nobunaga - a Multiple Mod Project (Recruiting)

Hello all. I had an Idea last night and figured I would post this. I am think of doing a series mods that change the staring Era of Shogun to some years later after Oda Nobunaga's death. There would be 2-3 different mods I will list what they would be and how they would work.

Hideyoshi's Unification Part 1- After Nobunaga's Assassination by Akechi Mitsuhide, Toyotomi Hideyoshi realised that he could rise to power. That first step was to eliminate the Akechi.

This part of the mod would focus on Hideyoshi's War's against The Akechi and Shibata Katsuie.

Hideyoshi's Unification Part 2- After Hideyoshi had eliminated his main rivals. He was in control of as much land as his former leader Oda Nobunaga. Now he had new challenges in the form of the Tokugawa, Chosokabe, Shimazu , and Hojo Clans.

This part of the mod focus on Hideyoshi's Conquest of Japan

Tokugawa vs. Ishida- On Hideyoshi's death bed he appointed 5 PowerfulWarlords to govern Japan until his son Hideyori came of age. The Tokugawa , Mori , Maeda , Ukita , and Uesugi clans formed a very rocky Alliance that held up until Maeda Toshiie died in 1599. Afterward Ishida Mitsunari accused Tokugawa of being disloyal to the Toyotomi. This led to the confrontation know as Sekigahara.

This part of the mod will of course pit the Toyotomi Loyalists vs The Tokugawa.

Anybody who can mod is very welcome to join.

Thoughts and Opinions are welcome

Just to carify I can mod as well.

Members-

Spartan262- Start-Pos and PFM modding
    CoconutFred- Research and possibly promotion and 2D art
    Last edited by Spartan262; March 06, 2011 at 05:58 PM.

CoconutFred's Avatar Senator
    Your local ShopRite, at 5% off on Fridays.

Default Re: After Nobunaga Mods Project

I believe all that would be needed for now is a little reording of startpos.esf; this is very doable!

Yup, Thats why I decided to start this. It'll be startpos heavy but, like you said it's doable. But my first priority is releasing v0.1 of my Crimean War mod for NTW.

Dynamo11's Avatar Domesticus

Yep this one can most definitely be done. You'll need a startpos.esf expert though (although I am well aware there are quite a few around)

I can Start-Pos mod myself some but I'll have to do a little more reading on the topic. I will also make unit stat changes and maybe even some new units once PFM is updated.

CoconutFred's Avatar Senator
    Your local ShopRite, at 5% off on Fridays.

Default Re: After Nobunaga - a Multiple Mod Project (Recruiting)

I could do a little research and maybe some promotion, 2D art, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by CoconutFred View Post
    I could do a little research and maybe some promotion, 2D art, etc.
    Sure you can help. I considered maybe changing some of the art in the game.

Just wanted to say that this is still going to happen but it'll be a while before I seriously work on it, but modding tools haven't been released anyways. Still looking for new additions to the team.

Just wanted to bump this up to the top. Work hasan't started yet but hopefully within the next month or so. I need people to join if they are good with Start-Pos modding.

I'm totally agree with your idea. I posted exactly same idea before and nobody replied

Yes, I'm sick of playing one scenario, very early stage of Sengoku Jidai,
    so I can't even see someone famous. 1545 is even before Date Masamune or Ishida mitsunari born.
    In a few words, WE NEED, a more scenario.

and one more proposal...
    We can ban automatically generated general and add someone real, like Toyotomi hideyoshi.
    every single time, when I see automatically generated stupid names, such as tomareyoshi,
    I'm feeling embrassed. why we can't play fabulous real heroes?

also, I can help with Japanese history study. let me in.

Here's some example for scenario, not just for post-oda...

1567, Oda captures Kyoto.
    Numerous clans, such as Asakura, Rokkaku, Asai, Ikko Ikki, make anti-Oda Alliance.
    Ashikaga Yoshiaki, the Shogun, and Takeda shingen support them against Nobunaga in secret.

1572 Battle of Mikatagahara.
    Before onslaught of Takeda Shingen, Tokugawa Ieyasu has worst defeat in his entire life,
    and Oda could do nothing but defense. Beside, no one knows Shingen's death is near.

1582, Incident at Honno-ji. Oda Nobunaga killed by Akechi Mitsuhide, one of his general.
    Oda split into 3.

Akechi Mitsuhide, betrayer, now he must defend himself against Nobunaga's most loyal generals,
    long for their righteous vengeance.
    Toyotomi Hideyoshi, his most clever general, was in middle of Anti-Mori campaign,
    stuck between Akechi and Mori. but there is chance of Peace treaty with Mori...
    Shibata Katsuie, his most brave general. He will never accept lower-classed man like Hideyoshi being Daimyo and succeeding Nobunaga.

1600, Battle of Sekigahara
    by Concept of Realm divide, You can choose either Ishida, or Tokugawa, and join their final battle.
    Uesugi, Mori, Shimazu, Chosokabe - Mitsunari
    Date, Tokugawa - Ieyasu

well, what you think?
    and obviously, I think we need more clans if you looking for some reality.
    such as Asakura, one of most cunning enemy of Oda. they don't even exist.
    Echizen should be their land, not Ikko-ikki.
    Last edited by lament9582; April 22, 2011 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lament9582 View Post
    also, I can help with Japanese history study. let me in.

Here's some example for scenario, not just for post-oda...

1567, Oda captures Kyoto.
    Numerous clans, such as Asakura, Rokkaku, Asai, Ikko Ikki, make anti-Oda Alliance.
    Ashikaga Yoshiaki, the Shogun, and Takeda shingen support them against Nobunaga in secret.

1572 Battle of Mikatagahara.
    Before onslaught of Takeda Shingen, Tokugawa Ieyasu has worst defeat in his entire life,
    and Oda could do nothing but defense. Beside, no one knows Shingen's death is near.

1582, Incident at Honno-ji. Oda Nobunaga killed by Akechi Mitsuhide, one of his general.
    Oda split into 3.

Akechi Mitsuhide, betrayer, now he must defend himself against Nobunaga's most loyal generals,
    long for their righteous vengeance.
    Toyotomi Hideyoshi, his most clever general, was in middle of Anti-Mori campaign,
    stuck between Akechi and Mori. but there is chance of Peace treaty with Mori...
    Shibata Katsuie, his most brave general. He will never accept lower-classed man like Hideyoshi being Daimyo and succeeding Nobunaga.

1600, Battle of Sekigahara
    by Concept of Realm divide, You can choose either Ishida, or Tokugawa, and join their final battle.
    Uesugi, Mori, Shimazu, Chosokabe - Mitsunari
    Date, Tokugawa - Ieyasu

well, what you think?
    and obviously, I think we need more clans if you looking for some reality.
    such as Asakura, one of most cunning enemy of Oda. they don't even exist.
    Echizen should be their land, not Ikko-ikki.