Page 90 of 93 FirstFirst ... 40658081828384858687888990919293 LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,800 of 1851

Thread: North & South - The American Civil War [1861-1865] [RELEASED]

Default Re: North & South - The American Civil War [1861-1865] [RELEASED]

Good to hear you're back, Slyk! We are waiting curious, but patiently for the new version
    Looking forward to it!

Can't say my assumption was far off...
    [signature]

Quote Originally Posted by WAR monger View Post
    Your assumption was actually rather far off. "...something has gone horribly wrong.." is not it at all. I want to fix minor visual issues that have zero effect on the mod, battles, maps, etc. Rather than release it with these visual bugs and be ripped apart by too-lazy-to-mod-"experts" afterward is not all that interesting. And honestly, I have had far more important things to deal with in the past several weeks than worry about releasing this mod. It is far more than most of you have any idea of. A few guys here know how much time and how many hours go into a project this big. It is quite easily 1,000 hours over the last 2+ years from figuring out how to make the maps, then producing them...11 of them... to learning the data structure, research, building the scenarios, testing, tweaking, and on and on with little developer support and only community tools that sometimes work.

So, yeah, things have gone "horribly wrong" a couple times over development but why I've sat on the mod is my choice and not up to anyone else to decide. I could wipe the entire thing right now and that would be the end of it. Rather, I'm looking for a couple people to give me some feedback on minor gloss/normal map and atlas issues to see if I can fix tiny little annoyances so I don't have to listen to blathering idiots tell me how I don't know what the &*$! I'm doing.
    ACW 2.6 - American Civil War Released:

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...ar-June-2-2019

Quote Originally Posted by Slyk View Post
    Your assumption was actually rather far off. "...something has gone horribly wrong.." is not it at all. I want to fix minor visual issues that have zero effect on the mod, battles, maps, etc. Rather than release it with these visual bugs and be ripped apart by too-lazy-to-mod-"experts" afterward is not all that interesting. And honestly, I have had far more important things to deal with in the past several weeks than worry about releasing this mod. It is far more than most of you have any idea of. A few guys here know how much time and how many hours go into a project this big. It is quite easily 1,000 hours over the last 2+ years from figuring out how to make the maps, then producing them...11 of them... to learning the data structure, research, building the scenarios, testing, tweaking, and on and on with little developer support and only community tools that sometimes work.

So, yeah, things have gone "horribly wrong" a couple times over development but why I've sat on the mod is my choice and not up to anyone else to decide. I could wipe the entire thing right now and that would be the end of it. Rather, I'm looking for a couple people to give me some feedback on minor gloss/normal map and atlas issues to see if I can fix tiny little annoyances so I don't have to listen to blathering idiots tell me how I don't know what the &*$! I'm doing.
    Woah man, just take it easy there. I thought we were all joking here; what's with the essay?

Why don't you point the pitchfork at the people actually pestering you for release rather than someone who knows how the hell modding works.
    Last edited by WAR monger; October 10, 2014 at 11:23 AM.
    [signature]

Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by WAR monger View Post
    LMAO! You know the saying "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned " Boy, you stirred up a hornet's nest! " Never bust a modder's balls." From now on Roast you just wait for the new release and take your BEATING from myself and Nugiman like a man!

Quote Originally Posted by ztrain909 View Post
    LMAO! You know the saying "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned " Boy, you stirred up a hornet's nest! " Never bust a modder's balls." From now on Roast you just wait for the new release and take your BEATING from myself and Nugiman like a man!
    Good one xD
    We gotta beat somones ass up again soon!

Trying to fix my internet connection I can join everyone...
    Get ready for the next match!

EDIT: Good news! Just fixed my router problems. I tried it out with Roast and it works fine now! I can join everyone now
    We dont have to desperately find a player that works with me now
    Last edited by Nugiman; October 11, 2014 at 11:50 AM.

Here is what I'm fighting with.... note the shadows on the Highlander pants and then craptastic shadows and blackened collar on the sack coat for the regular infantry... Thoughts? Any ideas are appreciated. I'll continue to hack at the gloss file/atlas.

