Thread: Who do feudal states evolve?

Default Who do feudal states evolve?

I mean in the game we are allowed to choose if we want to make our settlements to castles or citys.
    As you all know most of europe was feudal at the beginning of the game, then they evolved.

But whit the current game mechanics who can you do this?

Quote Originally Posted by Sirex
    I mean in the game we are allowed to choose if we want to make our settlements to castles or citys.
    As you all know most of europe was feudal at the beginning of the game, then they evolved.

But whit the current game mechanics who can you do this?
    That was one of the game mechanics of LoR (Lords of the Realm) and pretty good for tactical/strategical purposes but in terms of realism it's not suited for MTW nor (in my opinion) would they implement such a system given that in all the TW series the "cities" represent the entire region and not individual cities (For example, you have in MTW a province called "Venice" which covers a region which in reality was not all under the domain of Venice).

Cheers
    浪人 - 二天一

Hansa's Avatar Campidoctor

Most of Eurpoe wasnt actually feudalised at the start of the game (1080), this is one of many hardlived myths about medieval times. France was certainly feudal, England had just become so after the norman invasion, but for most parts of Europe, the peasants where relatively free, ceirtainly not under a feudal system anyway. Feudalism never catched on in most of scandinavia for instance, and most of eastern europe did not become feudalised until a later time.