Thread: Idea: Rome Total Time Warp

Default Idea: Rome Total Time Warp

Eris looked down at the ruins of Troy with pleasure. Her plans had succeeded, but now that the chaos was over she felt a little empty inside. She died inside and fled to Hades where she went into a deep depression. She had many dreams of glorious slaughter. When she awoke to discover that they were only dreams, she wept.

After many years, she decided to wander the earth. She saw the day to day violence of mankind, and it put a little smile on her face. Her depression began to wear off. After traveling some more, her scheming mind began to kick in again and she started observing the behavior of man. She saw many great conquerors rise and fall, and saw how empires were created and destroyed. She saw that mankind was always trying to conquer the world, and that golden apples were not what they sought.

Eris had a plan. She remembered all the times man wished to conquer all the other empires, and how they wished to conquer the gods. She realized that the days of Troy were over, and men no longer went to war for any reason but to rule others. She new then what the stakes should be.

She got the help of Ares and together they cut Atlas the Titan's hands, who promptly dropped the ball (the world), and as it fell it twisted and turned. Atlas caught it again, but the world was already too shaken. And with a final spell (or whatever power Greek gods have) Eris and Ares twisted and turned time itself so that the greatest and most ambitious armies in history would be on the face of the earth at the same time -- and the same place.

In the shaking of things, Olympus itself appeared and was visible to men. The gods were confused and filled with fear. Surrounding them was none other than the greatest empires of men, all looking lustfully at Olympus and each other. Eris smiled at the mere thought of what would happen next...

Description

This mod would aim at having some of the greatest empires in BC times pitted against each other. Each is lead by the greatest leaders of history. They are called "heroes" and should be generals with the immortality trait and very strong bodyguard units. Should one of the empires grow powerful enough, or defeat all the other empires of man, its armies can lay siege to Olympus and defeat the gods. Then everything, the heavens and the earth, will be under your control!

Factions

This mod would try to focus on the most positive aspects of each culture, not what is necessarily realistic. For a non-historically accurate mod, it would be best to romanticize! For example, the clothing of the soldiers should be very colorful and ornate. If you wish to virtually conquer the world, at least look good doing it!

Olympus: The gods are very displeased with the state of things. These men are way over their heads. They need to be taught a lesson! Honestly, I have no idea what kinds of units Olympus should have. Someone else probably knows better than me!

Heroes: The gods, of course!

Romans: The Romans are always looking to dominate their neighbors. This opportunity simply cannot be passed by! Julius Caesar and his legions, as well as Roman heroes from the past, are ready to fight the empires of the earth and even the gods themselves.

Heroes: Julius Caesar, Horatius, Scipio Africanus, Gaius Marius

Greeks: The Greeks were just minding their business when Olympus appeared in their backyard. Young Alexander the Great takes this opportunity to take them over, and decides that, as a son of Zeus, he should inherit the throne of Olympus too! After convincing Achilles to join him, can anything stop them?

Heroes: Alexander the Great, Achilles, Pericles, Leonidas

Persians: The Persians don't give a wit about Greek gods. Ahura Mazda is their God, and if His creations (the gods) think they can rule over Persia, they have another thing coming! Alexander is also on the horizon, and wishes Persia to be his own. Cyrus the Great has risen to the challenge, and with his mighty army and the help of the Surena, he will do what he can to strike down Alexander and topple the false Greek gods!

Heroes: Cyrus the Great, Surena, Darius the Great, Arash the Archer

Celts: First the Romans, now Greeks? They may come, but they will die! Celtic warriors are not to be trifled with. But when they are done with the Greeks and Romans... Olympus looks like a warm sunny place to settle down in, if they can depose of those tyrannical Greek gods.

Heroes: Vercingetorix, Boudicca, we'll think of some more

Carthaginians: The power of Carthage is growing. There is much trouble involving gods over in the east; enough to distract Rome. This is the perfect opportunity to destroy Rome and begin conquering the world! With the leadership of Hannibal Barca, Carthage will march on to conquer the Romans and perhaps even more.

Heroes: Hannibal Barca, Hanno, Hasdrubal, Gisgo (there are alot of people named those last three, history buffs can tell us which ones are the greatest)

Campaign Map

The campaign map would be a warped Mediterranean map. Centered on Greece, other lands such as Iberia, Persia, and Europe would be crammed along the edges. Not like real life. After all, Atlas did drop the world and now it is like a giant earthquake hit it. In the dead center of of the map is Olympus, which is the tallest mountain ever. The gods live in the city at the top. It is extremely hard to capture and would be a truly epic siege.

That's all for now. I hope you people like this mod idea. I'm a very busy person right now so I wouldn't be able to work on it very much. Perhaps someone will see this and like it and want to make it!

Default Re: Idea: Rome Total Time Warp

I know some other celtic leaders. Ambiorix, Boduognatus, Dumnorix
    Hope this is enough. I truly wish i could start with it but this evening was the onlyone that i had the time to check the forum. Anyway got a rep+