Thread: MAARC XXVI Nominations

Default MAARC XXVI Nominations

Nominate AARs for the March Monthly AAR Contest (MAARC).

The nominated AAR must have at least two updates in March.

Give the following info:

Title (as link)

Author:

Game: RTW / M2TW / ETW / ...

Mod:

Faction:

Short Description / Teaser

Rules

Eligiblity:
    • 2 updates in the given month.

• People who ended up in the first three should not compete in next months MAARC.

• Only one AAR per person.
    Nomination deadline: the last day of the month.

Min. limit: if there are less than 10 nominated AARs, the nomination deadline shall be prolonged for another month.

Vote: after the monthly nomination period, a 1-week multi-poll vote will be held (on the first week of each month) to decide the winners.

Last edited by Skantarios; March 02, 2011 at 01:51 PM.
    Read the review of I am Skantarios! in the Critic's Quill here.

Default Re: MAARC XXVI Nominations

This is the story of Shimazu Takahisa. Set in the sengoku jidai, Shimazu must struggle and compete against rival Daimyo's, new technology and social and religous change. As time goes on, he will forge new alliances, breaking old ones in the process. He will face assassination, and will struggle to keep his family alive. Religous persecution will strengthen his will. He will face a terrible war with the Hojo. But it will all be worth it because when his story ends, he will be Shogun

Title: Shimazu's Story
    Author: Zarniwoop
    Game: Shogun
    Mod: Vanilla
    Faction: Shimazu

The Hungarian domination of Europe

Author: Supermoler

Game: Napoleon: Total War

mod: Napoleon Total Factions (NTF)

Faction: Hungary

Description: A small, undeveloped country in east-europe tries to survive between strong empires. But with courageous fighting, even the smallest nation can be victor.

Last edited by Supermoler; March 09, 2011 at 11:57 AM.

Brucha's Avatar Civis

Title: Kronicka Polska (Chronicles of Poland)

Author: Brucha

Game: Rome Total War (BI) and MTW2

Mod: (Rio's) FLAGELLVM DEI and Sicilian Vespers mods

Faction: Slavs/Poland

Description: An ambitious attempt that I have been working on for some time. Essentially, this is a series of linked AAR's, spanning a total of 4 game mods (and thus 4 seperate but continuous AAR's), from the years 463 AD to 1730 AD. Of course, in all games, I will be playing Poland.....lots of house rules that I mus adhere to during my games.

LIST OF GAME AAR'S
    1. Kiedy Storice Bylo Bogiem - When the Sun was a God (using Rio's FLAGELLVM DEI mod) - currently playing
    2. Gesta Principum Polonorum - Deeds of the Princes of Poland 888-1222 AD (using the Dark Ages Sicilian Vespers mod) - not started
    3. Dynastia Jagiellonów - The Middle Kingdom 1212-1401 AD (using the High Ages Sicilian Vespers mod) - not started
    4. Venimus, Vidimus, Deus vincit - We came, We saw, God conquered 1401-1730 AD (using the Renaissance Age Sicilian Vepsers mod) - not started

1. Kiedy Storice Bylo Bogiem - When the Sun was a God (using Rio's FLAGELLVM DEI mod) - currently playing

Title: Primus Inter Pares - The Kievan Rus
    Author: Radzeer
    Game: MTW2
    Mod: Stainless Steel 6.3
    Faction: Kiev
    Description: The tale of three brothers during the rise of the Kievan Rus with adventures across the Cuman steppes, Transylvania, the Lithuanian wilderness and the Black Sea.

wowbanger's Avatar Decanus

Title: Saoirse – The Irish Fight for Freedom

Author: wowbanger
    Game: M2TW Kingdoms Brittania
    Mod: None
    Faction: Ireland
    Desciption: Ireland had been invaded. The Gaelic kings lay defeated, their land captured and the people reduced to little more than slaves. Now only one free kingdom remains. Isolated and alone, the Kingdom of Tir Eoghain stands as a last outpost for the Irish people, beset on all sides by enemies.

Can King Domnall Ua Néill resist the might of the Norman invaders and maintain his freedom? Can he fulfill his father's dream and drive them back to the sea and make himself the uncontested High King of Ireland? Or will he join the long list of fallen Irish Kings, a mere footnote in history?

