Page 14 of 62 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast

Thread: Additional Units Mod - Shogun (AUM-SHO) 2.8 - updated 31.12.17

Default Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD - SHOGUN (AUM-SHO) - 1.7 - updated 4.4.11

Plz tell me which folder i should extract those file to ?

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

DOnt know if you noticed swiss but pfm now edits the remaining tables so you should be able to make new units (units stats land, uniforms)

Thanks a lot Swiss!

thanks for the mod Swiss +++rep

just 1 question >>my onna bushi and samurai retainer (not garrisoned unit) is disappear after defending settlement?

not disappear if i'm fight not in the settlement

sorry for my bad english
    Last edited by MasterGood; April 04, 2011 at 10:09 AM.
    My Youtube Channel https://goo.gl/LVoY5I

thanks swiss! Will you try to create accurate units in custom units, I think it's important if you want that everybody could use your mod!

to see some historical units there is a thread on it and you can look to the osprey publications: for example there is a special one on ashiguru warriors.

JFC's Avatar Lieutenant

Swiss, fantastic work mate, , however, some honest criticism: the Retainers are now spamming the enemy armies, which ain't very good mate.

Radious's Avatar I came, I saw, I modded

Quote Originally Posted by ♔JFC♔ View Post
    Swiss, fantastic work mate, , however, some honest criticism: the Retainers are now spamming the enemy armies, which ain't very good mate.
    In my version i placed them to castles from Level 3. I think thats bit better to prevent AI early spam of these units.

Birk's Avatar Centenarius

Possible to get the ship unlock for custom battles only?
    Birk Von Norway

Will these work with All-in One mod?

The Great War Mod for NTW!

I can't disband Onna Bushi and Samurai Retainers.How can I disband them?
    Edit:Mori Clan haven't got Nanban trade ship. Anyway great mod!
    Last edited by Philippe12; April 04, 2011 at 12:55 PM.

Capricornius's Avatar Civis

Anyway you and the creators of Shogun 2 Realism can reach some sort of compatibility? Would love to use this.
    When the enemy advances, withdraw; when he stops, harass; when he tires, strike; when he retreats, pursue. ~ Mao Zedong

TheJian's Avatar Miles

Unlike so many others you dont try to do it all, but what you do is done so very well.. I should make a mod and put your work in and call it mine its that ez....................lol
    Rep
    Boys want quantity, while men seek quality.
    Mere external facts cannot serve as a ground of reasoning.
    What we are able to learn is greatly dependent upon what we already know. Different people with different amounts of information will UNDERSTAND different.
    "That until you understand white supremacy everything else will confuse you" ~Neely Fuller~
    There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all argument, and which cannot fail to keep a man in ever lasting ignorance. This principle is contempt prior to examination.
    They came before Columbus - Dr Ivan Van Sertima

Wundwolf's Avatar Tiro

Hi swiss!

In my campaign the AI spams wakos and ronins. What about moving them to the second tier of the required buildings? So they would not appear so often and require research.
    Apart from this great work. I love to see some variation.

Radious's Avatar I came, I saw, I modded

Quote Originally Posted by Wundwolf View Post
    Hi swiss!

In my campaign the AI spams wakos and ronins. What about moving them to the second tier of the required buildings? So they would not appear so often and require research.
    For this is my version units mod Sir - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=440070

Main differences are exactly in unit tier requirements.

Wundwolf's Avatar Tiro

@Radious: Looks good. Is it compatible with Darthmod?
    Last edited by Wundwolf; April 04, 2011 at 03:14 PM.

Looks good. Is it compatible with Darthmod?
    Yes,sure I'm using it with DarthMod

Wundwolf's Avatar Tiro

Not the AUM, this was directed at Radious mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Qintar View Post
    Thanks, Swiss! You rock!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecka65 View Post
    Outstanding work! Thankyou! Such a pleasure to have a sword option to deal with bloody Yari!
    +++rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Gloster II View Post
    thx a lot Swiss, love your mods since i played empire total war, this aum in Shogun 2 is again awesome work
    Quote Originally Posted by Philippe12 View Post
    Thanks a lot Swiss!
    Thanks a lot to all of you for your nice words!

