Thread: Revised offices for civilised empires submod

Default Revised offices for civilised empires submod

I made a logical change to the offices of the great empires (Rome and Persia). In vanilla IBFD 7.03, there were minimal attributes required for a character to gain an office. But if you think about it: You are the emperor/king of kings! You should be able to give offices to anybody you want, regardless how competent he is (actually, many incompetent men held high offices in history). So now these requirements are gone. If you send a man to Alexandria and there is no comes aegypti, this man will get the office.
    This submod includes my office submod for the Romans.
    Installation: Put the export_descr_ancillaries into your Rome/ibfd/data folder. Better make a backup before.
    Edit: I updated the mod and changed the percentage to get an office to 100% for all offices.
    Last edited by TW-fanboy; March 09, 2011 at 02:36 PM.

Default Re: Revised offices for civilised empires submod

Good job, as usual.

Altough you might want to say that it's for IBFD 7.03, since the name "Ruina Romae" is not yet used for a released mod. Even if we've changed the name of this forum, you're still downloading IBFD and not RR, so to speak. Just to avoid confusion.

Edit: And I've put it up in the Optional downloads thread.
    Last edited by Joar; March 01, 2011 at 03:27 PM.

Thanx good !

So correct me if im wrong but basically now if u move any character without a single level in any of the four attributes (command, loyalty, managment, influence) to a specific city (Rome, Constantinople, Arleate, etc.) he'll still receive either military or civil titles?

Yes. If you don't want him to hold this office, give the ancilarry to nother person. For the gameplay, it is more challenging with attribute requirements, but it is unrealistic/unhistorical and for those of you who like to roleplay (like me), this is a nice modification.

I like that addition.

to have patricius or magister militum in which city must be the character?

Magister Militum: A general in Ravenna (Western empire) or Thessalonica (Eastern empire)
    Patricius: A general in Rome (Western empire) or Constantinople (Eastern empire)
    According to the old Roman office minimod thread.

Boycott boycotts!'

Quote Originally Posted by vampiric_canniba View Post
    According to the old Roman office minimod thread.

i've copied the file in IBFD-Data folder but my generals can't get retinue like patricius or magister militum are there any other things i've to do ? i leave the generals 1 turn in Roma and no ones of them became patricius

I had similar problem with magister equitum per gallias. One suppose to be getting the title in Avaricum but i had a general there for couple of turns and nothing. Not util i took Augusta Trevorum did i get the titles in that city.

There's a 66% (or 55% for some) possibility to aquire an office (it was that way in ibfd 7.03 and I forgot to change that). So you simply had bad luck. I will change that and uplöoad a new version soon.
    Last edited by TW-fanboy; March 09, 2011 at 02:29 PM.

No big deal, atleast im happy now that we r getting most of the titles no matter if a general qualifies or not.

The upgraded version is uploaded.

how this mod can be downloaded?

thanks for making this, but where is the download link now?