Page 10 of 62 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819203560 ... LastLast

Thread: Additional Units Mod - Shogun (AUM-SHO) 2.8 - updated 31.12.17

Default Re: ADDITIONAL UNITS MOD - SHOGUN (AUM-SHO) - 1.6 - updated 30.3.11

woot found it!

Radious's Avatar I came, I saw, I modded

Little feedback as you asked Sir:

AI as we know from some reason loves archers, but for player its mostly annoying to fight agaisnt so many archer stacks. Solutions can be 2 - one is change somehow AI priority to do not create so many archers (but thats not your mod about) or change buildings where archers are produced - i noticed that AI loves Bow asigaru and new Bow Wako. AI very often builds in its citties market + ninja building, so maybe move pirate units to some other structure will reduce the amount of them.

Same as i would place bow asigaru to archery dojo i would place sword asigaru to main castle, thats just switch i would prefer since sword asigaru is basic units with pretty lame stats.

Last thing is about Ronins, i do not think that market is best building for them - first AI can spam them as i said they love to build markets, second - markets except level 1 cost food which you never have enough So maybe put Yari Ronin to Yari dojo and Katana Ronin to Katana Dojo with all exp rewards from those buildings and techs upgrades.

Just my 2 cents.

Thanks you for AUM-SHO Swiss Halberdier , the MOD makes the difference in Shogun 2 and that's why probably 95% of Shogun 2 players will always use it! Having more units really makes the game better, specially, because it gives you a larger choice which in terms of gameplay is vital.

I have however one small question for you, is it possible to make a new unit from an existing model changing the textures? The reason I'm asking is because it seems like making new models may not be easy, however if we have the possibility to change textures and than apply them to an existing model and make a new unit we may this way increase the unit variety dramatically.

ty.

KaMy's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Radious View Post
    Same as i would place bow asigaru to archery dojo i would place sword asigaru to main castle, thats just switch i would prefer since sword asigaru is basic units with pretty lame stats.
    I don't really like the idea, Dojo's should only be used for advanced units aka Samurai who are refining their skills in watever domain (bow / cavalry / spear / sword).

Last thing is about Ronins, i do not think that market is best building for them - first AI can spam them as i said they love to build markets, second - markets except level 1 cost food which you never have enough So maybe put Yari Ronin to Yari dojo and Katana Ronin to Katana Dojo with all exp rewards from those buildings and techs upgrades.
    I'm kinda like you but i'll even say to use both of them, market + Yari / Katana Dojo to restrain both the AI & the player, if you really want to have Ronin who are a lot better than their Samurai counterpart you've got to earn it. To explain it like for before, a Dojo to give them reasons for training let's say and a market because has they are masterless so you've got to earn their loyalty.

Sorry for any misspell.

Edit: By the way, sweet mod from you Swiss Halberdier.
    Last edited by KaMy; March 31, 2011 at 08:03 AM. Reason: Spelling.

Quote Originally Posted by KaMy View Post
    I don't really like the idea, Dojo's should only be used for advanced units aka Samurai who are refining their skills in watever domain (bow / cavalry / spear / sword).

I'm kinda like you but i'll even say to use both of them, market + Yari / Katana Dojo to restrain both the AI & the player, if you really want to have Ronin who are a lot better than their Samurai counterpart you've got to earn it. To explain it like for before, a Dojo to give them reasons for training let's say and a market because has their are masterless so you've got to earn their loyalty.

Sorry for any misspell.

With bow Asigaru i dont have problem, its just annoying when AI spams them because they are basic unit in every type of castle in every city, so that would prevent AI to spamming them and repalce them for example with Sword Asigaru, or maybe if Swiss add sword asigaru to castle aswell it may push AI to do not spam just yari and bow asigaru.

Ronins in Katana and Yari dojos could be as i said, but in my opinion without market since market takes a lot from food so you cant afford more of them or you cant upgrade your castles much.

Ronins are not so much better, if you look on stats they are like 5-10% better but they have only 120 men per squad and normal Yari/Katana Samurais have 160, so their effectivnes is practicaly same.

KaMy's Avatar Foederatus

If Swiss add sword asigaru to castle aswell it may push AI to do not spam just yari and bow asigaru.
    Same opinion here, Loan Sword Ashigaru should be added in the main roaster of units and not require a Sword School like others Ashigaru and this for the logic of the Ashigaru as a whole, low class, but imediatly avalaible units and maybe restrain the AI to use archers (i'm not quite sure it will be effective though because the AI seems to be very fond of archers so it may be a change to do in her behavior).

