Thread: 6.0 Multiplayer challenge

Default 6.0 Multiplayer challenge

I've been playing SPQR on MP for some time now and it is definitely the best mod for this however ther are only a couple of us that we know of who play SPQR MP and we are getting slightly tired of constantly battling each other (We now know every trick the other will use)

So we have decided to throw out a challenge to anyone who fancies it

We will have to wait until 6.0 is released as myself and Lordgeordie have made a number of Changes to the current version of SPQR we are running and therefore compatibility would be an issue but this gives us some time to prepare and set matches up.

So if you are tired of fighting stupid AI and fancy more of a challenge let me know.

(don't know how good you are LT but we both reckon it would probably be quite interesting to do battle with yourself)

I'd do it but I'm afraid my computer would lag up the game. Does MP battles cause more lag?

The number of men you are capable of running on screen in SP without lag is generally the No. of men you can have on screen in MP in all the games i've played this rule has seemed solid.

Average British Student

Aren’t that illegal to use somebody else connection without them nowing
    Last edited by Trajan; February 02, 2006 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Deleted a quote by NorthHammer about illegal activity.

Civitate

I'd love to play some MP once 6.0 is out. I upgraded to 1.5 as soon as I could, because I just could no longer play with the load/save bug, and now that I'm SPQR-less I'm also playing less Rome in general. Figures. But once 6.0 is out I'll practice up and take y'all on.

Oh and I've got a very fast connection, even if my computer struggles a bit with RTW.

Under the patronage of Last_Crusader.

Default Good on ya

hello

once we are up and running with version 6, we would be glad of more folk to fight, differing tactics will be brilliant, we could even go as far as brits vrs USA and the world (and no doubt the world will win)

(Lordgeordie )

Good on you Rowan once 6.0 is out i will PM you and try and sort out a time when we can get on.

Default Spqr Multiplyer

Hello

Come on you lot!, try spqr online, its fantastic!!!

we usually lower the settings in 4 way battles to allow lower spec machines to fight as well, a true battle is one where the opposition counters your plans (which the comp bearly does) whan version 6 comes out we will all be using the same version, and we can clash.

(you know you want to)
    (Lordgeordie )

ENSAIS's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by lordgeordie
    Hello

Come on you lot!, try spqr online, its fantastic!!!

(you know you want to)

Ummm, this sounds like great fun.... and a divorce.

I worry that I'd get hooked. Lord knows that playing SPQR 5 and being able to press pause to do my lovely wife's bidding as required has been the only way I actually ever finish any epic battles and/or get some.

I worry that those two things would become "mutually exclusive" playing v6 MP. "IF you know what I mean"

heh,.
    ENSAIS

Default yep i know what u mean

hello

yes i have to get my battles in when my girly is watching soaps (and get them a tea etc now and then to keep them happy)

(Lordgeordie )

You just have to distract your other half with shiny things when you are trying to play

Also i have found that using a wireless optical mouse on your girlfriends back works almost as well as if you were using it on a computer desk (2 birds, 1 stone)

ENSAIS's Avatar Decanus

:laughing:
    Quote Originally Posted by flagrantflip
    You just have to distract your other half with shiny things when you are trying to play
    LMAO!