Thread: Additional Units Mod - Shogun (AUM-SHO) 2.8 - updated 31.12.17

♔DARTH LEGO♔'s Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD - SHOGUN (AUM-SHO) - 1.3 - updated 18.3.11

Well Darth was my paradigm shift in attitude towards STW2

Swiss has now cemented the deal for me!

Dude you are a legend!!!

- all Fire Rocket units use "rank_fire"
    - Onna Bushi use "rapid_advance" <-- btw please add these to the campaign XD

So these are the only actual changes this mod brings to the release version, right? Since all Yari Ashigaru has pike wall in vanilla, and some of the other demo-changes you made.
    What about the pike square formation in the special edition? That's already in the campaign, requiring a research.
    Or is this mod mainly for custom battles now? Would I get pikes quare for the custom battle Yari's but not for the campaign Yari's before the research? =P
    Also, what was the thought behind adding rapid advance to so many units? Won't it further make the battles "too quick"?

Anyway, loved this mod in every previous TW game, sure i'll love it here too
    Last edited by Baleurion; March 19, 2011 at 04:24 AM.

GasMask's Avatar Praeses

You got the DB tables yet ?

MorganH.'s Avatar Finis adest rerum

Quote Originally Posted by ♔BayonetFodder♔ View Post

Dude you are a legend!!!
    Exactly the way i feel as well,well said!

Swiss my friend,keep up the great work,+rep !

This is looking good so far! Some suggestions

Possible to add loan sword ashigaru?
    Crossbow ashigaru (if someone can make it)
    Dual katana samuri/hero?
    Mounted matchlock samuri
    Nobody expects the Imperial Inquisition

IM SO HAPPY THAT ALL THE NTW GUYS ARE MODDING SHOGUN 2 NOW! ITS SO FLUFFY!

Quick question about naginata warrior monk hero unit, how to recruit them? are they for uesugi only? THanks a lot for this awesome mod

Quote Originally Posted by Shabby_Ronin View Post
    Is there anyway to make the matchlock monks recruitable?
    This.

Pretty please?

GasMask's Avatar Praeses

According to him he needs the updated or newly found DB DATABASES to do the new units or simply unlock them for all game modes i hardly see this but then again i am using the AUM for both Nap and Empire .

Once again i grow tired of not getting a reply but i know the answer anyway.....

I await new units !

ok, here comes another unrealistic proposal. Please refer from throwing stones at me before I get a chance to run away... ^^

Perhaps we could have a unit of Ashigaru using the Model of the current Ashigaru but with the animations and the weapon model (if those are seperate again?) of the Yari Samurai.
    The Unit would be the weaker version of the Yari Samurai and better against other infantry, but not as good against cavalry as the Ashigaru with the longer Yari. Somewhere between the current Spear Ashigaru and the "Loansword Ashigaru"....

Taisho (sorry i cant write the line above the o on my swedish keyboard, but i can write たいしょう instead if it makes up for it? ;D)
    Isn't what you are asking for, precisely what the Naginata Samurai is for? A middle between Yari samurai and Katana samurai, not as good as the katana against infantry, and not as good as the Yari against cavalry, bot very good against both in the sense that you can use the same unit for both roles.
    A weaker version of Yari Samurai but better against infantry, not as good against cavalry as Yari

Unless you specifically request the Yari Samurai weapon model, rather than a unit with the stats you asked for

GasMask's Avatar Praeses

An expected date of this mod getting anywhere is another 6 months at least before he utilizes his full mod just go look at his empire and Napoleon projects amazing i voted for him also last year for the mods awards !

Quite bored waiting for these bloody databases.

Quote Originally Posted by ToonTotalWar View Post
    Swiss +rep from your mate Toon
    Quote Originally Posted by flopsies View Post
    IM SO HAPPY THAT ALL THE NTW GUYS ARE MODDING SHOGUN 2 NOW! ITS SO FLUFFY!
    Quote Originally Posted by MorganH. View Post
    Exactly the way i feel as well,well said!
    Swiss my friend,keep up the great work,+rep !
    Quote Originally Posted by ♔BayonetFodder♔ View Post
    Dude you are a legend!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by drummer2177 View Post
    I have not purchased Shogun 2 yet; I have a rule that until Swiss make his AUM (MWII, Empire, Nap)that is when I will purchase it. Looks like that time is near.
    I eagerly await!
    Thanks a lot to all of you for your very nice words! I appreciate that.

