Thread: Am I suppose to be getting an economic depression?

Tomahawk's Avatar Civis

Default Am I suppose to be getting an economic depression?

I'm not sure this is a bug or if I'm just doing something wrong, but anyways, I'm getting an economic depression even though I gain atleast 20K denari every turn. I'm not even using any custom traits, by the way.

Hunterbear's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Am I suppose to be getting an economic depression?

@Tomahawk

If you built a lot of 'Supply of Army Rations' in your settlements without the prerequisite requirements being met first, you will suffer an economic slump. I learned that on my first new campaign with RSII.

If you right click on the Supply of Army Rations in the building browser, it'll tell you how much negative effect to the settlements economy you will have without the proper structures in place to reap the rewards of it.

Otherwise did you click on the ingame Advisor at the start of each new game to make sure the script is running?

Also having a lot of armies will impact your economy if your economy is not built up properly.

Send diplomats out to all corners of the world and get trade agreements too.

Others can chime in with their thoughts.

Tomahawk's Avatar Civis

I haven't built any supply of army rations, but I do have atleast a few of them. But I do have a pretty large army... Too bad I can't afford to disband any units since I need even more troops than I currently have to fight my current enemies and to prepare for a war against Rome, which is obviously planning to attack. Is it by any chance possible to get rid of the economy trait thingies, somehow?

Hunterbear's Avatar Civis

@Tomahawk

Then check the settlements you do have Supply of Army Rations in and see if they meet the minimum requirements to avoid negative economic effects. Some do take awhile to become available in the building browser to get like fishing industry,etc.. So there is usually always a negative impact at first for building Supply of Army Rations.

I thought I needed those to support my armies so I built them all over, then next turn it was like wtf! Where is all my f'n money! LOL!!

You can destroy Supply of Army Rations for the time being if you don't have the minimum structures in place to remove some of the negative economic impact its giving. It really only beneficial if its an advanced city.

Any settlements you capture, right click on the buildings in the building browser and see if it gives a negative economic effect (a few do) and destroy them. If you can't destroy it build something to counter it like increase trade,etc..

Last edited by Hunterbear; February 27, 2011 at 04:08 PM.

Tomahawk's Avatar Civis

Thanks for the advice, I'll try that next time I play RS II.