Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is your Favorite Unit in FATW?

Default Re: What is your Favorite Unit in FATW?

Quote Originally Posted by Thangaror View Post
    Amroth, Amroth!
    Amroth for Gondor!
    +1!!!!!!

Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze's Avatar Occasio mihi fertur

Cavalry of Massive Morale Drop (Shadow Riders). 4 units break an army

Quote Originally Posted by Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze View Post
    Cavalry of Massive Morale Drop (Shadow Riders). 4 units break an army
    Oh, Riddermark Spears is better, having much more men, and available from da very start

Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze's Avatar Occasio mihi fertur

But Rohan is not my favourite faction; my favourite unit *always* belongs to my favourite faction

Errr...by faction. Of the ones I have played.

RK: Gondor Militia, as other have stated, are a great garrison unit and combat unit. Mariners are super-useful during Harad coast raiding, as another have stated. Rangers of Ithilien are fun assassins, and Men-At-Arms are concentrated glory, but I have to give it to White Company. Faramir's bodyguards are triple gold chevron, silver weapon, and silver armor, 24 men in the unit. Just thinking about it makes me want to load up my RK game again.

Adunbar: Snaga Hunters are surprisingly awesome, but I truly love Orc Champions. Great flavor, great attack, all around cool.

Rohan: Riddermark Spears are the obvious choice for best unit, and sending a dozen of them at a line causes pure chaos. But I do love the Riddermark Bowmen the most. Without them, my Riddermark Spears have to deal with spearmen.

Harad: Gross. I hate playing as Harad, with all their rampant corruption and dreary deserts. But I suppose Mumakil,

Thangaror's Avatar Senator

If I go by faction:

RK: Still the same. Amroth! Amroth for Gondor! Those guys are simply awesome. A pity they are a BG.

Rohan: Riddermark Spears? Or Riddermark Bowmen? Dunno.

Adūnabār: Some mean and dirty maggots. Uruk Swords are nice.

Dunland: Warhounds!!! They are great to keep some special enemy units busy. Against Rohan cavalry I have pikes to counter, but against RK I really need those dogs to keep cav and bowmen busy while I have to deal with those killing-machines like MaA.

Rhūn: Rhūn sucks. But I love the sons of Khand. Mounted or not, they are great.

Harad: Harondor Swords. Javelins are nice.
    I would rather have a memory that is fair but unfinished than one that goes on to a grievous end.

Redone by factions:
    RK: Gondor Militia; before yesterday I would have gone with mariners, but then Barad Eden went rebel and spawned a fullstack, half Gondor militia, half blacklands mercs. They proceed to rip apart MaA and Kings spearmen on the walls and at the gate. They militia like a boss.
    Rohan: Horse archers are beast. And so is hunting down the survivors who run after being worn down, brings me back to hunting seleucids as Parthia, or pillaging through Italy as the huns.
    Harad: Never played as them, but Mumakil utterly destroy most anything I throw at them. In a battle against them as RK I sacrificed Milita and Harondor rider merc while my archers made them run.
    Adunabar: Trolls, they flank while Orc meatshields hold in place. Works even against RK. Plus it's fun to see trolls wreck through the enemy's lines.
    Rhun: not enough experiance with or against them.
    Dunland: berserkers. Or pikes cause they look cool. Not much experience as dunland, and Gondor militia are equal to anything I fought against them.

The tale of Legio IV Flavia Felix: After cowardice during the Revolt of 69-70 AD the IV Macedonian was reconstituted and renamed IV Flavia Felix, or "lucky legion" signifying its luck at not being dishonorably disbanded.

Dunland berserkers? do you meant Dunlending Hillmen warriors, or Rhun Berserkers?

Don't they have some sort of berserker unit? Covered in blood maybe? I'm not too sure.

The tale of Legio IV Flavia Felix: After cowardice during the Revolt of 69-70 AD the IV Macedonian was reconstituted and renamed IV Flavia Felix, or "lucky legion" signifying its luck at not being dishonorably disbanded.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaviafelix View Post
    Don't they have some sort of berserker unit? Covered in blood maybe? I'm not too sure.
    Wolfhunters aren't berserkers

the only berserker dunland have is Dunlending Hillmen warriors, who need custom diversification

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12