As for 'scorned' modders... yes, been at this for a long long time, way back to Medal of Honor, Call of Duty, and Red Orchestra. I led major map and vehicle projects that actually paid out $$$ and hardware from the Devs over the years and I was on the initial "RO-Rising Storm" team but had to leave to attend to personal matters. I've been lucky to work with great community people on all those games. Internet forums often lack context to posts from all people involved and my initial reaction is to call "" if/when I think I see it and when there is lack of 'j/k' context.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2014-10-09_00001.jpg   2014-10-09_00002.jpg  

thank you for your work, Slyk, I beg your perdon for my question; maybe you already answered to it but i did not find it, so i ask it here:

i own the "steam" version game; is it possible to have two versions on NTW on the same pc ?in other words, i would like, just on my pc, to have two different versions of NTW; one "North & South" and the second "vanilla", so i can play one or the other (even on online multiplayer) without disinstall one and install the other every time ...

because the two version will need my "steam" to work, there should not be any problem related to "copyright" ...

please let me know

thank you

I suppose you can two Steam installs if you wanted, just different directories or better yet, hard drive locations. The mod is 11 .pack files which you can easily copy/paste in and out of the /data folder. The previous version had an installer but I have no time nor knowledge how to modify it to release with this version so you will have to download multiple files and place them in the NTW/data directory. Also, there will be a user.script file to load the pack files. Really a simple process. The multiple Steam installs would be your issue...not sure it's impossible but not really thinking you "need" multiple installs.

Rithal's Avatar Foederatus

Slyk, I'm not sure I'm seeing what you are talking about. If you mean one side of the coat/pants being darker, I see it but I personally don't see it as a big issue. If this is all you have left (You might have more to do, idk) then I say release it but of course it's your call

Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by seamount View Post
    thank you for your work, Slyk, I beg your perdon for my question; maybe you already answered to it but i did not find it, so i ask it here:

i own the "steam" version game; is it possible to have two versions on NTW on the same pc ?in other words, i would like, just on my pc, to have two different versions of NTW; one "North & South" and the second "vanilla", so i can play one or the other (even on online multiplayer) without disinstall one and install the other every time ...

because the two version will need my "steam" to work, there should not be any problem related to "copyright" ...

please let me know

thank you
    Seamount, yes it is possible because that's exactly what I do. I have 2 versions of NTW. 1 for NTW3 and 1 for North & South. I created 2 folders in My Documents, 1 called NTW3, 1 called N&S. Open up both folders in separate windows. Copy and paste your 2 NTW vanilla folders( the main folder in C drive programfiles/steam/steamapps/common/ntw and your user folder users/compname/appdata/roaming/creative assembly/napoleon). Once you copied and pasted the vanilla. then install N&S into the main C drive. Now u have both vanilla in my documents and N&S in C drive. When u want to play vanilla just drag and drop both folders of N&S into the folder called N&S u created in my documents then drag and drop the 2 folders in vanilla my documents folder into the 2 C drive paths. This is how I am able to play 2 different mods without having to mess with the user script and possible corrupt a mod. Its all just dragging and dropping, pretty simple.

@Slyk. In all fairness to Roast, he is just messing around. He was just trying to bring what people call "levity" to the situation. We are all anxious, especially when we have been getting alot of tech problems with the old version. Does a person really have to put smiley faces and all kinds insignias in his writing to let sum1 know they r kidding. Just take a chill pill, relax, take your time with mod release it when your satisfied and stop taking stuff so personal. All of this crap plays second fiddle to our "real" lives anyways. Thanks for your efforts and take your time but "hurry the F'ck up!" ooops JK.

Word with Rithal.
    Wouldn't bother with such small graphical issues. In the heat of the battle you won't ever notice!
    Release the mod when you are satisfied, but we won't judge you if it won't be as 'perfect' as you want it to be.
    Keep on the good work! Everyone's going to be nuts when its out

do it in patches. a patch within a patch. the only glitch i have is that cavalry have no swords.

Cav are not getting swords in the scenarios and their charge bonus is zero... actually, removed horses, I think...need to look again...no charges at Gettysburg

UPLOADING FILES 10/20/2014...... All but the one variant models file... but you will have a release by 10/25/2014.

Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Slyk View Post
    UPLOADING FILES 10/20/2014...... All but the one variant models file... but you will have a release by 10/25/2014.

Slyk, I think I'm in love with you!

cant believe what i just read. OMG its on its way!! thx slyk

a very big thank you to you

WalterSobchak71's Avatar Laetus

Thanks for all the hard work to everyone involved in this project.

Biarchus

Slyk, will there be any "new" install instructions, or will it just be an overwrite of existing files?