Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: (request) The Yankies are Comin

Default (request) The Yankies are Comin

Hey i was just wondering if anyone would be interestedin makeing a mod with a little what if scenario mod where the yanks got a little agressive with the japs which ended up in war.

1st thing 1st Its a what-if scenario so doesnt really need to be realistic and going with that the shogun doesnt have to be united they could of split up into seperate clan's again with different aproaches for the invaders, e.g. 1 clan says bugger of and goes to war another thinks 'well they got some top weapons we could use' and starts trading and another goes perfect chance to get some revenge againced another clan.

it's just an idea that i thought would be interesting

Default Re: (request) The Yankies are Comin

i see what you mean like make a mod where there's a small american faction on one small region mabye awa and they have gunpowder units, could it be possible to port bayonets to shogun 2 and add them???

exactly kinda like what there thinking of doing with the portugal faction

man_utdmasta's Avatar Libertus

Considering Shogun 2 is set in Feudal Japan, so around 1500, and 'America' wasn't even colonised properly until the 17th century, even then it was the British Thirteen Colonies, so your looking at the late 18th century for any sort of 'United States'. Wouldn't very historically accurate.

'Now I am become Death, the Distroyer of worlds' - Robert J. Oppenheimer

Dynamo11's Avatar Domesticus

Yeah not historically accurate at all, bare in mine it is set in 1542.... think where other European coutnries were at that time (Spain, England, HRE)

CoconutFred's Avatar Senator
    Your local ShopRite, at 5% off on Fridays.

Guys, I think he wants a little alternate history with Commodore Perry's landing in 1853...

You know, the whole gunships threatening Edo kind of thing.

KozCDVI's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by CoconutFred View Post
    Guys, I think he wants a little alternate history with Commodore Perry's landing in 1853...

I think there should definitely at some point be a Last Samurai mod; with the characters and storyline/historical battle/wars taking part, including the foreign influence.

“My mother taught me never to throw stones at cripples. My father taught me to aim for their heads.”
    - Ramsay Snow

Quote Originally Posted by CoconutFred View Post

Right well then we just simply need to change the Portugese flag to US, import models from NTW for both men, horses, cannon, ships. Add a whole new government system ....

Honestly this mod is a VERY big project, they are NO European units in the Shogun 2 files and we cannot import any models from NTW (different bones etc.)
    Last edited by Dynamo11; March 06, 2011 at 07:13 AM.

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo11 View Post
    Honestly this mod is a VERY big project, they are NO European units in the Shogun 2 files and it is unknown wether we can easily import any models from NTW (different bones etc.)

It is known. You cant.

Quote Originally Posted by 'The Hedge Knight View Post
    It is known. You cant.
    Well that's about as good as being unknown!

I think this is something that really few people want. I think earlier eras in Japan are more interesting than a mod with the US. But why not a mod with the prussians in japan too? They were there also with some ships I think both variants would be just for a minority.

Proud to be a real Prussian.

Lord Dakier's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Yes what if... what if the US blew up, what if 99% of US population didn't want history that they was not part of based on them... let's work on that scenario.
    We Came, We Saw, We Ran Away!

A Boshin War mod sounds much more viable. It is nearly a mini-Sengoku Jidai. Only difference was scale & some technologies like repeating rifles & steam-powered ships. Gunpowder units & artillery is already in Shogun 2. I do wonder if CA seriously might consider doing an expansion on that, other than the more probable Imjin War.

Wait. Never mind. I just saw jo the greek's Meiji Restoration proposal...

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dakier View Post
    Yes what if... what if the US blew up, what if 99% of US population didn't want history that they was not part of based on them... let's work on that scenario.
    why do so many people hate the U.S. what did w ever do to you, just yesterday i met someone from britain saying we were all fat and ate hamburgers which is not true i am really fit, and Yankee's are only the guys in New England, im from the Dixie Land, so one more thing to this mod idea, GET'ER DONE!!!!

Ha you be right. Specially Europeans think so about the americans. But the most americans think about the germans that they all have leather cloaths ect. That are just a few bavarians and the specially the people of the nordhalf of germany don`t like them.

The best was an interview of i believe Kanye West in Germany. Which germans you know was the question: Rammstein and Hitler. Lol

Proud to be a real Prussian.

i never thought germans wore leather though

*shrug* You'll find ignorant ass holes in any country, there are just as many in Europe as there are in America.
    If yer going to leave some rep be sure to leave your name so I can return the favor
    "I am Andrew Ryan, and I'm here to ask you a question; Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? No! Says the man in Washington, it belongs to the poor. No! Says the man in the Vatican, It belongs to God. No! Says the Man in Moscow, It belongs to everyone. I rejected those answers, instead I choose something different... I chose the impossible... I choose.... Rapture. A city where the artist would not fear the censor, where the scientist would not be bound by petty moralities, where the great would not be constrained by the small. And with the sweat of your brow, Rapture can become your city as well..."
    "A MAN CHOOSES! A SLAVE OBEYS!"
    -Andrew Ryan

Guys take this to the Political mudpit

Nothing really to take to the mudpits XD Unless you want to start a thread about why some Europeans hate America. And thats just asking fer trouble.
    If yer going to leave some rep be sure to leave your name so I can return the favor
    "I am Andrew Ryan, and I'm here to ask you a question; Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? No! Says the man in Washington, it belongs to the poor. No! Says the man in the Vatican, It belongs to God. No! Says the Man in Moscow, It belongs to everyone. I rejected those answers, instead I choose something different... I chose the impossible... I choose.... Rapture. A city where the artist would not fear the censor, where the scientist would not be bound by petty moralities, where the great would not be constrained by the small. And with the sweat of your brow, Rapture can become your city as well..."
    "A MAN CHOOSES! A SLAVE OBEYS!"
    -Andrew Ryan

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast