Page 6 of 62 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415163156 ... LastLast

Thread: Additional Units Mod - Shogun (AUM-SHO) 2.8 - updated 31.12.17

Default Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD - SHOGUN (AUM-SHO) - 1.3 - updated 18.3.11

What we need is some more unit textures as well - even given the limited amount of units, the textures are a bit too samey.
    OPEN BATTLEFIELD CAPTURE POINTS AND IMPACT PUFFS HAVE GOT TO GO!
    REVERT INFANTRY THROWING PILAE TO ROME TW'S SYSTEM AS IT WAS PERFECT!

Mobo: GA-P35-S3, CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66Ghz, GPU: AMD HD 6850 1GB, RAM: 4.Gb Corsair DDR2, Sound: Audigy 4, O/S: Windows 7 64bit Home Premium

I agree higher tier units should bloody well know some advanced tactics even wo researching them, tech tree if i had my druthers is for retroactively teaching scrub units how to use advanced abilities. Or the more likely fix is reworking the tech trees entirely and reducing some of the learning periods for some skills greatly like basic tactical skills.

Fact that long campaign you will never max out a tree less you focus entirely on one of the other, is silly, and it is near impossible to focus on say military tree since your econ will not be able to prop up your advanced units recruitment and upkeep costs not afford you the build slots to create calvary katana users and speciliazed monks etc.

Far as units themselves go i would like to see named ronin, might take some research and maybe just some fudging of dates and whatnot, but guys like miyamoto musashi etc as hireable ronin, that would act like mercenary hero units. Or even named merc hero units that would pledge themselves to your cause if your honor and policies matched their ideals.

GIving ninja spears and yari and etc i do not like since they are stealthy assasins that would be poorly armored and fast moving or should be, i would rather see their stealth abilites on the field buffed so most of the time they are not detected when approaching targets even walking, and quite frankly i find ninjas rather tedious to use anyway since you have to walk them everywhere and wait while they try to get into position, hence i rather dislike them for anything but seige defense where i can hide them along the walls for a nasty surprise, maybe a walking speed buff if possible so they can move faster at stealthy walk speeds.

Quote Originally Posted by newguy View Post
    do these new skills overwrite/replace the current skills they have or adds on to it?
    Quote Originally Posted by newguy View Post
    you say skills are now balanced out but not replaced. that is quite contradictory is it not? maybe it is just me but the first post wasn't all that clear. like for example it says all hero units now use rapid advance. what does that say about the other skills like stand firm and banzai? are they still there or what? i just need to get confirmation that the units get to keep their original skills and this mod just add more.
    Hello newguy, all listed abilities on the first page are added to the units. No ability has been removed and all keep their original skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Choki View Post
    its posible ashigaru whit sword only?
    Hello Choki, I will make the "Loansword Ashigaru" units recruitable in the campaign after it's possible to edit the required db table.

Unfortunately today I don't have much time to be online and I will answer all other open questions and suggestions tomorrow.

If all goes well then I will release AUM-SHO 1.4 tomorrow. I will include the first few unlocked vanilla units for the single player custom battle.

AUM-SHO is fully playable with DARTH VADER's new
    DarthMod: Shogun.

Cheers
    Swiss Halberdier

GasMask's Avatar Praeses

Eager now dam............

You are this far already do you have a life ? dam i barely get time to go outside and drink on weekends xD.

Choki's Avatar Domesticus

ok thanks a lot!!! I love your mod

Quote Originally Posted by ♔MASK OF GAS♔ View Post
    Eager now dam............
    You are this far already do you have a life ? dam i barely get time to go outside and drink on weekends xD.
    ok thanks a lot!!! I love your mod
    Thanks guys! Yes I have a real life and therefore I can't answer today all questions.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by cerebus23 View Post
    I agree higher tier units should bloody well know some advanced tactics even wo researching them, tech tree if i had my druthers is for retroactively teaching scrub units how to use advanced abilities. Or the more likely fix is reworking the tech trees entirely and reducing some of the learning periods for some skills greatly like basic tactical skills.

Fact that long campaign you will never max out a tree less you focus entirely on one of the other, is silly, and it is near impossible to focus on say military tree since your econ will not be able to prop up your advanced units recruitment and upkeep costs not afford you the build slots to create calvary katana users and speciliazed monks etc.

