Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle Creator [V4]

Libertus

Default Re: Battle Creator [Preview]

Quote Originally Posted by Kiyoshi View Post
    ...Simply tell us how in a Readme, and well I can deal with that. But I don't know about others.
    I think one of the positive out comes of releasing it even if its not fully automated will be that vetarens like you can create a few battles and upload them for lazy people like me. my point is, not having an automated tool doesn't necessarly mean a lot of people will get left out
    warning, this is a man with the IQ of an algae, don't pay attention to his posts

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Baleurion View Post
    I remember a similar problem with a random map generator for Elemental, where the tool the guy had created output seemingly normal XML files, but they would NOT work for users with non-english OS because they were not saved in something-i-have-no-idea-of.

Basically the application didnt read certain symbols properly even though the XML looked fine and even though the format was 100% correct.
    In the end he had to code it to save in unicode first via your localized windows mumbo jumbo, then back to the proper format, or some such thing.
    Thats exactly what I'm doing atm actualy. The actual XML content (the battle data) is created in Ascii. I then have to convert that to Unicode UTF8. Which was my problem.

I'v now fixed that problem I was facing earlier too, seems I had one "/" missing from next to one of the "<"'s.
    Something soo small is usualy always the trouble.

Zipzopdippidybopbop's Avatar Barred from the Local

Quote Originally Posted by .Mitch. View Post
    Thats exactly what I'm doing atm actualy. The actual XML content (the battle data) is created in Ascii. I then have to convert that to Unicode UTF8. Which was my problem.

I'v now fixed that problem I was facing earlier too, seems I had one "/" missing from next to one of the "<"'s.
    Something soo small is usualy always the trouble.
    Ah, brings back memories of modding Empire......

Me - why the wont my Coldstream Guards work!?!?!??!??!?!?!?!?!?!?

'upon further investigation I discovered that instead of giving them the correct designation in unit_stats_land (guard_infantry) I accidentally made a typo of guard_infanntry'.........

..... had me tearing at my hair for hours on end ¬_¬

Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Xenophon View Post
    Ah, brings back memories of modding Empire......

Me - why the wont my Coldstream Guards work!?!?!??!??!?!?!?!?!?!?

'upon further investigation I discovered that instead of giving them the correct designation in unit_stats_land (guard_infantry) I accidentally made a typo of guard_infanntry'.........

..... had me tearing at my hair for hours on end ¬_¬
    hehe,

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMonk3y View Post
    kareem6776, I don't believe that you have a usable custom battle creator in the slightest (emphasis on 'usable', although I doubt you have much at all).

Hope you can resolve any issues you have having Mitch, your work is very much appreciated

only time will show if I tell the truth

and no nothing between me and Mitch .In fact,I was giving him thumbs up in the beginning and you can go and check ...but when I went to try and do a custom battle tool with some teammates from university I got a really good accomplishment and the game worked perfectly ..in addition we plugged a new "homemade" software that allows as to play local network with each other..however,the custom battle that I made is not as easy as Mitch showed as a preview but its still working without the need to convert anything...anyway as I said I will post a video to see if its hard for you guys to use it or not

Quote Originally Posted by kareem6776 View Post

and no nothing between me and Mitch .In fact,I was giving him thumbs up in the beginning and you can go and check ...but when I went to try and do a custom battle tool with some teammates from university I got a really good accomplishment and the game worked perfectly ..in addition we plugged a new "homemade" software that allows as to play local network with each other..however,the custom battle that I made is not as easy as Mitch showed as a preview but its still working without the need to convert anything...anyway as I said I will post a video to see if its hard for you guys to use it or not
    Surely it would be ace if you could contribute your tool, but please do that in a thread of your own.
    This is not a war of Mitch against Kareem for the faster and better tool. Anything you guys are doing is just great and deserves appreciation!

WorDhammer's Avatar Foederatus

I agree TigerKarl, without modders... we would be at the mercy of gaming companies.
    Budo is not a means of felling the opponent by force or by lethal weapons. Neither is it intended to lead the world to destruction by arms and other illegitimate means. True Budo calls for bringing the inner energy of the universe in order, protecting the peace of the world , as well as preserving, everything in nature in its right form.
    If your opponent tries to pull you, let him pull. Don't pull against him; pull in unison with him.
    Aikido does not rely on weapons or brute force to succeed; instead we put ourselves in tune with the universe, maintain peace in our own realms, nurture life, and prevent death and destruction. The true meaning of the term "samurai" is one who serves and adheres to the power of love.

-Morihei Ueshiba

Why aren't you simple uploading it? o.O

Kiyoshi's Avatar Libertus

That's good, does this mean that the release of it is close?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiyoshi View Post
    That's good, does this mean that the release of it is close?
    Sounds like it......

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

I'v got it working now yes.

I just need a friend of mine to come online onto Steam, he needs to send my the Unit ID's for the custom units like the Ona Bushi, then it's good to go for a version 1.

I just need a friend of mine to come online onto Steam, he needs to send my the Unit ID's for the custom units like the Ona Bushi, then it's good to go for a version 1.
    Brilliant =)

NOTE - is this all going to be on the one battlefield (your modded Sekigahara) or several different ones?

TheColdTruth's Avatar Ordinarius

excellent news Mitch! Great work!!

Fanstastic news

I can't wait :3

Tell us where he lives, i'm sure somebody here can go to his house in make him wake up, in case he's sleeping.

Quote Originally Posted by Yotsu View Post
    Why aren't you simple uploading it? o.O

because if Mitch is getting his tool posted any soon,it wont make siense if I post mine because it will be 2 tools doing the same job and not to mention that Mitch is the one who started the idea so I cant do it until he authorize me (just to be professionally nice)...so I will post the video as a preview in a new thread and if I find a lot of people visiting and interested and they cant to wait for mitch then I will post it for sure.

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

because if Mitch is getting his tool posted any soon,it wont make siense if I post mine because it will be 2 tools doing the same job and not to mention that Mitch is the one who started the idea so I cant do it until he authorize me (just to be professionally nice)...so I will the video as a preview in a new thread and if I find a lot of people visiting and interested and they cant to wait for mitch then I will post it for sure.
    Please do post your tool, putting aside the earlier argument I would like to see what you have created, giving people the choice of either can only be a good thing.

Kiyoshi's Avatar Libertus

Excellent!!

apo_hd's Avatar Libertus

WoW! Can't wait mate
    ASUS P8Z68-V | i5-3470 / TX3 EVO | ASUS GTX 970 STRIX @ 1489/7760 | Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR3 1600 CL10 | Corsair AX760i | Corsair Graphite 760t | ASUS MX279H | Edifier R2000DB + ASUS Xonar DG | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - Games + Intel 520 120GB - OS / 4TB - Storage || LG G2 :inlove:

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

That'll teach you to teach Mitch to read his Pm's .