Page 89 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3964798081828384858687888990919293 LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,780 of 1851

Thread: North & South - The American Civil War [1861-1865] [RELEASED]

Default Re: North & South - The American Civil War [1861-1865] [RELEASED]

Quote Originally Posted by Slyk View Post
    A FREE copy of the mod to whoever can fix this #*R%&#@)!!!! I am at my end over fixing this damn thing.... sash issue is pretty much the LAST thing in the way of release........ speak up and I will send you the .dds OR if one of you guys who have the latest test file can fix it, get it done!
    Srsly.
    [signature]

Biarchus

Warmonger or Roast, Warmonger or Roast. What's it's gonna be. Denniz likes Warmonger, I like Roast. I'm getting confused now!

Have at it... fix the transparency and you're a "Winner"........ http://www.mediafire.com/download/4b...cw_diffuse.dds
    ACW 2.6 - American Civil War Released:

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...ar-June-2-2019

Primergy's Avatar Protector of the Union

Slyk,

try to color the white area around the thing in a similar red-tone as the color of the object. Similar to this:

http://www.directupload.net/file/d/3...rrbhgy_jpg.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Primergy View Post
    Slyk,

try to color the white area around the thing in a similar red-tone as the color of the object. Similar to this:

http://www.directupload.net/file/d/3...rrbhgy_jpg.htm
    Well, making it black on the texture layer kind of worked, looks much better. Red didn't work so making everything black and calling it "Done" on this issue Thanks for the idea!!!

Default Re: North & South - The American Civil War [1861-1865]

Hi, I am new to this PC gaming and i really want to play ACW Mod, I have Napoleon Total War, I downloaded from the link but steps 5 and 6 I can't do as i don't have the files.. Any help would be great... Thanks..

Quote Originally Posted by bcfcsavag33 View Post
    Hi, I am new to this PC gaming and i really want to play ACW Mod, I have Napoleon Total War, I downloaded from the link but steps 5 and 6 I can't do as i don't have the files.. Any help would be great... Thanks..
    You can get older beta version files in the link below my signature.... the full release should be soon. Nearly done cleaning up stuff on my end.

Quote Originally Posted by Slyk View Post
    You can get older beta version files in the link below my signature.... the full release should be soon. Nearly done cleaning up stuff on my end.
    Not to be one of those pests who is constantly nagging about a release, but the suspense is killing me! I feel like I've been in "any-day-know" mode for this mod for at least a year! At any rate, I'm sure it will be worth the wait. I'm just a Civil War buff looking for any and every outlet he can find to scratch his real-time Civil War combat itch.

Just came back from my 2 weeks holiday, hoped the update is out already. Its not. Im sad.
    Looking for some nice multiplayer matches anyway! Epic 4on4 anyone?

Happy 152nd Antietam Anniversary!!! For the next 2 minutes anyway. Was hoping to organize a game but it didn't come together.
    Anyways. Hope to see the new release sometime soon! Also, i'm always looking to play MP so message me on steam: Ecompany101

It got very quiet over here. How is the work going, guys?

IVSTINIANVS I's Avatar Miles

Why do cannons die while attempting to cross a bridge!!??? Thats very aggravating. It makes playing the Antietam map historically as the south impossible as you cant cross the bridge to get to the other side of the river!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nugiman View Post
    It got very quiet over here. How is the work going, guys?
    Yeah, it seemed we were so close to an announcement, then all went quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by IVSTINIANVS I View Post
    Why do cannons die while attempting to cross a bridge!!??? Thats very aggravating. It makes playing the Antietam map historically as the south impossible as you cant cross the bridge to get to the other side of the river!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It's pretty classic NTW (and perhaps ETW?) bug and the only real way to deal with it is to make sure the arty unit is in very neat single column and very carefully walk them across the bridge w/o running. If that still doesn't help after some practice it could be oversight from the mapper as well.

Quote Originally Posted by GoodManBadSerf View Post
    Yeah, it seemed we were so close to an announcement, then all went quiet.
    Yeah, last post by Slyk is approaching one month old. Not to spread fear, but something has gone terribly wrong >:3
    [signature]

Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by WAR monger View Post
    Yeah, last post by Slyk is approaching one month old. Not to spread fear, but something has gone terribly wrong >:3
    Thanks alot Roast(I refuse to call u warmonger). Thanks for squashing our hopes and drowning our desires for this mod. Your a real uplifting voice! Well at least Denniz is still working very hard on N&S 2 , if he doesn't sprain his ankle again on the way to sitting on the couch to watch General Hospital.

Quote Originally Posted by WAR monger View Post
    And hey, I get it. Life happens, as they say. It's not that I think that Slyk owes us anything, but being that we've been waiting with great anticipation for quite some time now, if something has gone wrong, or if the project was scrapped, it would be kind of nice to know what's up. At any rate, still holding out hope.

Hinkel's Avatar Commander in Chief

As far as I know, Slyk has some real-life trouble atm.
    I own the current version myself, we did some MP battles with it and I changed some uniforms. So if Slyk is not able to present the new beta in a while, I could release my version.
    --------------------------- The American Civil War for Total War ------------------------------

Bah! Life. Guys. Life. Distractions and such. Technical issues: Freaking gloss maps. Several uniforms have gone to suddenly. So as I can find time, I am trying for figure them out.

And....NO... Hinklel, please don't release anything.... ;p I'm sending you a link to the new vm2 file, perhaps you can see what is up with the Union Sack coats and the Highlander pants??? A couple other issues as well but not as ugly... CSA offices have odd normal maps now as well, so slowly have to go through all the atlas files and check their configs. Check your PMs for the link which should be there shortly.

I am honestly down to just getting some of the graphical/uniforms/gloss/normal map stuff correct. Then it's ready. I can't send out something with glaring visual bugs like these.
    Last edited by Slyk; October 09, 2014 at 07:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjarr View Post
    It's pretty classic NTW (and perhaps ETW?) bug and the only real way to deal with it is to make sure the arty unit is in very neat single column and very carefully walk them across the bridge w/o running. If that still doesn't help after some practice it could be oversight from the mapper as well.
    For the "Burnside Bridge" and "Manassas" scenarios there are no bridges, only raised terrain with rock walls. Arty and infantry generally get over well enough if not a little slow, which I think is fine. The bridge models are a pain in the a** to get any function from when placing in the ridiculous manner we have to with this game.