Quote Originally Posted by Arcani 4 Ever View Post
    1.7 update its awesome!...i was able to recruit the black ship XD...a lol bit disappointed that the new ships werent added for custom battles...but i hope that gets fixed for update 1.8 XD...
    Thanks Arcani! The new unlocked ships should be available in custom battle. Please place the AUM-SHO entry "aum_sho_mod.pack" on top of your script file.

Quote Originally Posted by IGdood View Post
    I just realized that there's no Encyclopedia page for some of the units, namely the Monk Cavalry and the Wako units. Dammit CA!
    Hello IGdood, yes several other pages aren't included too.

Quote Originally Posted by Deus6783 View Post
    I'm all for new units, but the balance seems off. Wako and ronin units are better than samurai and recruit in 1 turn instead of two. Also, every city can now recruit powerful units since pretty much every city has a sake den and/or a market, if they don't have a bunch of samurai buildings. Also, there's not really a big reason to have new units if they're the exact same as another unit, or just a better version of another unit. I realize there's not a lot of room for variety or uniqueness in this timeframe, but there should be some differences in armor, morale, speed, or defence or something, so the player may have to think about what kind of unit he wants. While I do like the additional options, with the current setup every city can build badass units, so there isnt much reason for focusing a fortress to be a troop production center, because every city pretty much becomes one.
    Also, maybe a bug, but wako archers cost 300 upkeep? Other wako/ronin/samurai are nowhere near that.
    Hello Deus, if you see the old 300 upkeep on the Bow Wako, then some other "units" table is overwriting AUM-SHO. I decreased the upkeep of this unit. Please place the AUM-SHO entry "aum_sho_mod.pack" on top of your script file.

Quote Originally Posted by Capricornius View Post
    Anyway you and the creators of Shogun 2 Realism can reach some sort of compatibility? Would love to use this.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobucks View Post
    Deus6783, well, I share the same complaints, the problem was really shown in the last version, seeing the CAI recruiting full stacks of bow wako, however, I believe these problems are fixed, or less noticable, since the newest version introduces unit caps on the new units the AI can build. So once the AI reaches that cap, they will (in theory) start regular recruitment. So by the mid campaign things will balance out. I cant wait to try this out, but I want to try S2Realism, and this mod would kind of throw that one out of balance. But when I go back to Darthmod, this will be so installed with it!
    Hello Capricornius and mobucks, you can use AUM-SHO with SR2, but several tweaks are redundant. SR2 is a "movie-type" file that loads after AUM-SHO and overwrites all related entries.

Quote Originally Posted by Babaganoush View Post
    Thanks Swiss but I dont think Samurai Retainers should be recruitable imo. One army of them can wipe out a bunch of loansword ashigaru. It was disturbing lol.
    Hello Babaganoush, just remove all "Samurai Retainers" entries with the PFM in these tables.

aum_van_building_units_allowed
    aum_van_units
    aum_van_units_to_groupings_military_permissions

Quote Originally Posted by BloodyMary66 View Post
    Plz tell me which folder i should extract those file to ?
    C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data

Quote Originally Posted by Birk View Post
    Possible to get the ship unlock for custom battles only?
    Hello Birk, no I don't want to release a special "ship only" unlock version. You could use the latest PFM and remove all rows in all db tables that aren't related to ships. This solution should work.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGood View Post
    thanks for the mod Swiss +++rep
    just 1 question >>my onna bushi and samurai retainer (not garrisoned unit) is disappear after defending settlement?
    not disappear if i'm fight not in the settlement
    sorry for my bad english
    Thanks Mastergood! Do you mean that the "Garrison" spawned units disappear after a castle siege? This would be normal. Or do you mean that your own recruited units disappear?

