Thread: Faction Suggestions

Default Faction Suggestions

First of all I want to thank you for a damn good mod, one of my favourites and because of that I want to tell you and others which new factions I want to see in the next versions of the mod.
    Most of them have many suggested but who cares?
    Are you ready? here they come: Indians, Mexico, Britain, France, Spain, Texas and the USA during the Mexican-American War. But maybe it's better if someone created an other mod for that which have this factions between 1800 to 1861 (the start of the civil war). I don't know.
    But I really want to play this factions during the 19th century.

Ryou's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Faction Suggestions

I would also like to praise you guys. I have about 20 mods for Medieval and Secession, a BETA version, is third place out of all those mods! With a campaign it'll probably be first place.
    Anyways I definatly agree with the factions listed by RulerOfThe World. Since I'm learning about Manifest destiny in school right now I'll give a few suggestions. We should have the 5 civilized tribes, as 5 different factions but allied toggether in the beginning. The British should have a prescence in Canada, while SPan should have Cuba and the surrounding Islands. I'll think of more as it goes on.

Please leave your name when you rep me!
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=554497
    My little English Civil War Novel;
    For King and Country

Definitely have the native Americans, the Lakota attacks on the Confederacy owned forts in the west lead them to send off troops to different frontiers and the added threat of European powers taking advantage of the rift in the States would add an extra edge of challenge to this brilliant mod
    A simple arrow can slay any man, no matter how great.

Lakota and Apaches would be fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by RulerOfTheWorld View Post
    First of all I want to thank you for a damn good mod, one of my favourites and because of that I want to tell you and others which new factions I want to see in the next versions of the mod.
    Most of them have many suggested but who cares?
    Are you ready? here they come: Indians, Mexico, Britain, France, Spain, Texas and the USA during the Mexican-American War. But maybe it's better if someone created an other mod for that which have this factions between 1800 to 1861 (the start of the civil war). I don't know.
    But I really want to play this factions during the 19th century.
    You are lopping all native factions into one? even though some even of the same Tribe fought on different sides? The Cherokee, split into north allies and south allies, they were split even before the civil war started, and in fact, this split and inter-tribal war was one of the causes that lead directly to the civil war for the US. The north were made up of cherokee who came from the Trail of Tears under Cheif John Ross, and the south made up of cherokee who betrayed the other cherokee and sold land they did not have the right to sell to the US and left voluntarily, under Strand Watie. They fought a civil war for years after the tear survivors arrived, who blamed the others for the slaughter of 1/4 their population due to their treachery.

You could have france based from their surviving american colonies in the carribean and south america. Britain could be based in canada and the carribean. Spain would still have cuba. Texas was not independent at the time of the civil war.

Mexico might be 3 factions, the civil waring liberal mexicans and conservative mexicans, and the french invasion that created the mexican empire under a french appointed emperor backed by french troops.
    Last edited by Cincinatus; September 12, 2011 at 05:03 PM.
    "It is worth while for those who disdain all human things for money, and who suppose that there is no room either for great honor or virtue, except where wealth is found, to listen to his story."
    - Livy 3.26