Far as units themselves go i would like to see named ronin, might take some research and maybe just some fudging of dates and whatnot, but guys like miyamoto musashi etc as hireable ronin, that would act like mercenary hero units. Or even named merc hero units that would pledge themselves to your cause if your honor and policies matched their ideals.

GIving ninja spears and yari and etc i do not like since they are stealthy assasins that would be poorly armored and fast moving or should be, i would rather see their stealth abilites on the field buffed so most of the time they are not detected when approaching targets even walking, and quite frankly i find ninjas rather tedious to use anyway since you have to walk them everywhere and wait while they try to get into position, hence i rather dislike them for anything but seige defense where i can hide them along the walls for a nasty surprise, maybe a walking speed buff if possible so they can move faster at stealthy walk speeds.
    Quote Originally Posted by SonOfCrusader76 View Post
    What we need is some more unit textures as well - even given the limited amount of units, the textures are a bit too samey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotchi View Post
    Hi, first love the mod very nice work.

I think we need a naginata hero unit.
    For the model i would use the onna bushi just change there stats and requirements because there are seen very rare in the campain mode.
    I did the concept for the stats and learning to edit stats. just need to know how to change the requierments.

Because the naginata are the mix of yari and katana i compared the average from both and how much more or less percent the value of the naginata are.

So stats are:

Cost: 1625 Upkeep: 250 Melee Attack: 18 Charge Bonus: 19 Bonus vs Cav: 15 Melee Defense: 13 Armour: 15 Moral: 40 Speed: 4
    please tell me what you guys think

ps: math is in the attachment
    Will do swiss thanks im going to wait for you to release the AUM with the units then i will see if its worth giving you what i have to be honest its useless all i did was hex some other body parts remove some weapons and put them on the other body simple to be fair but they dont work good because i changed some values and as you know when you hex you cant go back gotta fully reinstall the game and remove the hex program.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesa82 View Post
    Well, this is what I would like to see , at least one Onna Bushi unit any Clan can recruit that you can take on campaign. I would make it a limited recruitment unit. Like, you can only recruit one or two.

modification suggestions : slightly longer hair. slightly shorter thigh-armor, slighly shorter skirts, bare legs. More feminine colors for that unit, like pale blue, yellow, white, lavender, pink.
    Just suggestions. I can dream.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baleurion View Post
    Totally agree. The purpose of Ashigaru should be that they are cheap and numerous.
    That a fully trained elite Samurai unit can't understand pike wall tactics, like peasants can, does not make any sense.
    Frankly i usually dont even bother with Yari Samurai for that reason alone
    Quote Originally Posted by Koolhan37 View Post
    This seems like something CA needs to fix, but would love it if they were added through AUM. They have an encyclopedia section about how to get them and everything. Imagine my frustration when I teched to gunpowder, skipping other techs, only to find they aren't in single player....
    Quote Originally Posted by Breeze View Post
    Yes I Love this I think all spear units should have the ability to go square though especially anything higher than a yari samurai didnt they even give that to the lowest rankings in ETW?? they should be adding abilites not taking away LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by flopsies View Post
    I also reccomend adding more variety to ashigaru yari. Yaris didnt always have hooks, and ashigaru didnt always wear farmer hats, they also wore bandana things and zunari helmets. You also put sunburst standards in some units. Yari, matchlock, and yumi Samurai should also have the same attack stats, because all Samurai were very proficient with the katana.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevalier IX View Post
    I like the idea of recruitable female units,as recent archaeology has revealed this was indeed the case,as no less than 3 battlefield excavations DNA tests have shown that on the average out of every 100 bodies found upwards of 35 were women...and keep in mind these were field burials not a siege or otherwise
    Quote Originally Posted by flopsies View Post
    oh, and swiss halberdier, you should add an ability to all units called onigidi (rice balls). They always carried around, so it could increase morale while reducing movement/fatigue speed (They'll get to chubby if they eat to many!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baleurion View Post
    Taisho (sorry i cant write the line above the o on my swedish keyboard, but i can write たいしょう instead if it makes up for it? ;D)
    Isn't what you are asking for, precisely what the Naginata Samurai is for? A middle between Yari samurai and Katana samurai, not as good as the katana against infantry, and not as good as the Yari against cavalry, bot very good against both in the sense that you can use the same unit for both roles.
    A weaker version of Yari Samurai but better against infantry, not as good against cavalry as Yari
    Unless you specifically request the Yari Samurai weapon model, rather than a unit with the stats you asked for
    Quote Originally Posted by ♔ brucedickenson♔ View Post
    This is looking good so far! Some suggestions

