Page 6 of 93 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415163156 ... LastLast

Thread: North & South - The American Civil War [1861-1865] [RELEASED]

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

Default Re: North & South - The American Civil War [1861-1865]

Looks fantastic so far guys . Looking forward to that converter, should be beautiful.

Does look a tad high poly now perhaps though?

Primergy's Avatar Protector of the Union

Quote Originally Posted by panzerschreck View Post
    Your model is getting better and better!
    How many different faces will there be in a same unit? How many different models or uniforms in a same unit?
    Hard to tell, since the variation is random .. but i plan to have atleast 4 different shell jackets, 3 types of trousers, 2 types of shoulder belts etc.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hedge Knight View Post
    Looks fantastic so far guys . Looking forward to that converter, should be beautiful.

Does look a tad high poly now perhaps though?
    2600 Polys so far, but it will be optimized further.

Artifex

Well i know in shogun II at least (have not tested nappy latelly) i have been able to squeeze 12 parts into oe variant slot and around 7 in the rest giving 3.8 million total combinations possible. All loads fine.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Count the crests .

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Quote Originally Posted by Hinkel View Post
    Well, when you follow our ETW forum, we are working on version 3.0 and this mod..
    That's what I meant, I hoped this mod wouldn't hinder your progress on 3.0.

Also will we by chance see those models in the Blue and Grey?

Quote Originally Posted by The Hedge Knight View Post
    Well i know in shogun II at least (have not tested nappy latelly) i have been able to squeeze 12 parts into oe variant slot and around 7 in the rest giving 3.8 million total combinations possible. All loads fine.

Count the crests .
    Hehe, i think that 3.8 million combinations are more then enough . So 19 entries are the maximum or?

Quote Originally Posted by ♔EmperorBatman999♔ View Post
    That's what I meant, I hoped this mod wouldn't hinder your progress on 3.0.

Also will we by chance see those models in the Blue and Grey?
    Nope, i'm optimzing them especially for the model format of NTW and refitting them for ETW, while possible, eats up to much time :/.

Besides that, i need a "draft horse" for this version

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Quote Originally Posted by Primergy View Post
    Hehe, i think that 3.8 million combinations are more then enough . So 19 entries are the maximum or?

Nope, i'm optimzing them especially for the model format of NTW and refitting them for ETW, while possible, eats up to much time :/.

Besides that, i need a "draft horse" for this version
    I should tell you this, though, that isn't the way NTW models work. The models in ETW aren't complete new models, but instead like lego pieces. So a soldier is made up of models, not a full model in itself like ETW. So if you're soing models in the style of NTW, just do individual parts, not the full model.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔EmperorBatman999♔ View Post
    I should tell you this, though, that isn't the way NTW models work. The models in ETW aren't complete new models, but instead like lego pieces. So a soldier is made up of models, not a full model in itself like ETW. So if you're soing models in the style of NTW, just do individual parts, not the full model.
    If the model has been grouped somewhat sensibly (arms, legs, torsos, heads etc) than it's not much work to delete all other groups and save the individual piece as a variant part.
    My Tools, Tutorials and Resources

Was running out of space, so see the full list here!

Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.- Josh Billings
    The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.- George Orwell

Well, i know how both model types are working and atm i'm doing indivdual parts... i'm just show them as one model, since simply a hat would be boring, or?

I recieved constructive critism on the chevrons that they were too small.... so enlarged them, hope they are fine now .

