Page 15 of 62 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast

Thread: Additional Units Mod - Shogun (AUM-SHO) 2.8 - updated 31.12.17

Default Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD - SHOGUN (AUM-SHO) - 1.7 - updated 4.4.11

more unlocked units hurray!

Radious's Avatar I came, I saw, I modded

Quote Originally Posted by panzerschreck View Post
    this "unit limit in the custom battle" problem is a big issue, if we don't find a solution, it will block every possibily of adding new units like we did in ETW or NTW, where dozens of new units were added in the unit rooster.
    I don't know if CA made that for that, I hope not.

PS: swiss, perhaps it's possible to add onna bushi where there is some place like to matchlock units, expecting a better solution of course.
    Solution for this may not be in our hands, it looks like its hardcoded in the game. Only few tabs for few units, cant imagine we can add more or create there scroll bar as it is in campaign. Its annoying already now, what when we will have tons of custom units?

Quote Originally Posted by Wundwolf View Post
    @Radious: Looks good. Is it compatible with Darthmod?
    Should be Sir, i guess files used in AUM are same as i used, maybe i used bit less, so there should not be compatibility problem i hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Juuu View Post
    more unlocked units hurray!
    Thanks Juuu!

Quote Originally Posted by Puerkl8r View Post
    With the problems people are having with retainers, and onna bushi, it seems like it would be better to make them not recruitable in the campaign. the retainers are pretty redundant with normal katana samuri anyway, and It seems to me that it would be easier to make a separate unit of onna bushi based on the naginata samuri with different stats, assuming of course that you can make new units now.
    Hello Puerkl, before I remove these units I will try to make some changes. If I would make custom SR and OB, then I could fully control all costs, stats and behaviors. But these units aren't my priority custom units.

Quote Originally Posted by panzerschreck View Post
    this "unit limit in the custom battle" problem is a big issue, if we don't find a solution, it will block every possibily of adding new units like we did in ETW or NTW, where dozens of new units were added in the unit rooster.
    I don't know if CA made that for that, I hope not.
    PS: swiss, perhaps it's possible to add onna bushi where there is some place like to matchlock units, expecting a better solution of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by Radious View Post
    Solution for this may not be in our hands, it looks like its hardcoded in the game. Only few tabs for few units, cant imagine we can add more or create there scroll bar as it is in campaign. Its annoying already now, what when we will have tons of custom units?
    Hello panzerschreck and radious, oh yes this is a huge problem and the UI editing is out of reach at the moment. If CA releases their first unit-DLC's they must fix this.

The "scroll bar" is such a little thing to add into the UI, but they didn't...

This makes unit packs really useless in the custom battle screen. The players would have to manually set "True" and "False" entries like I wrote it in my how-to guide above. This is very annoying and uncomfortable.

I guess that the assignment of the units to the related rows is controlled by the "unit_class" or "unit_type". A change of these values is not recommended because the AI uses these classes and types for decisions.

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Looks like S2 has become unmoddable without the scroll bar were screwed!!

Let the riot begin? I've been saving up my party poppers and fireworks!

My opinion is that it would fit best if the Pirate units are only recruitable at the special pirate buildings like I did it in the first version.
    Completely in agreement. If they are available everywhere they are not only going to be recruited inland and other strange places, but they will be around in too great numbers. We are talking about pirates and other sorts of waterbased bandits. The amount of them that would offer their services to a daimyo that would otherwise love to kill them, would have been relatively low. So the pirate buildings should be required as a sort of 'clan sanctioned pirate organisation'.

Thanks for telling me how to remove the Samurai Retainers and OB from being recruitable. It's just my personal opinion that they should be used for defense only since we have enough sword units to deploy on the field.

Speaking of which, the upkeep cost of loan sword ashigaru is 48. I know I may be able to modify this on my own, but are you considering increasing their upkeep? Ashigaru spear and bows are at least 70+ upkeep per unit. Plus, they pretty much tear apart any of their ashigaru counterparts.

plissken3's Avatar Decanus

1.7 - thanks Swiss +REP
    WHY NOT TRY MY MODS BELOW - FOR EMPIRE & NAPOLEON
    here:BetterMusicMod& here:SharpeThemeMod
    & here:WarpathPictureMod

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

Maybe its an idea to distribute these unlocked units between the playable clans to create some variety in the rosters?

The monk cavalry and gunners could be available to the Uesegi (which ever the monk focused clan is) for example.
    Takeda could also have acces to the monk cavalry due to their focus on cavalry.
    The sword ashigaru could be recruiteable by factions that either specialize in sword units of some kind or ashigaru units.
    And so forth.

Might be off topic, but not sure at the moment. How do I get Fire Rocket units? Supposedly they come from the Arsenal, which is an upgrade of the Gunsmith. However, the Gunsmith is last in the line in the gunpowder tree, with no available upgrade on mouse over. So I'm perplexed. :s

I post this here because I'm having some slight suspicions I cannot find it due to the mods I have enabled; and the only mod that I have that affects units is this one.

Edit: Nevermind, fixed it.
    Last edited by Rakaija; April 04, 2011 at 10:54 PM.

Dynamo11's Avatar Domesticus

Any chance of incorporating the Naginata Ashigaru from Shogun: Realism mod?

Quote Originally Posted by ToonTotalWar View Post
    Looks like S2 has become unmoddable without the scroll bar were screwed!!
    I'm feeling like this while I think about this issue!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dalkar View Post
    Let the riot begin? I've been saving up my party poppers and fireworks!