Quote Originally Posted by Baleurion View Post
    - all Fire Rocket units use "rank_fire"
    - Onna Bushi use "rapid_advance" <-- btw please add these to the campaign XD

So these are the only actual changes this mod brings to the release version, right? Since all Yari Ashigaru has pike wall in vanilla, and some of the other demo-changes you made.
    What about the pike square formation in the special edition? That's already in the campaign, requiring a research.
    Or is this mod mainly for custom battles now? Would I get pikes quare for the custom battle Yari's but not for the campaign Yari's before the research? =P
    Also, what was the thought behind adding rapid advance to so many units? Won't it further make the battles "too quick"?
    Anyway, loved this mod in every previous TW game, sure i'll love it here too
    Hello Baleurion, yes I will add the "Onna Bushi" to the campaign after it's possible.

All new abilities can be used in the custom battle. In the campaign you have to research them first and some of the features must be researched within the "General's skill tree" like wedge formation that it can be used.

The rapid advance ability is mainly to increase speed for the short time of the charge. I've not planned to add this ability to more units at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by soheisohei View Post
    Quick question about naginata warrior monk hero unit, how to recruit them? are they for uesugi only? THanks a lot for this awesome mod
    Quote Originally Posted by aeoleron9 View Post
    This.
    Pretty please?
    Hello sohei and aeoleron, the Uesugi have a special version of the "Naginata Warrior Monk Hero" unit. You need the latest temple, but I have to look into the related "buildings_to_units" table after it is accessible.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔MASK OF GAS♔ View Post
    You got the DB tables yet ?
    According to him he needs the updated or newly found DB DATABASES to do the new units or simply unlock them for all game modes i hardly see this but then again i am using the AUM for both Nap and Empire .
    Once again i grow tired of not getting a reply but i know the answer anyway.....
    I await new units !
    An expected date of this mod getting anywhere is another 6 months at least before he utilizes his full mod just go look at his empire and Napoleon projects amazing i voted for him also last year for the mods awards !
    Quite bored waiting for these bloody databases.
    Hell MAG, I saw your thread here and why don't you ask first before you make such a negative announcement against me?

As I wrote on my thread and several posts it isn't possible at the moment without extensive hex-editing which is very time consuming and can cause CTD's if not made properly.

As you wrote every mod that I made started very small if you look at the earliest versions of AUM-ETW and AUM-NAP in the related changelog.

The game is just released so please be patient.

Here you have a detailed overview what we modders already know.

Tools, Tutorials and Resources

This is the main thread about taw's amazing command line tools which convert the binary DB tables to TSV files that we modders can edit and re-pack again. The PFM doesn't support the Shogun DB tables properly yet. There is no way like this below in the meantime (besides hex-editing).

DB<->TSV converter for Shogun 2 Total War

have already modded in loan sword and yari retainers got sick of waiting.
    Please share this with us how you've made it exactly.

Cheers
    Swisss Halberdier

GasMask's Avatar Praeses

Hexed marra.

Used the updated hex editor and no i wont actually share anything with you mate because i dont have to not being horrible i just prefer to have my own mods and play them until lets say your AUM mod gets updated with the rest anyway then i can make changes to adjust to your work.

Kind of simple EH ? SWISS LOL.

Holy quote replies!!
    So basically most of the changelog that states "pikemen can now use spear wall" only indicates that it is unlocked in custom battles, but still requires the old vanilla researches and traits and stuff in the campaign?
    Great, just what i hoped for

plissken3's Avatar Decanus

Mask of Gas, c'mon mate there is no reason to be like that towards Swiss, he's trying as are all the modders to make better gameplay for us all - try to be patient mate
    WHY NOT TRY MY MODS BELOW - FOR EMPIRE & NAPOLEON
    here:BetterMusicMod& here:SharpeThemeMod
    & here:WarpathPictureMod

Brilliant work as per usual

billydilly's Avatar Senator

Is this for the campaign or custom battles?
    CPU: Intel i7-8700. GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Armor 8G. RAM: Corsair Vengance, 16Gb HD: Kingston SSD 240Gb (System), Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500Gb (Steam), Western Digital 500Gb. PSU: Corsair CX600W

Ever since I started using the Kisho ninja I've been wanting to double the unit sizes and introduce some new types of ninja units.
    But I kind of suck at modding
    My original ideas were:
    Naginata Ninja
    Bow Ninja(Can stay hidden while firing)
    Yari Ninja
    I also had an idea for a dual katana samurai unit, but I think somebody already suggested that.
    edit: How do I open the downloads with 7zip? I get this annoying Microsoft window up which wants me to buy stuff. I'm on Windows 7 btw
    Last edited by Dalkar; March 21, 2011 at 03:01 PM.

i cant wait for you to release real units this game lacks units and is a big letdown on the mp side