Ronins in Katana and Yari dojos could be as i said, but in my opinion without market since market takes a lot from food so you cant afford more of them or you cant upgrade your castles much.

Ronins are not so much better, if you look on stats they are like 5-10% better but they have only 120 men per squad and normal Yari/Katana Samurais have 160, so their effectivnes is practicaly same.
    It's debatable and both could be used, mine is quite more a pain because it "costs" you a slot but that's all, you don't need to improve it to the last level and a level one market a food free.

And giving to the market this all in one ability doesnt seem right (imho). See that as the same for the recruiting of cavalry, you need both the Stables and Yari Dojo / Sword School.

The only really good thing that comes from that is more diversity for the army as a Chi focused player, but i like the idea of being forced to be a balanced player to use them. I would even prevent the possibility to buy them with a level 1 market to push it more but in the other end they would directly be a level 2 unit to reflect the idea that they are actually skilled fighters and compensate the "need" to be average in both arts.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Jentlemen you have done a real interesting unit pack.
    One humble detail though.
    Naginata was not a pike or spear. It was a hybrid weapon more like an extended sword rather as a short spear.
    See the Game's intro video.
    Naginata was a realy strange weapon. Some of it uses reminds us long axe ,some others double handed sword and only few remind us a spear.
    Certainly not a pike!
    SII nagianta animations are just fine as they are and there is no need to make the naginata troops the superior defenders!
    They were shock troops !!!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

THANK YOU FOR THE MOD! the game plays much better!!!
    I have one question, do you think you could add the Takeda Great Guard in the SP? You cant recruit great guard or takeda great guard with Takeda clan once you become shogun.

Quote Originally Posted by tamerinio View Post
    I have one question, do you think you could add the Takeda Great Guard in the SP? You cant recruit great guard or takeda great guard with Takeda clan once you become shogun.
    You can have only 2 squads of Great Guard at the same time (shame in my opinion).

Dee Jay's Avatar I'm gone....

Good mod Swiss, + rep.

But might I ask what exactly are Ronin and Wako?

ronin are masterless samurai and wako are pirates and thieves....

awesome mod...i would like it if u unlock the black ship and nanban trade ships for custom battles...that would be cool

is it perhaps possible to make a separate file without the addition of abilities to vanilla units?

How can one go about removing the ronin? I liked having them as they were, a special unit that can be hired or not. Sorta seems silly to me to train them, if I train them then they aren't really ronin, their just samurai.

Is this compatible with Shogun 2 Realism Mod?

You can have only 2 squads of Great Guard at the same time (shame in my opinion).
    I know that you can have two units of great guard only. The thing is Takeda get one "Regular" Great Guard when becoming shogun and cannot get the additional Great Guard that they are supposed to (and "Takeda" great guard is not even present in SP, although it exists for MP).

I will comment these questions and suggestions this weekend. Please be patient.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by flopsies View Post
    I also reccomend adding more variety to ashigaru yari. Yaris didnt always have hooks, and ashigaru didnt always wear farmer hats, they also wore bandana things and zunari helmets. You also put sunburst standards in some units. Yari, matchlock, and yumi Samurai should also have the same attack stats, because all Samurai were very proficient with the katana.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevalier IX View Post
    I like the idea of recruitable female units,as recent archaeology has revealed this was indeed the case,as no less than 3 battlefield excavations DNA tests have shown that on the average out of every 100 bodies found upwards of 35 were women...and keep in mind these were field burials not a siege or otherwise
    Quote Originally Posted by flopsies View Post
    oh, and swiss halberdier, you should add an ability to all units called onigidi (rice balls). They always carried around, so it could increase morale while reducing movement/fatigue speed (They'll get to chubby if they eat to many!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shabby_Ronin View Post
    Is there anyway to make the matchlock monks recruitable?
    Quote Originally Posted by Baleurion View Post
    Taisho (sorry i cant write the line above the o on my swedish keyboard, but i can write たいしょう instead if it makes up for it? ;D)
    Isn't what you are asking for, precisely what the Naginata Samurai is for? A middle between Yari samurai and Katana samurai, not as good as the katana against infantry, and not as good as the Yari against cavalry, bot very good against both in the sense that you can use the same unit for both roles.
    A weaker version of Yari Samurai but better against infantry, not as good against cavalry as Yari
    Unless you specifically request the Yari Samurai weapon model, rather than a unit with the stats you asked for
    Quote Originally Posted by ♔ brucedickenson♔ View Post
    This is looking good so far! Some suggestions