Quote Originally Posted by Kraxis View Post
    Completely in agreement. If they are available everywhere they are not only going to be recruited inland and other strange places, but they will be around in too great numbers. We are talking about pirates and other sorts of waterbased bandits. The amount of them that would offer their services to a daimyo that would otherwise love to kill them, would have been relatively low. So the pirate buildings should be required as a sort of 'clan sanctioned pirate organisation'.
    Hello Kraxis, yes I will check this properly and remove them again. As the new PFM can edit AUM-SHO tables, all users can customize AUM-SHO to their flavor.

Quote Originally Posted by Babaganoush View Post
    Thanks for telling me how to remove the Samurai Retainers and OB from being recruitable. It's just my personal opinion that they should be used for defense only since we have enough sword units to deploy on the field.
    Speaking of which, the upkeep cost of loan sword ashigaru is 48. I know I may be able to modify this on my own, but are you considering increasing their upkeep? Ashigaru spear and bows are at least 70+ upkeep per unit. Plus, they pretty much tear apart any of their ashigaru counterparts.
    Hello Babaganoush, AUM-SHO doesn't change the costs of the "Loan Sword Ashigaru" unit. This value is defined either by vanilla or by a compilation mod which you use.

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman One View Post
    Maybe its an idea to distribute these unlocked units between the playable clans to create some variety in the rosters?
    The monk cavalry and gunners could be available to the Uesegi (which ever the monk focused clan is) for example.
    Takeda could also have acces to the monk cavalry due to their focus on cavalry.
    The sword ashigaru could be recruiteable by factions that either specialize in sword units of some kind or ashigaru units.
    And so forth.
    Hello Inhuman One, sounds interesting and could be done later.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakaija View Post
    Might be off topic, but not sure at the moment. How do I get Fire Rocket units? Supposedly they come from the Arsenal, which is an upgrade of the Gunsmith. However, the Gunsmith is last in the line in the gunpowder tree, with no available upgrade on mouse over. So I'm perplexed. :s

I post this here because I'm having some slight suspicions I cannot find it due to the mods I have enabled; and the only mod that I have that affects units is this one.
    Hello Rakaija, yes the "Fire Rocket" unit should be recruitable at the arsenal building. But AUM-SHO only adds the "rank fire" ability and changes no other values of this unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo11 View Post
    Any chance of incorporating the Naginata Ashigaru from Shogun: Realism mod?
    Hello Dynamo, I'm in contact with Agostinos and we share our experience. I don't know if I will get the permission. But I think I will create an own version of it later.

I just saw two units invade my Shogun installation!!!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Bow Warrior Monks Cavalry

Yari Warrior Monks

Thanks for reply Swiss
    Thanks Mastergood! Do you mean that the "Garrison" spawned units disappear after a castle siege? This would be normal. Or do you mean that your own recruited units disappear?
    I mean the recruited unit not spawned
    Before Battle

After Battle

Last edited by MasterGood; April 05, 2011 at 12:25 AM.
    My Youtube Channel https://goo.gl/LVoY5I

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGood View Post
    Thanks for reply Swiss
    I mean the recruited unit not spawned
    Before Battle

After Battle

Thanks for the screenshots! That clarifies it now. The "Samurai Retainers" and "Onna Bushi" have the special "garrison unit status". It seems that after a siege battle the recruited SR and OB will be removed like the "garrison spawned" versions from vanilla. I know how to disable the "garrison unit status", but then the SR and OB will not spawn anymore automatically at siege battles. After normal land battles these units don't disappear though.

That's a problem now. A possible solution could be that I will create custom versions of the SR and OB which I can fully control and set all values.

Thanks for the screenshots! That clarifies it now. The "Samurai Retainers" and "Onna Bushi" have the special "garrison unit status". It seems that after a siege battle the recruited SR and OB will be removed like the "garrison spawned" versions from vanilla. I know how to disable the "garrison unit status", but then the SR and OB will not spawn anymore automatically at siege battles. After normal land battles these units don't disappear though.

That's a problem now. A possible solution could be that I will create custom versions of the SR and OB which I can fully control and set all values.
    Actually that's my opinion too, maybe you can create SRG(Samurai Retainers Garrison) and OBG(Onna Bushi Garrison)

Sorry for my bad English
    My Youtube Channel https://goo.gl/LVoY5I

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGood View Post
    Actually that's my opinion too, maybe you can create SRG(Samurai Retainers Garrison) and OBG(Onna Bushi Garrison)
    Sorry for my bad English
    The vanilla garrison SR and OB will be like they are in vanilla. The compilation mods can adjust them and the AI uses them normally like in vanilla.

The custom AUM SR and OB would be fully under my control and recruitable in the campaign. I could adjust the unit sizes too. This would be the solution for the disappearing of "campaign recruited" SR and OB.

I updated my tutorial below and made a section on the first page here too. Each section contains an info text under the title. There you can see which AUM mods (ETW/NAP/SHO) can be edited with the example.

http://www.twcenter.net/wiki/How_to_...Unit_Pack_Mods

Thanks a lot Swiss, good work there . But still no uesugi naginata warrior monk hero?

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Halberdier View Post

I made my new Garrison mod to fix this issue, removed OB and SR from garrison but added new hidden garrison unit which was until today only for Ikko-Ikki - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=441104

OB + SR should now stop dissapearing, since they are not anymore as garrisons in castles.

Quote Originally Posted by soheisohei View Post
    Thanks a lot Swiss, good work there . But still no uesugi naginata warrior monk hero?
    Thanks sohei, unfortunately the special monk hero units are strangely locked somehow. All related entries are in the vanilla files but they don't show up. I'm in contact with other modders who experienced the same.