Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Better Unit Cards modpacks -v1.00

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    CoconutFred's Avatar Senator
    Your local ShopRite, at 5% off on Fridays.

Default Better Unit Cards modpacks -v1.00

Better Unit Cards mod (BUC) - v1.00

What does this mod do? Better Unit Cards mod takes the vanilla unit cards and spices them up a bit. Althought they are pretty to look at already, it is hard to distinguish what unit is what in a few seconds.

Thus, BUC aims to remake the unit cards so that you actually know to select Yari Ashigaru instead of Katana Samurai! (d'oh!)

For now this mod changes only the backgrounds of the cards in the battle ui, but in further releases, I aim to finish recoloring the backgrounds of the campaign recruitment cards!

The Color Key Red=Missile units
    Blue=Sword Infantry
    Tan=Spear Infantry/Naginata!
    Green=Melee Cavalry!
    Peach=General's guard (minus the general's portrait)
    Gray=Artillery and firebomb throwers!

Details, which modpack does what etc.
    Spoiler for Beta Changelogs

Beta 1=First build

Beta 2=Added spear and sword specific unit cards and toned colors down slightly (you can still use colorful backgrounds if you prefer). Ninjas no longer have purple backgrounds.

Beta 2.01 Fix=Fixed bug where Yari Samurai would appear identical to Bow samurai.

Beta 2.1=Added color to Loan Sword Ashigaru.

RCv100=Added color to the Ikko-ikki units and all the recruitment icons.

RCv101=Added color to Onna bushi and Naginata samurai recruitment icons.

Release v1.00=Added recruitment_large Katana Wako, and edited backgrounds of all heroes. (MP compatible version)

Coming soon... mod compatible version for Shogun 2 Realism, Radious Total War Mods, and Additional Units Mod.

v1.01 beta
    Better Unit Cards Mod version 1.01 BETA:

-BUC (should) now support:
    -Ashigaru Hand Mortars
    -Warrior Nuns
    -Fire Cavalry
    -Wako Raiders
    -Bow Ronin
    -Mounted Gunners
    -Heavy Gunners
    -Daikyu Samurai
    -Long Yari Ashigaru
    -Marathon Monks
    -Bandits
    -Bulletproof Samurai

This is a BETA only. That means that these changes have been untested and unproved. I need your help to confirm that my changes work.

Two packs have been included in the following file, "BUC v1.01 MP compatible.pack" and "BUC v1.01 mod compatible.pack". Use the MP compatible version if you are not using any mods that tamper with the game UI. If you do have mods that add new untis and/or unit cards, use the mod compatible file.

To install, simply extract your file of choice into the game's data directory. This should be found at "steam/steamapps/common/total war shogun 2/data/" (without quotes).

For those of you using the MOD compatible version:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    The mod version is for use with mods that might conflict with this mod (i.e. they also change or add unit cards). The mod version must be activated in your user.shogun2_script.txt (or whatever it is called, I don't have the full game), which should be located in "C:\(your name)\Appdata\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Shogun2\scripts\". If there is no user script there, create one yourself.

To activate the mod, open your user script, which should look a little like this (if you are using a mod atm):

mod "whatevermodsyouareusingatthemoment.pack";
    Add this:

mod "BUC v1.01 mod compatible.pack";
    To the top of the user script, which should now look like this:

mod "BUC v1.01 mod compatible.pack";
    mod "whatevermodsyouareusingatthemoment.pack";
    Last edited by CoconutFred; August 07, 2011 at 08:39 PM.

Default Re: Better Unit Cards mod (Battles only)

Great mini mod and grats to you're first shogun 2 mod. Hope you going to flash this out when retail is coming out. + rep

LuckyLewis's Avatar Loutre
    Content Emeritus

Very clever idea, I'm sure I'll get used to the UI cards, but I would still prefer something similar to previous games with images of the actual unit instead of a picture.

Excellent job
    Muh signature is so out of date all muh pictures died.

GODzilla's Avatar Civitate

Great work, plus rep.

For a future version I'd like to see some less bright colors (maybe optional, as some may like bright colors, others don't) and maybe also a difference in color between spear- and sword-infantry.
    GODzilla(TM)
    son of the family of Wilpuri under the patronage of makanyane

CoconutFred's Avatar Senator
    Your local ShopRite, at 5% off on Fridays.

Yes, I plan to do such things in future versions, as well as different cards for light ships and heavy bunes.

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Hey, this is snazzy. Downloading.

hippacrocafish's Avatar Campidoctor

Looks nice. Will download for the official release.

Ohhhh Very nice!

Its like you took inspiration from the colored backgrounds of the Ukiyo-e Watercolors that insipred the Shogun 2 Total War's art.

Very nice.

Have you considered adding a sort of 'paper' texture to them? Something akin to this?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Also, can I suggest making Hero's backgrounds black?
    Forward, march!

No point downloading it just for the demo, but this is freaking great for the actual game!!! +Rep

All the unit cartoons look way too similar
    A HUGE fan of the Stainless Steel mod for m2 kingdoms. Thank you to all the modders!

Dynamo11's Avatar Domesticus

Very nice! However do you think you could maybe tone them down a bit? I only need hints of blue/red/green and at the moment these cards are rahter garish.

Regardless +rep

This is a good idea and really helpfull for battles. I also would like to see a less brightly colored version if you have the time.

can someone make a mod that change the color of the unit selected. its just hard to see espeicelly because your units are yellow too.

change it to light green or something so it will be visible

Love it, great job. I'm actually surprised no one thought of this earlier .

Maybe make different kind of sets of customized unit cards . Like different colours or maybe with ingame screenshoot from units , well i think you get the picture , basically have different packs so people can choose when the retail version is coming out . At a later stage maybe have the cards in battle map corresponding to the one in the campaign map.

Very nice, but the colors are too strong on my opinion. Decrease the opacity and it will be perfect

Barkhorn1x's Avatar Biarchus

Great idea. Rep to you. May I suggest adding a color for spear units and leave the blue to the sword units?

..and thanks for the revision.
    Last edited by Barkhorn1x; February 28, 2011 at 07:53 PM.
    "Après moi le déluge"

Default Re: Better Unit Cards modpacks (now with unique sword/spear backgrounds)

As I said in one of your previous post tone down the colours so your eye isn't distracted from the battle scene. I love what you have done but even a slight hint of colour will still stand out :o)

Default Re: Better Unit Cards modpacks (now with unique sword/spear backgrounds)

Brilliant mod, makes it much easier to organise my troops and keep track of them on the battlefield. +rep.

Wonderful idea, definitely like the way the newer version is looking. I'd just recommend toning down the red. Perhaps should have three versions, bright, med, and light (faint hint) of color.

I would LOVE it if the backgrounds were very slightly colored, sort of like if you were to color a cream-colored sail, like some sort of cloth or paper-feel.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast