Thread: Faster AI turns processing

Default Faster AI turns processing

First of all i wanna congratulate you for this mod because i read allot and i think this mod will surpass even stainless steel.My question is ,can you decrease the time for AI movements because for example i played stainless steel 6.4 (which has a lot of scripts)and even if i hide AI movement the AI turns takes so long(probably because that mod has a lot of scrips).I know that yours has around 60 factions so the AI movements could take longer than SS(i don't know), so could you guys make faster AI turns processing , i don't know how but i suppose by simplifying the scripts,making less scrips etc.Thanks

Default Re: Faster AI turns processing

Quote Originally Posted by diablo3 View Post
    First of all i wanna congratulate you for this mod because i read allot and i think this mod will surpass even stainless steel.My question is ,can you decrease the time for AI movements because for example i played stainless steel 6.4 (which has a lot of scripts)and even if i hide AI movement the AI turns takes so long(probably because that mod has a lot of scrips).I know that yours has around 60 factions so the AI movements could take longer than SS(i don't know), so could you guys make faster AI turns processing , i don't know how but i suppose by simplifying the scripts,making less scrips etc.Thanks
    This mod doesn't have 60 factions. The limit is 31.
    And with that many factions turns will take a long time plus all the scripts that are running. Just do something useful in the meantime. Read a book, clean your appartement, eat...
    I always got the impression that when I'm playing I get more things done than when I'm actually doing other stuff.

Hey!

I have never tried any M2TW mods. When you say you are expecting that to take a long time, how much are we talking here? Minutes? Tens of minutes? Hours? 0.o

Minutes...

Minutes at most.

Hengest's Avatar It's a joke

In the current version of the campaign a single turn doesn't take more than a few seconds and my machine is over 6 years old. I imagine it might slow down more as we add more code, but I can't see it being worse than SS.
    Azim head scripter has ALWAYS stated that he will not add any heavy scripting that slows turns times down. Our second scripter Meneth made his official submod/compilation of SS precisely to speed up SS, http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=378648

His work with Dominion- all his new script features such as state funerals, princess dowries and duels- while not fully tested are not turn-heavy, he has assured me and Azim has also looked at his work and agrees. So basically- don't worry.

Jimmy-j's Avatar Civis

Great news once more, but who would expect otherwise with the great people of DotS

great news guys and once again congratulations for this masterpiece

Meneth's Avatar I mod, therefore I am

Quote Originally Posted by diablo3 View Post
    Only 31 factions will be on the map at once at most, as compared to SS' max of 29.
    This is due to silly hardcoding, which means more than 31 factions is impossible.

As to turn time, I'll try to make sure any scripts in the mod are as efficient as they can be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seleukos_I. View Post
    This mod doesn't have 60 factions. The limit is 31.
    Actually, there's many faction transitions, so in a way there's a lot more than just 31 factions. There can only be 31 factions in play at any given time though, ofc.
    Quote Originally Posted by dl_iepurasu View Post
    Hey!

I have never tried any M2TW mods. When you say you are expecting that to take a long time, how much are we talking here? Minutes? Tens of minutes? Hours? 0.o
    For me, a turn in SS takes roughly 20 seconds. For some, it takes as long as 5 to 10 minutes.
    As long as one has a decent computer, turn-times are usually fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Hross View Post
    In the current version of the campaign a single turn doesn't take more than a few seconds and my machine is over 6 years old. I imagine it might slow down more as we add more code, but I can't see it being worse than SS.
    Azim head scripter has ALWAYS stated that he will not add any heavy scripting that slows turns times down. Our second scripter Meneth made his official submod/compilation of SS precisely to speed up SS, http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=378648

His work with Dominion- all his new script features such as state funerals, princess dowries and duels- while not fully tested are not turn-heavy, he has assured me and Azim has also looked at his work and agrees. So basically- don't worry.
    Just a few notes:
    The faster turn times is only one of the many features of the Sub-mod Compilation, though it was among the first of the additions (the very first sub-mod, which later was made obsolete by my own improvements, wasn't done by me, though) to it.
    Also, that's the link to my SS FAQ, not the Compilation

sim0b's Avatar Libertus

Ive got the same problem. When i start a new campaign on SS 6.4 the turn times are very long ie 5 mins even though i havnt even explored any part of the map and its still dark. I never used to have this problem at all. Does anyone know a fix for this?

Thanks...
    9/11 was an inside job. 3 buildings collapsed inc building 7, and no one even knew!

Hengest's Avatar It's a joke

lol mate, try the SS forum!