Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Fixed AI Custom Battle - 100% Unscripted

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

Icon10 Fixed AI Custom Battle - 100% Unscripted

Fixed AI Custom Battle - 100% Unscripted

First, check out my Battle Report of my first battle with this mod, if you haven't already. It will highlight the basics of what/when/where/how/why.

Second, DOWNLOAD it and have a go for yourself.

Third, DO NOT come rushing back here like some 6 year old cause you want to be the first to post you beat the AI "caus ur so l33t"... it's sad and you'll look like an idiot.

Fourth, Play on a Hard Setting. Remeber that Hard/Very Hard are the ones designed to be Hard. That's what we are after here, a hard AI. Normal and Easy probably won't pose a challenge. If your playing on Normal or god forbid you play on Easy, you have no right to critisize the AI.

Finaly, Enjoy it! My first battle with this was one of the most fun battles I'v had in Total War for a long time. Mainly because I lost.

TO INSTALL

1) Extract the .pack file.
    2) Place the .pack in your Data folder.
    3) Remove all other Battle mods.
    4) Play the game!

Thanks to 'The Hedge Knight for editting the flat land.

Zipzopdippidybopbop's Avatar Barred from the Local

Default Re: Fixed AI Custom Battle - 100% Unscripted

Fantastic - will give it a stab now and let you know how it turns out!

Neoton's Avatar Ordinarius

+rep! You are amazing!

I must spread, before repping you again...

yes!!

3rd post! opps

sorry about double post, too excited
    Last edited by Silverfern; March 01, 2011 at 10:15 AM. Reason: double post :S

Yay

Thanks Mitch

Thank you! Testing now :-) Hope I will lose

♔Oggie♔'s Avatar Senator

Siunds good Mitch old chap I'll most certainly try it out.

Downloading now , Im assuming that we run the historical battle?

Neoton's Avatar Ordinarius

^Yes, but the rivers aren't there any more(can't say the same for the docks )
    The AI is amazing, I am waithing for 18th(my local shop is too slow)! And I was about to beat it, but my general got into the big melee and... mass rout!
    BEST AI EVER!

Thanks , Im just testing now ... they look too clever

Birk's Avatar Centenarius

What did you do?

I kinda fixed the AI here too, but all i did was changing the army width.

Last edited by Birk; March 01, 2011 at 10:40 AM.

Well Done!

Great experience!

Tested in on hard. My setup was pure defence all Ashigaru Bowmen (walls setup) in the first line right and left flanked by a spearman unit. The weak point was the far right flank where the Bowman wasnt secured by Spearman. For compensation i setup 2 units of cav nearby, left flank was just reinforced by one cav unit. The AI attacked very coordinated and when he cames into arrow distance the yari cav broke formation and attack both flanks. I was very surprised and couldnt effort the cav right in time to intercept the yaris. They do alot of damage but the line stood! so my cavalry charged right into the yari backs and salughter them. At the same time the AI started a concentrated attack on the left flank. Iquickly gather all samurais and countertattack them while the spearmans from the right charge them in the flank. My line holds! And when the cavalry joins too the fight was decided.

I guess the key to win was the moral and fighting boost ability from my shogun. On a normal setup i really would have lost the hole match by the first yari encounter.

apo_hd's Avatar Libertus

Why Birk is playing Day battle, and the one I've dl from Mitch's post was night fight?
    ASUS P8Z68-V | i5-3470 / TX3 EVO | ASUS GTX 970 STRIX @ 1489/7760 | Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR3 1600 CL10 | Corsair AX760i | Corsair Graphite 760t | ASUS MX279H | Edifier R2000DB + ASUS Xonar DG | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - Games + Intel 520 120GB - OS / 4TB - Storage || LG G2 :inlove:

i lost too darn had to sent in my archers as melee units cuz my other units got mauled so badly

apo_hd's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfern View Post
    i lost too darn had to sent in my archers as melee units cuz my other units got mauled so badly
    Yeah, units are routing too fast, moral drops, even with General at the back inspiring them and the battle going even - so why its dropping . I can't understand that...
    ASUS P8Z68-V | i5-3470 / TX3 EVO | ASUS GTX 970 STRIX @ 1489/7760 | Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR3 1600 CL10 | Corsair AX760i | Corsair Graphite 760t | ASUS MX279H | Edifier R2000DB + ASUS Xonar DG | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - Games + Intel 520 120GB - OS / 4TB - Storage || LG G2 :inlove:

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by apo_hd View Post
    Why Birk is playing Day battle, and the one I've dl from Mitch's post was night fight?
    Birks screenshots are in an older version of my mod where the battle was still set to day.

I just played two rounds of your mod here, first one I lost, second one I won, both on Hard difficulty. definitely a significant improvement over previous games; it will certainly be a challenge to win campaigns if the campaign ai is as aggressive as it is in the campaign mod. As for the battles, I saw how you noted the ai executing logical flanking maneuvers, ( the enemy cav actually switched targets a couple times mid charge, as I had cav and yari samurai coming from two directions). their main infantry body split into two directions, which in the first battle, I thought was odd, but they systematically circumvented my line, routing units in the process. In the second battle, I was more aggressive, charging spears followed by katanas, but the infantry battle was still split into 2 sections, which I was only able to hold together with the generals inspire ability. Ieyasu himself got involved in the melee in the center, and I countered with my own general, killing him. Very satisfying battle, there was a very tangible ebb and flow to the battle, in the sense of feeling if you're winning/losing, and it was tip at the drop of a hat, a quality I havent really yet seen in a total war game. Im looking forward to the custom editor, and I'm also up for giving more feedback.

Keeper of the FAITH

Well Just downloaded the MOD and played the battle on hard.

I formed up on the defensive, Spear Ashigaru in front, spread long and thin in a spear wall, archers behind them with screens. the general behind them.

Yari Samurai unit on each flank along with two katana samurai. Two cav on the right flank, two on the left.

The AI formed into three narrow coloums during the advance then split into a roughly equivilent battle line to my own. The enemt yari cav suddenly charged my right flank but my yari sumurai simply used thier "sprint" ability to intercept one, the other was mown down by fire arrows and aborted its charge leaving 60% of the unit dead on the ground, smouldering. My Samurai easily beat the cav and engaged a mob katana samurai with two of my own such units supporting.

I was engaged along the whole line, with the exception of one katana unit, one cav unit so I simply rolled the flank and within about 10 seconds the entire enemy army broke and ran.

If I am honest, with the exception of the sudden, and well timed cav charge, the AI was pretty simplistic, it simply ran at me and engaed in a massive brawl, with a single cav charge beforehand.

I would suggest, that if the AI had a more balenced force, with more cav at its desposal it would fair better and have more options availible to it.

It seems to look at your army, and note "they have more cav, must engae so the cav cant be used to break up my formations, charge!"

The overall timing, maenuevering and execution of attacks was much, much smoother than I have seen from AI before, but no more inventive in its tactics than the AI of previous TW games.

pointwolf's Avatar Tiro

I play all the battles on VH. Is it me or they are pretty easy. There was one close one. I expect more in the final release. But if you don't flank you will loose.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast