Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 132829303132333435363738

Thread: New Settlements Preview

Pompeius Magnus's Avatar primus inter pares

Default Re: New Settlements Preview

awesome job Seth! It's like a compete new game. Nobody could say that the base engine is RomeTW. Phantastic!

Decanus

Icon10 Re: New Settlements Preview

Seth, you are a marvelous, great artist. You deserve a Rep so as to humbly demonstrate you my gratitude for such pieces of art
    May i leave a little suggestion/desire: can you create a better Grey Havens?

Quote Originally Posted by lordargento View Post
    Seth, you are a marvelous, great artist. You deserve a Rep so as to humbly demonstrate you my gratitude for such pieces of art
    Oh, I'm sure he can, but if he's going to do so is another thing I think the team has to argue whether the Grey Havens are worth investing an elven city slot or not, and also if it is worth investing the time working on it.
    Still then, it probably wouldn't be included in 3.0 (or at least I hope so, if it isn't already in as a surprise settlement - would have to wait longer!)
    Thanks beforehand (optional addition )
    With best regards,

Förster44

Decanus

Icon7 Re: New Settlements Preview

Förster 44, good things may last more to occur
    Hope the team has interest in my suggestion, since having a more distinct and traditional city and harbour like Grey Havens with "special" appearance would be great! At least my humble opinion is that this city/harbour has great importance in the plot (and as head of all the Lindon region) of the story and the game itself, so it deserves something more spectacular... like only Seth can develop and create...
    Last edited by lordargento; January 25, 2013 at 04:34 PM.

Hopit's Avatar Praepositus

not enough elvish settlement levels for that

Quote Originally Posted by SgtScooter View Post
    If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by lordargento View Post
    Well, thanks for the appreciation.
    About Grey Havens, I started working on a custom set for it times ago, but I had to focus my time for the already included custom sets so I left it aside.

Can't promise anything, but if I'll have time in the future I shall reconsider the idea and work on it.

About Hopit's comment "not enough elvish settlement levels for that": town levels are mandatory to include a custom set in custom battles menu. And we actually do have the "city" level unused in elven scheme.
    I must add there that the custom sets made to be placed on a coast are not suitable to Custom battles unless they are placed on customized tiles, so Grey Havens should not be a good choice.

But, out of custom battles and only for Campaign game, I am free to create and add as many custom set as I want, being it a totally different scheme. Actually, there are already some custom set that are not included in the custom battle menu but are playable during the campaign, like LakeTown.

Only (known) limits are the LOTR lore, my imagination and most of all my free time and spendable energies.
    Unfortunately, the last two elements and especially the "time factor" are not so wide as they were years ago

Decanus

Icon7 Re: New Settlements Preview

Thanks for answering Seth. Who knows, maybe in a future release (after 3.0) Grey Havens would be present...
    Once again, thank you for sharing your beautiful creations

quick question (nothing important rly): what about adding a dragon shaped object in the water near Esgaroth? Would that be possible?
    "Siehst du in des Waldes Grün feindlicher Gewehrmaschin?"
    - Peronje

"Der NKWD in Russland, der SD im Deutschland des Dritten Reiches und alle anderen Geheimpolizeiorganisationen ähnlicher Art sind Spielwiesen für Psychopathen, für Usurpatoren illegaler Macht über Millionen.
    Dort liegen die Krebsherde der modernen Gesellschaft."

aus "Holt Hartmann vom Himmel" Motorbuch Verlag Spezial 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Luxchamp View Post
    quick question (nothing important rly): what about adding a dragon shaped object in the water near Esgaroth? Would that be possible?
    Oh that would be awesome! Some kind of reward for map explorers then
    Thanks beforehand (optional addition )
    With best regards,

Förster44

Just gotta say it really is amazing what you guys are doing with the RTW engine, and I really appreciate all the effort.