Quote Originally Posted by Philippe12 View Post
    I can't disband Onna Bushi and Samurai Retainers.How can I disband them?
    Edit:Mori Clan haven't got Nanban trade ship. Anyway great mod!
    Hello Philippe, I will include the special Mori Nanban trade ship. I have to look at this strange issue with the OB and SR.

Hi swiss!
    Thanks Wundwolf! I will fix that.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔JFC♔ View Post
    Thanks my friend! I will fix that.

Quote Originally Posted by Radious View Post
    In my version i placed them to castles from Level 3. I think thats bit better to prevent AI early spam of these units.
    Hello Radious, yes I think that will help a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by panzerschreck View Post
    thanks swiss! Will you try to create accurate units in custom units, I think it's important if you want that everybody could use your mod!
    to see some historical units there is a thread on it and you can look to the osprey publications: for example there is a special one on ashiguru warriors.
    Thanks panzerschreck! Yes I will do that.

Quote Originally Posted by familyguy1 View Post
    Will these work with All-in One mod?
    ToonTotalWar always includes my latest version into his All-in-One. Please read the changelog there.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJian View Post
    Unlike so many others you dont try to do it all, but what you do is done so very well.. I should make a mod and put your work in and call it mine its that ez....................lol
    Rep
    Thanks Jian!

Quote Originally Posted by The Hedge Knight View Post
    DOnt know if you noticed swiss but pfm now edits the remaining tables so you should be able to make new units (units stats land, uniforms)
    Thanks my friend! I was very surprised as I saw it.

Here are my thoughts about the next tweaks based on my own experience and on the feedback here too:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Samurai Retainers > castle level 3,4,5

Onna Bushi > castle level 3,4,5
    The Onna Bushi will be removed from custom battle, because the "Katana Hero" is hidden now because of the "unit limit in the custom battle" problem.

Katana Ronin / Yari Ronin > market level 2,3,4 and they require at least a castle level 2

Katana Wako / Bow Wako > all pirate buildings and "sake" level 2

My opinion is that it would fit best if the Pirate units are only recruitable at the special pirate buildings like I did it in the first version.

Mori Nanban trade ship
    > will be available in custom battle

Red Seal trade ship
    > will be removed from custom battle to make space for the missing Cannon Bune. Because of the "unit limit in the custom battle" problem.

Here is a how-to fix the missing "Cannon Bune" and "Katana Hero" with the the latest Pack File Manager 1.6.4 beta.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

1. open the aum_sho_mod.pack
    2. go to the table "aum_van_units"
    3. scroll to the right until you see the "Early availability" column. I marked the related columns of the ships in the screenshot.
    4. choose one ship which you want to remove from the custom battle screen to get the "Cannon Bune" back.

"Trade_Ship_Red_Seal_Ship"
    "Medium_Ship_Wako_Medium_Bune"

Change the three marked columns from "True" to "False".

5. change the three columns of the "Onna Bushi"
    from "True" to "False" to get the "Katana Hero" back into the custom battle screen.

With the problems people are having with retainers, and onna bushi, it seems like it would be better to make them not recruitable in the campaign. the retainers are pretty redundant with normal katana samuri anyway, and It seems to me that it would be easier to make a separate unit of onna bushi based on the naginata samuri with different stats and the onna bushi models and sounds, assuming of course that you can make new units now.
    Last edited by Puerkl8r; April 04, 2011 at 04:43 PM.

this "unit limit in the custom battle" problem is a big issue, if we don't find a solution, it will block every possibily of adding new units like we did in ETW or NTW, where dozens of new units were added in the unit rooster.
    I don't know if CA made that for that, I hope not.

PS: swiss, perhaps it's possible to add onna bushi where there is some place like to matchlock units, expecting a better solution of course.
    Last edited by panzerschreck; April 04, 2011 at 03:38 PM.