Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions

Default Suggestions

Hello dear fans and players.

As we're gathering new ideas for the upcoming NTW3 1.0 version, we would like to have your input.

Post your ideas and suggestions for next NTW3 version here!

You can be sure that we are carefully reading all suggestions and I always try to consider most of them.

Please remember that the more constructive and reasonable your suggestion is (try to provide sources, pictures, think of game balance, strength, weaknesses...), the more chance it will have to get implemented.
    Last edited by Liberalis Bellatricus; May 23, 2011 at 02:49 PM.

Default Re: Suggestion Box

Remove the possibility for skirmishers to deploy stakes during battle. It looks silly and strange when they get these things out of nowhere and it is not realistic. If possible give them the option to deploy them before the battle starts.

Looking forward to it

As far as i know this is already the case in current mod version! Only Sappers (Pioniere) can place stakes?

yes it is the case...probably he doesnt t know the beta is out and suggesting accordingly.

Its been done m8...first thing we did....11 month ago!

Keep posting!

Sappers for all nations!
    Guerilla units for Spain!
    Import lancers style of attack from trom2 mod!

Will 1.0 have sp features? As in campaigns.
    My Tools, Tutorials and Resources

Was running out of space, so see the full list here!

Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.- Josh Billings
    The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.- George Orwell

First thing we do in SP is to have it compatible, once that is achieve we will move into campaign moding , but that will surely take sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by T.C. View Post
    Will 1.0 have sp features? As in campaigns.
    The coming version will be SP compatible, so all campaigns will be playable NTW3 style, but we do plain to work on the campaign more in the future.

Lord VC
    Emperor of Napoleonics www.Napoleonics.net
    The Lordz are recruiting; Click on signature for details

Quote Originally Posted by Ziuk View Post
    Import lancers style of attack from trom2 mod!
    Can you elaborate a bit more? Lancers attack?

Quote Originally Posted by LEGIO_Desaix View Post
    Can you elaborate a bit more? Lancers attack?
    In this modification lancers attack first with lances and then use sabers. There is no problem with the "double-edged(twosided)" use of the lance.

Default Re: Suggestions

It has been discovered how to increase the amount of units per army!
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...38#post9672138

The only thing to add to this is to decrease the size of unit cards, so that we can actually see the extra unit cards in our army on the campaign map and battle map. I do not know if this is possible, but if it is it would be oh so glorious!
    Last edited by KB1869; June 18, 2011 at 04:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziuk View Post
    In this modification lancers attack first with lances and then use sabers. There is no problem with the "double-edged(twosided)" use of the lance.

Sorry my mistake.

Lance was also a good weapon in close combat and it's not only good for cavlry charge.

Check this:

(Polish lance drill)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkXMkJ1rBhg

http://www.thelordz.org/forum/viewto...?f=138&t=12276

Here are some ideas for Portugal ...

I know nothing about scripting, but while playing the historical battles I am amazed at how real they seem with how the troops are set up. All of the seperate units with different numbers of men in almost every one. I love it. Is there anyway to allow players to do this and set up there own standard battles with this type of thing. After seeing how awesome it looks in the historical battles it is really difficult for me to play the standard battles now lol. Every unit has the same exact number of men in standard. Probably dumb to even ask this because it doesnt seem possible just thought I would throw it in. Never hurts to ask.
    Keep up the great modding work, really the best mod for Napoleon.
    1861 Springfield .58 Caliber Percussion Musket

A naval mod would be very nice. More focus on ships of the line, a cap on the amount of merchantmen available, and extra range frigates/corvettes etc to recognise their capabilities as commerce raiders. I think NOW and TROM2 do this fairly well. Also lose ahistorical ironclads, steam ships and the broken use of rocket ships and bomb ketches.

Quote Originally Posted by Line Infantry Commander View Post
    I know nothing about scripting, but while playing the historical battles I am amazed at how real they seem with how the troops are set up. All of the seperate units with different numbers of men in almost every one. I love it. Is there anyway to allow players to do this and set up there own standard battles with this type of thing. After seeing how awesome it looks in the historical battles it is really difficult for me to play the standard battles now lol. Every unit has the same exact number of men in standard. Probably dumb to even ask this because it doesnt seem possible just thought I would throw it in. Never hurts to ask.
    Keep up the great modding work, really the best mod for Napoleon.
    Unfortunately not.

You need to compile a XML file with the units involved. I mean it's not possible directly online, with my editor you could compile a battle and send the file to your mate, but not setting armies on the run.

DunkFunk's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly Rabbit View Post
    A naval mod would be very nice. More focus on ships of the line, a cap on the amount of merchantmen available, and extra range frigates/corvettes etc to recognise their capabilities as commerce raiders. I think NOW and TROM2 do this fairly well. Also lose ahistorical ironclads, steam ships and the broken use of rocket ships and bomb ketches.

Some of us use the grand fleet mod thats on this site somewhere for this side of things its pretty good and its pretty easy to switch between the 2 mods without any conflicts.
    Never argue with an idiot;
    He'll drag you down to his level and beat you by experience.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=414297

Might be nice if the pioneer infantry had grenades to represent explosives, perhaps instead of fire advance.

panzer 4's Avatar Domesticus

i think janissary grenadiers should use grenades as they were possibly the only grenadiers which used grenades in this period (lol)
    their range and acc should be increased too but their reload decreased due to their Tufenk.
    The US will gladly step up to become the world police when there is oil involved, yet they will resign the second there is a genocide in Africa, a slaughter in an allied nation, or a massacre committed by dictators, all who's nations have nothing to offer, but the gratitude of the people to the international community for reaching out.

Janissaries used hand mortars I believe, which are different from what I was getting at. Hand mortars would have to be modeled as a different weapon. I was speaking of giving the pioneers grenades to not represent grenades but rather something like battlefield demolitions (like how sappers are modeled in Cossacks for instance). Ideally grenades would be made very useful against buildings and not really so against units but I'm not sure if this can be done.

Actually, on the subject of buildings it might make them actually useful to occupy if all units had the hide in buildings trait. It is not hard to lay an ambush in a building and it would make them more than artillery targets in most situations which they are presently.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast