Thread: Atlas Manager

Default Atlas Manager

I've developed a small tool to help me change atlas lines fast and directly on screen.
    Maybe it can interest someone who has to deal with changing many lines in new atlases.
    You can load an atlas (automaticat detection of the type) and then change coordinates in lower 7 small text box. I have little time to write a full tutorial but I guess those who work with atlas can figure out quite well how it works.

Basically you STORE a selected data grid line in the lower textbox (both texture name and coordinates values) and then copy back to any line you select by clicking on the data grid and pressin WRITE ... TO SELECTED ROW.

You can even do multiple selection by pressing first the STORE MULTIPLE LINES button, then clicking on the starting line and finally clicking on the ending line. You will see a list of lines write down on the text box together with the relative values of the coordinates stored down in the numeric text fields.
    From then you can load another atlas and write line to the new atlas simply selecting the starting line (maybe adding new lines if needed) and by pressing WRITE MULTIPLE LINES.

The program automatically put the correct suffix based on the atlas type.

FILL ALL ATLASES button doesn't work atm.

Hope you find it usefull. If you have any suggestion or request please do ask.

Download link:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20382537/NTW+Atlas+Manager.rar

Install instructions: Just extract file in any directory and double click on file. It requires .net 3.51
    Last edited by LEGIO_Desaix; May 30, 2011 at 09:17 AM.

Default Re: Atlas Manager

For some reason I can't see the bottum portion of the screen. Is it because I run Windows 7?

If only I had checked for this a week ago lol...

But great job, and +rep. I'll definitely look to it next time I get involved in this sort of modding, will almost certainly make my life easeir
    Developer of The Great War | Leader of WW2: Sandstorm | Under the Woolen Patronage of Mitch | King of All

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Van Tromp View Post
    History has always been a bit of the State's slut.

What about me not being able to see the bottom of the window? This makes it impossible for me to load or save atlas files.

Here I'm, sorry for not checking this topic often.

New link with buttons moved upward. Hope this fix the problem on wide screen.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20382...as+Manager.rar

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

Nope i cant see em either. Could you move them far right perhaps?

Can anyone upload this file to another host? I can't download this file from gamefront

BTW, thank a lot

Quote Originally Posted by FBI206 View Post
    Can anyone upload this file to another host? I can't download this file from gamefront

BTW, thank a lot
    Buttons moved up and file uploaded below.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGIO_Desaix View Post
    Buttons moved up and file uploaded below.
    Thank you sir and + rep.

Dee Jay's Avatar I'm gone....

This doesn't work for me Every time I go to save my edited atlas file, and then open it back up it has no changes to it.

Please help, thanks in advance

EDIT: Also I cant see anything below the SAVE ATLAS and LOAD ATLAS button, and I can only see half those buttons... Maybe you could reduce the size of the main window thingy so that people with smaller screens can see the whole lot??? VERY THANKFUL IF YOU DID

EDIT AGAIN: The changes save for me now, except for when I delete a row (I just press the delete button on the keyboard)
    Last edited by Dee Jay; November 08, 2011 at 03:44 AM.

Dee Jay's Avatar I'm gone....

NEVERMIND

I just use the PFM to edit them,

Thanks anyway

Decanus

Icon9 Re: Atlas Manager

How are you using the PFM to edit Atlas... i´m using it but i´m not able to modify any variable from the Atlas

Diamat's Avatar VELUTI SI DEUS DARETUR

Nevermind.

ANYONE here that can actually get this tool and/or PFM to actually Save a file??? I can get texture names to save but can't edit a d*mn number for anything! I am working hard to add some uniforms for the North & South mod and making no progress with any Atlas tools...

Thanks!

EDIT:: With some exceptional trouble shooting from Skeleton King....

You need to add an extra empty row before saving the file. Ignore the error messages and you should be fine. Please, people, when you figure something out after posting a question, edit your post with the solution so others don't have to waste valuable time.
    Last edited by Slyk; May 13, 2014 at 07:20 PM.
    ACW 2.6 - American Civil War Released:

https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...ar-June-2-2019

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Personally:
    I use PFM editor to add new lines in the atlas.
    Then I use this Atlas editor to change the size/coordinates.

I have noticed some issues with "multiple textures" variants. Like if you want to have a unit with different types of belts.

It seems that in the case, there could be a crash when one of the textures has been added to an original atlas.

Exemple: An atlas contains belt_1 and belt_2. I edit the atlas to add "extra_belt_1"

If I make a unit with only belt_1 --> works. A unit with "extra_belt_1" --> works. A unit with belt_1 znd belt_2 --> works. a unit with belt_1 and extra_belt_1 --> crash

Hi guys,

the link isn't working anymore. Can anyone please post a new link or send me the tool?

thanks alot!

Emperor of The Great Unknown's Avatar Primicerius

BUMP I too am looking for a link if anyone has it.
    Give a man a fish you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime.
    cant read?

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor of The Great Unknown View Post
    BUMP I too am looking for a link if anyone has it.
    Apologize, not active a lot recently, new link for my atlas manager

http://www.mediafire.com/download/d1...as_Manager.rar