Page 1 of 38 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle Creator [V4]

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

Default Battle Creator [V4]

CUSTOM BATTLE CREATOR

Don't be daunted by the instructions, they are extremely simple to follow, once you'v done it once, you can do it 1,000 times.
    I'v also gone into far more detail with the instructions than I probably needed too, thats why they are long.

NOTE: The look of the units you play with in this battle are NOT representative of the final work of CA, they are a modders adaption.

INSTRUCTIONS

1) DOWNLOAD the tool. REMOVE ALL OTHER MODS FIRST!

2) Place the .rar into your Data folder.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

3) Extract the .rar into your Data folder.

4) Notice all the lovely new files, and the sexy new folder.

5) Run Custom Battle Creator.exe, the program will look like this..

6) Create your army by selecting the units. Also select your enemies army button, then pick his army.
    7) After you'v selected both armies, click the Select Factions button. You can then select your faction and your enemies faction from the drop down list.

8) Select Night or Day with the 'Time' Button.
    9) Click 'Continue' to create your Battle XML. It will either give you an error if you'v done something incorrectly, or it will tell you, you have created your XML and open the folder it is in. There is always the possibility it could crash too. If it's successful your XML should look like this..

10) Now go back to your Data folder. Open the 'Battle Creator' folder, then open the PFM folder, and run the Pack File Manager.

11) When the PFM is open. Select File --> Open.

12) Find the YOURBATTLE.pack file that is in your Data folder. Open it.

13) When the file is open, find the sekigahara_battle.xml by using the little + signs. Right click on it, and select "Replace File..."

14) Locate your Battle XML you created, it's within the /Battle Creator/BattleXMLs folder, named sekigahara_battle.xml. Select that file to replace the other.

15) If you click on YOURBATTLE.pack in the PFM, the battle.xml should have now gone Red. And the title of the tool should say the file is "Modified". Just like this..

16) Now go to File --> Save. (Not Save As)

17) Your Battle you have created is now implemented into a mod pack. Your free to go play the game! Select the Historical Battle.

Plans

- Changable Unit size. DONE!
    - Siege battle. DONE!
    - Random Generals. DONE!
    - Unit Experience Customization.
    - More maps.

Credits :-

'The Hedge Knight - Extra Units and Flat battle map.
    LuckyLewis - Testing
    Crossjon - Testing
    Legio - Moral Support when times were tough.
    People I'v forgotten -

V1 - 810 DLs
    V3 -2700 DLs
    Last edited by .Mitch.; March 05, 2011 at 12:06 PM. Reason: V4 Released

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

Default Re: Battle Creator [Preview]

Reserved.

Quote Originally Posted by .Mitch. View Post
    Reserved.

you are extremely awesome ,Mitch....looking forward for it

As in the previous thread, still *gasm**gasm**gasm*
    Oh yeah, Its your rep time again!
    BTW, kareem have some random rep so I can give some more to Mitch

Are all units of the original Game represented or juts them of the ingame battles or the units of the campaign?

Proud to be a real Prussian.

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

The units on the campaign are not in the game, they are just little image cards.

All of the units you see there are the only playable units.

Xorte-Renshe's Avatar Civis

Looks beautiful, Mitch! I noticed in the pref. file, there are settings for inf. ammo and specials. Are those actually active? (because it seems like the units can still run out of ammo) (I dont want inf. ammo, but I'm curious, haha.)

I only ask because the units in that image have "inf_missile" and such in front of them.

i think after shogun 2 mods you should start doing your own official games ,and with your brilliant ideas and your amazing ability with those kind of games,you will satisfy all gamers and make money like hell.

When mod will be avaible for download??

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by kareem6776 View Post
    i think after shogun 2 mods you should start doing your own official games ,and with your brilliant ideas and your amazing ability with those kind of games,you will satisfy all gamers and make money like hell.
    I am already a games programmer. And I am making a game currently which I will release on TWC, all be it for free.

Thank you for your kind words too.

WorDhammer's Avatar Foederatus

I just saw awesomeness.
    Budo is not a means of felling the opponent by force or by lethal weapons. Neither is it intended to lead the world to destruction by arms and other illegitimate means. True Budo calls for bringing the inner energy of the universe in order, protecting the peace of the world , as well as preserving, everything in nature in its right form.
    If your opponent tries to pull you, let him pull. Don't pull against him; pull in unison with him.
    Aikido does not rely on weapons or brute force to succeed; instead we put ourselves in tune with the universe, maintain peace in our own realms, nurture life, and prevent death and destruction. The true meaning of the term "samurai" is one who serves and adheres to the power of love.

-Morihei Ueshiba

Okey. You work is still awsome and also only 2 weeks till the game is their. I have to work on my assignment over 12 pages about the bello mutinensis but i love every break to play your new creations^^

Quote Originally Posted by .Mitch. View Post
    I am already a games programmer. And I am making a game currently which I will release on TWC, all be it for free.

Thank you for your kind words too.
    Awesome. Do you have a Homepage for that?
    Last edited by Hesus de bodemloze; February 28, 2011 at 11:31 AM.

Proud to be a real Prussian.

no problem ,really?I guess I should take you as an example for me because I am a games programmer but first year so I am not that good yet .....looking forward for your new game

Hey Mitch!

I found a new battle map /under terrain.pack- "scs_enemystate_a03" / ! And shown a new Castle too!
    I maked a battle, but the deployment area must rework. Then i think is work.

here som pick:

here the sekigahara_battle.xml I think u can make a correct deployment zones

Szu's Avatar Foederatus

:O :O :O :O geeeezzz... gasm as someone said

MY GOD! Thank you Mitch I can't wait =D! Thank you thank you are sir are awesome...

But I have a nice suggestion for you Mr. Mitch, I know you are already very busy! BUT!...

I think I speak in the name of the whole community, we would like to see those blades dripped blood. I've seen a mod for DEMO S2TW which enables blood in game (but it only works for ranged, and it looks just brilliant!)

Could you ?? I BEG YOU!

Cannot wait to play this MORE REP FOR MITCH!

Nice map find hunor

Hope mitch can add it to the custom battle creator.
    "The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into
    Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making
    video games."

- Bobby Kotick

Bringing despair and darkness to the gaming world since 1991

CA owe Mitch for making the demo like this and making the new battles and custom battle creator i have feeling that more people will buy the full version because now they can see what the game is like and its damm good

Great find hunor, that map looks awesome! And back to the OP Mitch it is looking brilliant, can't wait!

My upset at the lack of Naginata Warrior Monks knows no bounds, but the fact that we have a battle creator more than makes up for it.

Bravo sir. Bravo.
    Forward, march!

Page 1 of 38 123456789101126 ... LastLast