"Some writers never know what's to be written until they see it on the page...." Some words of wisdom from my good friend, Mega Tortas de Bodemloze

Boustrophedon's Avatar Grote Smurf
    Citizen

Title: A New Reign

Author: Boustrophedon (myself)
    Game: Rome: Total War
    Mod: Roma Surrectum 2.1
    Faction: Ptolemaic Kingdom
    Desciption:
    The Ptolemaic Kingdom has been a weak nation for many years but a handful of loyal and strong men will change the course of history forever. Hermeias of Ace is a veteran of many battles and he commands the royal marines in battle. After conquering the seas he is looking to enlarge the Ptolemaic Empire with new lands across Asia, Asia Minor and perhaps even further away. Ptolemaeos V, or Adrastos as his friends call him, is a young prince with grand designs of a new superpower in the east. Kassandros is the head of the small elephant corps and his beasts of war might tip the scales in their favour.

Can they subjugate their former allies, enemies and those who still call themselves neutral or will they plunge the world in chaos... Great men will clash and massive armies are raised. The battle for supremacy in the east has begun.
    Last edited by Boustrophedon; March 28, 2011 at 11:21 AM.

Author: La coupe est pleine

Game: Medieval 2 total War

Mod: DLV 6.2

Faction: Royaume de France

I’m Philippe.
    Philippe Capet, adoptive son of the French King. However, my real name is Muhammad Sahadeddine. I’ve been adopted because of an amazing coincidence. I hope to become soon a hero of Chivalry, and help the poor and the orphans.
    I know, I’ve read a lot of hero stories, but I’m a dreamer…

Let's follow the epic adventure of an eastern son, lost in a western land.

Could he reach glory through epic battles and choices?
    Or should he resign to accept a miserable fate everyone wants him to follow?

Title: Pontos Rising

Author: FriendlyFire

Game: Rome Total War

Mod: Europa Barbarorum 1.2

Faction: Pontos

Description: This is a Pontic campaign AAR using Europa Barbarorum 1.2 and BI.exe. I'm playing on hard campaign difficulty, medium battle difficulty, and huge unit sizes. I'm also using the city mod, which limits the upper size and growth of most cities to historical proportions.

I love Pontos in EB for three reasons: first, it's a complete underdog in an almost impossible position, starting with one small town and the Arche Seleukeia breathing down its neck. Second, even after fighting off that initial threat, Pontos finds itself in the center of the map, with danger and opportunity in every direction. This makes the campaign much more unpredictable than that of a "corner power" like Carthage, Saba, or the Casse, where you pretty much know who you'll be fighting and in what order. Third, Pontos doesn't really have any factional elite troops worthy of the name, so late-game armies tend to have a lot more interesting regional troops in the mix.

Title: The Prodigal Son

Game/Mod: Total War: Shogun 2 (almost Vanilla)

Faction: Mori Clan

Teaser:

"You handle the sword well, but you will never be great if you don't do it with honour."

Our eyes met and I felt exposed. It seemed like the Yamabushi's gaze went all the way into my soul, weighing the rights and wrongs of my live. It was a disturbing thought and I had to try hard not to be caught by his silent glare. A mute curse went through my head. How can you even beat a man if you do not dare to look in his face? I took a few deep breaths to calm myself while I continued to circle around him. He stood on one leg, the other lifted up from the ground and somehow managed to follow my movement around him.
    I lunged forward, circling my Katana from its high position down toward his left chin, but the Yamabushi effortlessly blocked the blade with his Naginata and I retreated back to my former distance. Mokuyo, the migrant monk, watched me and waited.

Read my AARs:
    The Legacy of Megas Alexandros (Europa Barbarorum as Arche Seleukeia)
    The Prodigal Son (Shogun 2 as Mori)
    You like a good reading? Then check out the homepage of our fellow TWC-member Theodotos I at www.stephenwrites.com!

Title: Pagan Vengeance

Author: Skantarios

Game/Mod: M2TW / Stainless Steel 6.3

Faction: The Cumans

Short Description: Follow the story of Juvage, a young Lithuanian exile serving the Cumans in the wide open Steppes. After the betrayal and death of his family, he must fight his way back from nothing to bring vengeance on those that have wronged him. He has forsaken his pastoral gods in order to have the power of the bloody war god, Kovas, with him as he rises through the ranks, gains followers, and does battle with all those that stand in his way.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

There shall come a time when the land has fallen to wickedness, where honor has no meaning and kinship no value. The many gods do battle against one of their own for supremacy in Heaven as well as on Earth. Armies of faith shall clash and the land will be stained red.

From the East shall come one sent by the gods but of no gods; of this land but not of this land; born of man but without father or mother. The one will darken the skies and cause the very ground to tremble. The one will come clothed in fear and cleanse the land in fire and blood; leaving nothing behind but death and sorrow.

The one shall be the many gods’ mightiest champion fight but, in the end, will cause their destruction.

The one will go by many names, but you shall know the one by the name: Shiva – the Destroyer of Worlds.

The one will be the end of us all.

- Ancient Pagan Prophecy.

Read the review of I am Skantarios! in the Critic's Quill here.