Thread: Multiplayer Clans

Default Multiplayer Clans

I know they are implementing multiplayer clan system into the game, but i dont understand how this really works :S you join a clan and then queue up as a group for group battles? Is it merely symbolic? Is there anything involving a campaign map? Please help me :p

King Gambrinus's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Multiplayer Clans

I think it's a simplified version of the campaign map, where you go around regions representing you clan conquering others and getting bonuses with your personal army and general.
    Fear not, crusader, Prester John will save you from the wrath of the Devil.

How big of a map would it be?..So theres alot of campaign servers for each number of clans?

I'm sorry to bring this up again.. but is there any good source of information regarding the multiplayer clan system? How can you conquer japan as a clan against other players? Wouldn't it be too many players for campaign map? And how does it work exactly?

I actually had a funny idea.. players would assign themselfs to actual japanese clans and the control over regions would be determined by the win ratio of the clan in that region :p

This is how it works:
    Every player selects a clan.
    He puts his avatar in a province (the map is Risk-style, like the S1 one).
    If he wins a battle, his clan gains influence there.
    The clan with the most influence in a region owns it.
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

So they are actual japanese pre made clans and not player generated clans right?

Quote Originally Posted by oneah View Post
    So they are actual japanese pre made clans and not player generated clans right?
    Yea I want to know all this to, I have no idea
    Signature and Avatar created by ceylankral (give him rep )

Not sure, but since there is a limit of 30 clans per instance and there are only 10 playable clans, it's safe to say they are player generated.
    My money is on Steam groups.
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Out of how ever many players in the clan, who controls army movement, economics, agents, research and diplomacy while the others wait for a battle?

There are no economy, agents, research and diplomacy.
    There are as many armies as there are players basically; every player's battle adds to the clan influence.
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

Oh I see and clans are not the actual clans but groups that will be made up of up to 30 people (or so Ive heard) thanks for this by the way +rep

Not exactly; the way I understood it from Mike's presentation:
    There are several maps of Japan. Every map contains up to 30 clans. Every clan can have an unlimited amount of members.
    The maps work like "leagues", so to speak. After a period of time, the dominance on each is evaluated and clans redistributed among the maps depending on their standing.
    Warscape Modding Guide

Respecto Patronum

Check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=-o6ackwzEHk Much information!

If you go into the game encyclopedia in the demo theres a good deal of information on the mp clan system.

Here's what I understand the system to be from what Ive read:

1. Players can create clans. These clans will be based off of Steam groups. There is no limit to the number of players in a clan (yet).

2. These player clans then compete in one of many maps of Japan (30 clans per map). There are tournament seasons that are played out (I think one month in real time - not sure). The clans that are most successful in a given season move up in a tournament ladder system.

3. You have a diamyo avatar that you can customize. His appearance, his attributes and skills, retainers, etc. When you play in the clan mp environment you can choose which prefecture your diamyo fights in. By traveling to and fighting in different prefectures your diamyo unlocks different traits.

4. Clans can effectively "control" territory (I think this means just get points for them) by having won the most battles in that territory.

Thats a short and I realize rather muddled intro to the system - unfortunately theres not much official info yet (other than the encyclopedia I mentioned). Clans are already forming over at http://forums.totalwar.com/forumdisp...an-recruitment
    Danny: "They thought we was devils?"
    Billy Fish: "Oh, Kafiristan people's very ignorant. I say to headman, Uta, I say 'Oh no, by jove! They're not devils, they gora sahibs, British soldiers!'"
    Danny: "Good man Billy Fish."
    Peachy: "And now, if you'll take us to this Uta bloke, we will begin his education."
    -The Man Who Would be King (film, 1975)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3foojqh_Qm0

If ya whant to joine a clan for the multiplayer. I got one for you here. http://steamcommunity.com/groups/TheShimazuClan

kentuckybandit's Avatar Ordinarius

This sounds somewhat like the Cossacks Napoleonic Wars multiplayer set up, if any one has played that. Gaining influence on a map of Europe.