Possible to add loan sword ashigaru?
    Crossbow ashigaru (if someone can make it)
    Dual katana samuri/hero?
    Mounted matchlock samuri
    Quote Originally Posted by Taishō View Post
    ok, here comes another unrealistic proposal. Please refer from throwing stones at me before I get a chance to run away... ^^
    Perhaps we could have a unit of Ashigaru using the Model of the current Ashigaru but with the animations and the weapon model (if those are seperate again?) of the Yari Samurai.
    The Unit would be the weaker version of the Yari Samurai and better against other infantry, but not as good against cavalry as the Ashigaru with the longer Yari. Somewhere between the current Spear Ashigaru and the "Loansword Ashigaru"....

Hello to all AUM-SHO players,

today I released AUM-SHO 1.4 and here is the changelog.
    - changed the pack type format to the normal "mod" type. Please activate AUM-SHO with the user.script.txt.
    - increased the "aura radius" of the Generals (thanks and credits to DARTH VADER for his idea in DarthMod: Shogun / AUM-SHO fully works with DMS)
    - unlocked these vanilla units

These units below can be recruited in the single player custom battle. They are not available in the campaign yet (besides the Nag.W.M.Cav for the Uesegi). The related table which is needed to recruit these units in the campaign is not accessible yet.

I tried to unlock several other vanilla units like the "Onna Bushi" or "Samurai Retainers" too. But it didn't work and I know from my ETW/NTW experience that there is a column in the inaccessible "units_table" which controls the availability in custom battle.

These units are locked in the "MP Avatar battle mode" at the moment and I have to search how I can make them available there too.

Katana Ronin
    Yari Ronin
    Naginata Warrior Monk Cavalry
    Katana Wako
    Bow Wako
    Medium Bune Wako

All added abilities of AUM-SHO can be used in the single player custom battle and the campaign. In the campaign you have to research for example the "pike square formation". The ability "wedge formation" must be researched within the General's skill tree.

All abilities are added to the units. No ability has been removed and all keep their original skills.

AUM-SHO is fully playable with DARTH VADER's new DarthMod: Shogun.

AUM-SHO is fully playable in multiplayer. Both players must have the same AUM-SHO version installed for multiplayer.

AUM-SHO Steam Group

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/aum-sho

I joined our TWC clan here: Total War Center Steam Clan for TWS2.

I updated the first page with all information and with the screenshots from LuckyLewis. Thanks a lot for your screens! +rep

Cheers and enjoy AUM-SHO 1.4!
    Swiss Halberdier

GasMask's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD - SHOGUN (AUM-SHO) - 1.4 - updated 25.3.11

GIGGGGIIIIITTTYYYYYYYYYY !

yes !

YES!

Thank you you dont know how much i am spazing out right now thank you so much for your efforts swiss thank you !

I really mean thank you i cant rep i have infraction points sorry but added you to list i am going to do a nice video with your mod is it ok with your permissions ? my channel has 76 thousand views at the moment .............?

Splendid

Thank you very much, Sir!

GasMask's Avatar Praeses

Feedback.

The new units are awesome i lined up some katana wako or samurai wako whatever you prefer to call them and pinned 3 ranks on there shoulders so they will stand a better chance they marched over the hill with just there armour no extra padding you can see there massive arms ! awesome i then started to engage my enemy 4 sets of ashiguru 4 sets of warrior monks 2 sets of samurai hero ! and my men did an excellent job however i lost the battle but it was one hell of a fight !.

That's from 1 unit you gave me more units to mess with the overall look of the units are excellent i dont think anyone other from swiss can do any better .

Overall 1.4 is awesome this will keep me going for months now thank you very much.

Great stuff keep it up mate XD

PS: possible to make Ninjas on battlefiled never to retreat ?

GasMask's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by whitewolfmxc View Post

You mean an ability?

I think swiss does that kind of thing for this mod but yes if for an ability it could be done for example morale is very high high enough for ninjas to die to the last man the ability could be called something on the line of .......

