Thread: Questions...

Default Questions...

Hey everyone the previews look great and I can't wait for this mod! I just have two questions:
    1. Is this mod close to completion?
    2. How will the battle ai be? Especially when defending cities? I found the ai retarded when defending cities in vanilla and still in other mods.
    You fear the Unibrow. That shows RESPECT.

Pompeius Magnus's Avatar primus inter pares

Default Re: Questions...

Hello Barbarian Roman

to your first question:
    please check this thread (post #2)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=421741

2.concerning the AI our possibilities are limited. It is possible to trigger better formations, it is also possible to manipulate certain reactions of the AI (see darth mod) - however, the general behavior of the AI is hard-coded. In this case you shouldn't expect too much regarding AoD2.
    Anyway, together with BI+Creative Assembly patch 1.6 the AI is imo okay so far (not good - but also not bad).

I want to fight battles in front of Hagia Sophia !!! ( Hagia sophia inspires nearby troops!)
    I want to restore roman glory!!!
    I want to play it now!!!

{I think it would be historically accurate (but it would be practical ?) to count time from the creation of the world (anno mundi) - the beggining of time was 5.508 b.c.}

Quote Originally Posted by philosophos View Post
    I think it would be historically accurate...
    ...the beggining of time was 5.508 b.c.
    I believe this is what's called contradictions in terms...

Quote Originally Posted by Pompeius Magnus View Post
    Hello Barbarian Roman

to your first question:
    please check this thread (post #2)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=421741

2.concerning the AI our possibilities are limited. It is possible to trigger better formations, it is also possible to manipulate certain reactions of the AI (see darth mod) - however, the general behavior of the AI is hard-coded. In this case you shouldn't expect too much regarding AoD2.
    Anyway, together with BI+Creative Assembly patch 1.6 the AI is imo okay so far (not good - but also not bad).
    Thanks for the reply. Yes, I understand. The ai was made by CA, and modders can only tweak it a bit, not give it a complete rehaul. Oh well, that's OK. I just auto resolve RTW games on very hard campaign difficulty, it's nice if ur up for a challenge! U can lose with 6:1 odds, u know!
    You fear the Unibrow. That shows RESPECT.

Alkimachos's Avatar EoR Modeller

Quote Originally Posted by philosophos View Post
    I want to fight battles in front of Hagia Sophia !!! ( Hagia sophia inspires nearby troops!)
    I want to restore roman glory!!!
    I want to play it now!!!

{I think it would be historically accurate (but it would be practical ?) to count time from the creation of the world (anno mundi) - the beggining of time was 5.508 b.c.}
    Your words make me want to play it now!!!

I'm wondering, if we're close enough for this day...
    Last edited by Alkimachos; March 11, 2011 at 04:42 PM.

East of Rome Co - Leader / Modeller of Asia ton Barbaron / Ex beta tester of Roma Surrectum

Constantius's Avatar Primicerius

It is coming along very well, you will get your chance. Although @ Philosophos : I hope you don't plan on playing as Romans? Because surely the last thing you want is a battle in the streets of Konstantinoupolis

Signature made by Joar

Quick question, whats the start & end date for this mod?