Crossbow ashigaru (if someone can make it)
    Dual katana samuri/hero?
    Mounted matchlock samuri
    Quote Originally Posted by Taishō View Post
    ok, here comes another unrealistic proposal. Please refer from throwing stones at me before I get a chance to run away... ^^
    Perhaps we could have a unit of Ashigaru using the Model of the current Ashigaru but with the animations and the weapon model (if those are seperate again?) of the Yari Samurai.
    The Unit would be the weaker version of the Yari Samurai and better against other infantry, but not as good against cavalry as the Ashigaru with the longer Yari. Somewhere between the current Spear Ashigaru and the "Loansword Ashigaru"....
    Quote Originally Posted by soheisohei View Post
    YOU ARE AWESOME! THANKS!
    Quote Originally Posted by ShogunTaisho101 View Post
    If I may make a suggestion Swiss about custom units in terms stats mostly (you probably already have this mind already). Two of these unit suggestions have been posted already and another request is from me.

Peasants -
    Majority of their stats are low, special ability is throwing bombs (reference to Kessen 3 Mattock units), the cheapest units to recruit in the game. They should have a farming tool in be used as a weapon.

Xbow Ashigaru -
    Recruitment cost, Range, and all other stats should be between/average of a bow and matchlock ashigaru, also has the fire arrows and fire rank special abilities. (Definately would like to see these units make a comeback)

Ashigaru/Light Skirmishers -
    Never throw spears, primary weapons should be either a short spear or a katana, moderate in melee defence, low in melee attack, IF a short spear is the weapon then a spear wall special ability, they are slow wearing the lightest armor carrying a wooden shield and a bladed weapon. Mongol Invasion inspired. Visually just either use a light cavalry model (dismounted) or an ashigaru model and add a shield.

Or on a side note you could combine suggestion 1 and 3 visually and statistically.
    Little feedback as you asked Sir:
    AI as we know from some reason loves archers, but for player its mostly annoying to fight agaisnt so many archer stacks. Solutions can be 2 - one is change somehow AI priority to do not create so many archers (but thats not your mod about) or change buildings where archers are produced - i noticed that AI loves Bow asigaru and new Bow Wako. AI very often builds in its citties market + ninja building, so maybe move pirate units to some other structure will reduce the amount of them.

Just my 2 cents.
    With bow Asigaru i dont have problem, its just annoying when AI spams them because they are basic unit in every type of castle in every city, so that would prevent AI to spamming them and repalce them for example with Sword Asigaru, or maybe if Swiss add sword asigaru to castle aswell it may push AI to do not spam just yari and bow asigaru.

I'm kinda like you but i'll even say to use both of them, market + Yari / Katana Dojo to restrain both the AI & the player, if you really want to have Ronin who are a lot better than their Samurai counterpart you've got to earn it. To explain it like for before, a Dojo to give them reasons for training let's say and a market because has they are masterless so you've got to earn their loyalty.

Sorry for any misspell.

Same opinion here, Loan Sword Ashigaru should be added in the main roaster of units and not require a Sword School like others Ashigaru and this for the logic of the Ashigaru as a whole, low class, but imediatly avalaible units and maybe restrain the AI to use archers (i'm not quite sure it will be effective though because the AI seems to be very fond of archers so it may be a change to do in her behavior).

It's debatable and both could be used, mine is quite more a pain because it "costs" you a slot but that's all, you don't need to improve it to the last level and a level one market a food free.

And giving to the market this all in one ability doesnt seem right (imho). See that as the same for the recruiting of cavalry, you need both the Stables and Yari Dojo / Sword School.

