Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: New Settlements Preview

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: New Settlements Preview

I really liked the preview. Just a suggestion. One thing that always annoyed me is that the epic vanilla walls in DolGuldur looks weird with the new models mixed in it. I always thought that a large stone wall would look better.

Quote Originally Posted by paradamed View Post
    I really liked the preview. Just a suggestion. One thing that always annoyed me is that the epic vanilla walls in DolGuldur looks weird with the new models mixed in it. I always thought that a large stone wall would look better.
    If you meant Dol Guldur, well I did not yet posted anything about that settlement.
    If you wanted to say Minas Morgul, that wall-mixing is a forced choice. Either I'll go for a new model with the two orders of walls separated or we will test and find the better vanilla wall to mix with the green ones. Actually, I do not mod the vanilla walls, but I know wlesmana worked on that field, he probably can tell you more.

Edoras 3.0 WIP

Quote Originally Posted by Seth Krn3ll View Post
    If you meant Dol Guldur, well I did not yet posted anything about that settlement.
    If you wanted to say Minas Morgul, that wall-mixing is a forced choice. Either I'll go for a new model with the two orders of walls separated or we will test and find the better vanilla wall to mix with the green ones. Actually, I do not mod the vanilla walls, but I know wlesmana worked on that field, he probably can tell you more.
    Sorry my friend I meant Minas Morgul, my bad. I think the towers of the vanilla walls look weird mixed with your model. Maybe large stone walls would look better cause they have different towers. Edoras looks geat! Will we need to reach Meduseld Halls in order to conquer the settlement?

wlesmana's Avatar ILIKE2MOVEITMOVEIT

The vanilla walls will be replaced so no worries there.

Quote Originally Posted by wlesmana View Post
    The vanilla walls will be replaced so no worries there.
    yay good news

Quote Originally Posted by paradamed View Post
    Sorry my friend I meant Minas Morgul, my bad. I think the towers of the vanilla walls look weird mixed with your model. Maybe large stone walls would look better cause they have different towers. Edoras looks geat! Will we need to reach Meduseld Halls in order to conquer the settlement?
    Yes, the target area is set right ahead of the Meduseld palace.
    Anyway, some new models are still in development and some in beta testing, there are lots of issues with AI, formations, deployment, pathfinding to deal with. Many changes may be in order before they can correctly work ingame.

Looking good! you'll put some houses surrounding the hill right?
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

I have some suggestions. In the custom settlements like orc settlements for example there were lost of empty space but even though there were empty spaces the units couldnt occupy these spaces and still had to walk only in the streets. Is there any way to allow units to walk on the empty spaces in teh orcs settlements?

Are there going to be more buildings occupying these cities? Like regular houses and the strategy map buildings.

Yes, there will be many other buildings around.

I have some suggestions. In the custom settlements like orc settlements for example there were lost of empty space but even though there were empty spaces the units couldnt occupy these spaces and still had to walk only in the streets. Is there any way to allow units to walk on the empty spaces in teh orcs settlements?
    First thing, the units in the game moves around the settlements how the collision files and the pathfinding files let them. What you noticed in those orc settlements was because in the first version of the models, the one currently used in the game, I often took the original collison-pathfinding files even if i removed most of the vanilla buildings. That's why there were empty areas where soldiers couldn't step.

Again, there are (and will be) two kind of settlements around the campaign map: "standard" ones and "unique" ones. The Unique ones, like Minas Tirith, Gorgoroth, Minas morgul, Helms Deep, Moria, Rivendell and many others, have their own unique collision and pathfindings.
    The standard ones will, in the upcoming version, have their own collision and pathfindings too.

That does not mean soldiers will be able to go anywhere but just where we will test them to move in a game-functional way. Most problems on that field comes from the AI, which does not take all the chances a human player would, so we must "instruct" the AI to behave at his best, even if that may cut some strategical chances for human players. Like most things there, we must follow a gain/cost balance.

you guys need to put some little mines or something in the dwarv cities . I hate just seeing like 1 or 2 buildings. Can't wait for the next patch, and add lots of houses

I think the main objective now is to get the plan/layout of the cities. Once working, I guess it will be easier to add more ambient buildings, though I'm not the expert here.

Thanks, really thank you!

for ruining my social life with this awesome mod that will get an even more awesom new patch
    History repeats itself, first as tragedy, second as farce.
    Karl Marx

I repeat... that all power is a trust; that we are accountable for its exercise; that from the people and for the people all springs, and all must exist.
    Benjamin Disraeli

We aim for nothing less than the utter and complete destruction of social lives.

|Sith|Galvanized Iron's Avatar Protector Domesticus

What about the missing White Tree in Minas Tirith? With all the other amazing details it seems like putting the tree there should be easy in comparison?
    Also responsible for the Roma Surrectum II Multiplayer mode
    Rest In Peace Colonel Muammar Gaddafi
    Forward to Victory Great Leader Assad!

It's there. The thing that's missing is the fountain.

Minas Tirith 6.2

This it to beautiful.
    History repeats itself, first as tragedy, second as farce.
    Karl Marx

I repeat... that all power is a trust; that we are accountable for its exercise; that from the people and for the people all springs, and all must exist.
    Benjamin Disraeli