Default Idea to Hinkel about- The American Civil War [1861-1865]

U should sell this to the actual ETW developers. Cause U know, i downloaded this mod and it only worked half the time plus it screwed up empire. I wish there was a way to make it an expansion pack than a mod. That way, u could play both without any hassle. Like the Warpath Campaign. I can see it now-- The Civil War Campaign or Expansion, whatever. If u did that, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Please take this into consideration, i loved your game, i just don't want to put my computer at risk again and i want to be able to have options. THANK YOU, and please think about it

Hinkel's Avatar Commander in Chief

Default Re: Idea to Hinkel about- The American Civil War [1861-1865]

Quote Originally Posted by Sword of Achilles View Post
    U should sell this to the actual ETW developers. Cause U know, i downloaded this mod and it only worked half the time plus it screwed up empire. I wish there was a way to make it an expansion pack than a mod. That way, u could play both without any hassle. Like the Warpath Campaign. I can see it now-- The Civil War Campaign or Expansion, whatever. If u did that, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Please take this into consideration, i loved your game, i just don't want to put my computer at risk again and i want to be able to have options. THANK YOU, and please think about it
    That you for your opinion, but I'm quite straight now:
    This is rubbish.. actualy the ETW developers know about our mod, but there won't be any new expansion or more help with tools.
    When a mod screwed up your empire, then it is your fault. You have to be aware of knowing how to delete mod files, like the user.empire_script of empire. This single script file is the only file, which need to be deleted. Our mod uses an own mod folder, which can't make any trouble.
    So if you don't know, how mods in ETW are working, try to inform you before you install something...
    --------------------------- The American Civil War for Total War ------------------------------

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sword of Achilles View Post
    In defence of the Civil War team there mods work 100% with no problems, this is a user error and no point blaming them on your issues, sorry thats the way it is!
    There is an old saying "Bad workmen always blames there tools"

Quote Originally Posted by Hinkel View Post
    That you for your opinion, but I'm quite straight now:
    This is rubbish.. actualy the ETW developers know about our mod, but there won't be any new expansion or more help with tools.
    When a mod screwed up your empire, then it is your fault. You have to be aware of knowing how to delete mod files, like the user.empire_script of empire. This single script file is the only file, which need to be deleted. Our mod uses an own mod folder, which can't make any trouble.
    So if you don't know, how mods in ETW are working, try to inform you before you install something...
    THANK YOU for responding, I didn't think anyone would. Second, ur right, I should've informed myself. But non the less, I loved ur mod and everything about it. It was so amazing and fun, kudos to you. Thirdly, I was unaware of ur previous relations with the ETW developers, I simply thought it would be a cool idea that would be mutually beneficial. I would also like to inform you that the ETW website is allowing mod developers to submit their mods, so yeah, thought u would like to know. Thank you for responding again. I would also like to know. will mod v3 completely overwrite ETW, or will it be a side-by-side deal? Thanks for letting me know, if possible

Some impressions of the Map i'm working on besides Models and the Code... still Wip and still a lot missing and don't wonder, the alpha maps on the Snake Fences aren't finished yet.

"A peacefully morning"

Last edited by Primergy; July 04, 2011 at 01:07 PM.

Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Primergy View Post
    Some impressions of the Map i'm working on besides Models and the Code... still Wip and still a lot missing and don't wonder, the alpha maps on the Snake Fences aren't finished yet.

"A peacefully morning"

You really are quite amazing Primergy .

'Gunny's Avatar Überrock über alles
    Content Emeritus

awesomesauce

Wow! Lookin' wonderful.

Wess_Hudson's Avatar Civis

WOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

OMG, just amazing!!!!!!

WANT TO EDIT A TRAILER!!!! WANT TO EDIT A TRAILER!!!!!!!

Beorix's Avatar Tiro

hello, good luck in finishing this nice mod.
    However , did the release of the "modding tools" some days ago by CA, help you much ,or not ?

@Gunny/Hegde

Thank you very much, higly appreciated

However , did the release of the "modding tools" some days ago by CA, help you much ,or not ?
    It helped a lot, since the projectiles and kv_rules/morale tables are now completly explained .

WANT TO EDIT A TRAILER!!!! WANT TO EDIT A TRAILER!!!!!!!
    Don't worry, you'll get a alpha version as soon as i implemented a basic confederate unit and added some more custom statics to the map .
    Last edited by Primergy; July 23, 2011 at 04:51 PM.