The only really good thing that comes from that is more diversity for the army as a Chi focused player, but i like the idea of being forced to be a balanced player to use them. I would even prevent the possibility to buy them with a level 1 market to push it more but in the other end they would directly be a level 2 unit to reflect the idea that they are actually skilled fighters and compensate the "need" to be average in both arts.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    Jentlemen you have done a real interesting unit pack.
    One humble detail though.
    Naginata was not a pike or spear. It was a hybrid weapon more like an extended sword rather as a short spear.
    See the Game's intro video.
    Naginata was a realy strange weapon. Some of it uses reminds us long axe ,some others double handed sword and only few remind us a spear.
    Certainly not a pike!
    SII nagianta animations are just fine as they are and there is no need to make the naginata troops the superior defenders!
    They were shock troops !!!
    I know that you can have two units of great guard only. The thing is Takeda get one "Regular" Great Guard when becoming shogun and cannot get the additional Great Guard that they are supposed to (and "Takeda" great guard is not even present in SP, although it exists for MP).

Quote Originally Posted by Frank9Diesel View Post
    woot found it!
    Good!

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Jay View Post
    Good mod Swiss, + rep.
    But might I ask what exactly are Ronin and Wako?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcani 4 Ever View Post
    ronin are masterless samurai and wako are pirates and thieves....
    awesome mod...i would like it if u unlock the black ship and nanban trade ships for custom battles...that would be cool
    Thanks Dee J and Arcani! Yes I want these ships too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilarium View Post
    How can one go about removing the ronin? I liked having them as they were, a special unit that can be hired or not. Sorta seems silly to me to train them, if I train them then they aren't really ronin, their just samurai.
    I played several campaigns and they didn't show up often. If you mean that the recruitment of the Ronin units is silly just don't play my mod. After a working PFM is available you can easily customize AUM-SHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Skaven View Post
    Thanks you for AUM-SHO Swiss Halberdier , the MOD makes the difference in Shogun 2 and that's why probably 95% of Shogun 2 players will always use it! Having more units really makes the game better, specially, because it gives you a larger choice which in terms of gameplay is vital.

I have however one small question for you, is it possible to make a new unit from an existing model changing the textures? The reason I'm asking is because it seems like making new models may not be easy, however if we have the possibility to change textures and than apply them to an existing model and make a new unit we may this way increase the unit variety dramatically.
    ty.
    Thanks a lot for your nice words Skaven! It's possible to customize the "unit_variant" files (these files assign the unit parts on the unit). And it's possible to change the textures. But it's not possible to edit directly a model yet.

Quote Originally Posted by BelisariusThe7th View Post
    is it perhaps possible to make a separate file without the addition of abilities to vanilla units?
    Hello Belisarius, here is a how-to remove the additional abilities of the vanilla units in AUM-SHO.

1. download the latest
    Pack File Manager
    2. open the file aum_sho_mod.pack
    3. open the db folder
    4. remove the table "aum_unit_to_unit_abilities_junctions"
    5. save

Quote Originally Posted by mingdatang View Post
    Is this compatible with Shogun 2 Realism Mod?
    Quote Originally Posted by nmlsslbrty View Post
    hello, i'm new to this forum and i'm eager to use your mod
    does it work fine with Shogun 2 Realism mod? sorry if this question is a repetition one
    Hello ming and nmlss, yes I tested it yesterday and it is fully playable.

nmlsslbrty's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Halberdier View Post
    Hello ming and nmlss, yes I tested it yesterday and it is fully playable.
    thank you so much swiss, fast and nice response for my question..
    +rep for you

Installed this a few hours ago. I noticed Wako Bow have an upkeep cost of 300 (way steep), Yari Ronin have an upkeep of 100 (a bit too good?) and imported matchlock have 0 upkeep. I'm using this with Darthmod.
    Last edited by Dagda; April 01, 2011 at 08:28 AM.

I am wondering if anyone else has this issue. I tried to use Loan Sword Ashigaru and every time it loads the battle it crashes if I remove Loan Sword Ashigaru it works fine? Any ideas? This is on a Uesugi campaign.

Excellent mod. It adds a lot of variation to the campaign. Thank you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dagda View Post
    Installed this a few hours ago. I noticed Wako Bow have an upkeep cost of 300 (way steep), Yari Ronin have an upkeep of 100 (a bit too good?) and imported matchlock have 0 upkeep. I'm using this with Darthmod.
    I second that motion. Wako bow units have (with the exceptions of their moral) worse stats than bow ashigaru, but are prohibitively expensive to keep. On the contrary yari ronin cost less upkeep per men than yari samurai and have superior stats. Basically, the only advantage yari samurai have left is their bigger unit size and the cheaper initial prize. It is no longer worth recruiting them!

If you are able to change upkeep costs this might be worth looking into.