Never Back Down
    Silent Death
    Ninja war cry - With the ninja doing some kind of move with this obviously.

Anyway whatever you want im not that great with coming up with names sorry.

Choki's Avatar Domesticus

I Love you!!! The New units are great!

awesome! Terimakasih! (Thank you)

Great work Swiss! Thank you!
    Your reality sir, is lies and balderdash, and I'm happy to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever!

I like the new units added, is it possible to add others like the onna bushi? For boats: is it possible to add for custom battle, the black ship and others models of boats (european, commercial etc.)?

thanks!
    Last edited by panzerschreck; March 26, 2011 at 12:18 PM.

I Love you!!! The New units are great!
    Quote Originally Posted by soheisohei View Post
    awesome! Terimakasih! (Thank you)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tullius Tiro View Post
    Splendid
    Thank you very much, Sir!
    Quote Originally Posted by Good ole Reb View Post
    Great work Swiss! Thank you!
    Thanks a lot to all of you!

GIGGGGIIIIITTTYYYYYYYYYY !
    Thank you you dont know how much i am spazing out right now thank you so much for your efforts swiss thank you !

I really mean thank you i cant rep i have infraction points sorry but added you to list i am going to do a nice video with your mod is it ok with your permissions ? my channel has 76 thousand views at the moment .............?
    Hello MAG, my official screenshot and movie maker is LuckyLewis. If you want to do a video you can do that of course and please send me the link.

Feedback.
    The new units are awesome i lined up some katana wako or samurai wako whatever you prefer to call them and pinned 3 ranks on there shoulders so they will stand a better chance they marched over the hill with just there armour no extra padding you can see there massive arms ! awesome i then started to engage my enemy 4 sets of ashiguru 4 sets of warrior monks 2 sets of samurai hero ! and my men did an excellent job however i lost the battle but it was one hell of a fight !.

That's from 1 unit you gave me more units to mess with the overall look of the units are excellent i dont think anyone other from swiss can do any better .
    Overall 1.4 is awesome this will keep me going for months now thank you very much..
    Thanks MAG! I must clarify this here. I didn't create or re-texture these new unlocked units. These units are normal vanilla units, but they're very rare in the campaign and didn't show up in the custom battle too.

Quote Originally Posted by whitewolfmxc View Post
    You mean an ability?
    I think swiss does that kind of thing for this mod but yes if for an ability it could be done for example morale is very high high enough for ninjas to die to the last man the ability could be called something on the line of .......
    Never Back Down
    Silent Death
    Ninja war cry - With the ninja doing some kind of move with this obviously.
    Anyway whatever you want im not that great with coming up with names sorry.
    Thanks Whitewolf! These required changes are located in the unaccessible tables "units" and "unit_stats_land".

Quote Originally Posted by panzerschreck View Post
    I like the new units added, is it possible to add others like the onna bushi? For boats: is it possible to add for custom battle, the black ship and others models of boats (european, commercial etc.)? thanks!
    Thanks panzerschreck! As I wrote in my chamgelog I tried to unlock several other vanilla units like the "Onna Bushi", "Samurai Retainers" and several ships (european, comercial) too. But it didn't work and I know from my ETW/NTW experience that there is a column in the unaccessible "units_table" which controls the availability in custom battle.

Today our famous tool creator
    taw has released a new version of his DB<->TSV converter which makes several new db tables accessible. I can edit now the important table "building_units_allowed". In this table I can define the relations between campaign buildings and units.

AUM-SHO 1.4 is fully playable with DARTH VADER's new DMS 1.2.

I recommend to place AUM-SHO on top in the script file:
    mod aum_sho_mod.pack;
    mod darthmod_shogun.pack;

Cheers
    Swiss Halberdier

wolfbane751's Avatar Campidoctor

would it be possible to add the european ships to the naval battle in custom battles?

GasMask's Avatar Praeses

Thanks swiss i meant upload it on my channel sorry not be your movie maker .

It will take a while as i need to book some holidays at work .

Thanks swiss have a nice weekend.

ShogunTaisho101's Avatar Laetus

what are the string names for the add-on units: i only need the names for the wako units and the naginata monk cav.

Anyway, I assume that naginata warrior monk cavalry is also not recruitable in the campaign? I tried and couldnt find them