Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TATW for Shogun 2

Default TATW for Shogun 2

Didn't know whether to put this in tatw or here, but would love to see it in shogun. I know it would just be better graphics, but would be better for Minas Tirith with the multi step castles.

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

Default Re: TATW for Shogun 2

Dream on im afraid.

Never ever going to happen.

Map isnt editable
    Models are not editable
    Would require hundreds of new anims each taking around five+ hours each
    etc

Well, there is already an entire mod, so once we can convert everything (or the most important things) from one platform onto another, it'd be possible. Afaik Ataegina converted ETW units to Med2, and there's a Rome Mod (custom battle only though) coming out for ETW.

Just the bloody map, and more reliable tools and I think it could be accomplished. Until then ... :

Dream on im afraid.

Por que Creative Assembly?! No more editable maps, and they lied to us about napoleons uniform editor!

sadly and people need to understand that the golden era of total conversions (mods) ended with etw, so tatw and other mods of the same scale will be on rtw-mtw2, regarding etw-stw2 the most you can expect is overall tweaks (from AI-New Units-Music-etc)
    Common sense removed due being Disruptive.

Which means the golden era of Total War ended with ETW as well.
    I'm still playing RTW and M2TW due to the mods, while I stopped playing ETW and NTW ages ago (about a month after their release). Couldnt be bothered anymore.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Let's hope the Silver Age comes swiftly if the Golden Age is truly dead.

Lord Rusty's Avatar Foederatus

I guess theyve seen the value of editing units them selfs, and then selling them for 5-10 euros from the steamsite. :/

Dynamo11's Avatar Domesticus

No editable maps, barely editable models.... ain't ever gonna happen

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo11 View Post
    No editable maps, barely editable models.... ain't ever gonna happen
    What makes the maps un-editable? It is possible with Napoleon.

The Napoleon camaign map is not editable? You can edit battle maps, but not the campaign.

The Sweeper's Avatar Miles

I don't understand making maps & units un-editable. As mentioned games like M2, RTW and in other genres like Oblivion/Fallout, the modding community is the thing that keeps people playing (and in some cases buying more copies of the game! I think I bought at least 2 different copies of Oblivion...). CA are just hamstringing the modders. If I was a developer I'd want to do all I could to help the modding community develop new things. Half the time they're of similar if not better quality than later official add-ons... Why wouldn't you want the fans of your game creating that kind of content?

Primergy's Avatar Protector of the Union

I don't understand making maps & units un-editable
    They don't make them uneditable because they hate the modder's
    They simply develop an engine which enables the studio too work as fast and good as possible and this means in many cases that they are using 3rd Party development tools, and also using modern techniques (in case of the campaign map ca switched from pixels to vectors and are packing a 8 GB campaign map texture to a 150 MB Pack)

Means, modern engines simply getting to complicated for normal modders, when the engine isn't optimized for the modding community.

But no one can expect that a studio develops an engine just for modders.

Erunion Telcontar's Avatar Senator

It is a crying shame. It would be sweet if, for their next title, CA released an "Editor" program that allowed you to easily edit just about everything.
    Alas, it ain't gonna happen.

+Rep for anyone who can translate! (The above)
    Auta i lóme! Aurë entuluva!

I think everyone on twc who owns a copy of, empire, napoleon, or shogun2 should sue CA, until they release a patch or something that has more moddable options! I love samurai because of my heritage, but come on CA! People aren't making mods because they think the game is wrong, they are the little helpers! Ca just does the basics, but modders finish it!

HissingNewt's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by flopsies View Post
    I think everyone on twc who owns a copy of, empire, napoleon, or shogun2 should sue CA, until they release a patch or something that has more moddable options! I love samurai because of my heritage, but come on CA! People aren't making mods because they think the game is wrong, they are the little helpers! Ca just does the basics, but modders finish it!
    You don't seem to understand what lawsuits are valid.
    "Hullabaloo, caneck! Caneck!"

Sue them for what? Not releasing a free product? It's sad that they don't release editors anymore, but that's not really something we're entitled to, just something we miss.

What would be sweet if some reeeeeaaaally bored programmers put together an open source total-war-like engine. Then the modding community could put make the models, textures, maps, etc for whatever games they want. Even be able to edit the ai if they want, since it's open source.

Too bad that'd take a godly amount of work to get started.

so? we can just spam em with emails until gmail or yahoo mail crashes (:

Didn't know whether to put this in tatw or here, but would love to see it in shogun. I know it would just be better graphics, but would be better for Minas Tirith with the multi step castles.
    It would be great, but you'll be in one hell of a wait for it. There's nothing wrong with the MTW2 LoTR Mod.
    OPEN BATTLEFIELD CAPTURE POINTS AND IMPACT PUFFS HAVE GOT TO GO!
    REVERT INFANTRY THROWING PILAE TO ROME TW'S SYSTEM AS IT WAS PERFECT!

Mobo: GA-P35-S3, CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66Ghz, GPU: AMD HD 6850 1GB, RAM: 4.Gb Corsair DDR2, Sound: Audigy 4, O/S: Windows 7 64bit Home Premium

Taran.'s Avatar Civis

I'll be already satisfied when they finally release those custom settlements... I want elven cities

Выше, выше
    К белым облакам!
    Выше, выше
    К белым облакам!
    Качели тут, Качели там.
    Качели тут, Качели там!
    Ты летишь, легка,
    Со мной всё выше в облака!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast