Thread: Correcting Unit Names

Default Correcting Unit Names

I may be all alone here, but having the names of some units messed up really distracts me from the overall quality of the mod. There's a French unit that's the 32nd instead of 32e, there are some that have Guard instead of Garde, etc., some crazy "" characters in some names, esp. with GB, and more.

Also, what is the purpose of the "2nd Battalions" unit of GB? 2nd Battalion of what Regiment?

Where did the Coldstream Guards go?

How can this be fixed? I wouldn't mind looking through all the units and making corrections so the mod team can focus on other issues. I just have no idea how to mod this game, or where to begin, although I've modded a lot of others.

Good job on the mod though, and I hope I can be of some assistance!
    Last edited by WilsonMG; February 26, 2011 at 09:42 PM.

Default Re: Correcting Unit Names

Quote Originally Posted by WilsonMG View Post
    I may be all alone here, but having the names of some units messed up really distracts me from the overall quality of the mod. There's a French unit that's the 32nd instead of 32e, there are some that have Guard instead of Garde, etc., some crazy "" characters in some names, esp. with GB, and more.

Also, what is the purpose of the "2nd Battalions" unit of GB? 2nd Battalion of what Regiment?

How can this be fixed? I wouldn't mind looking through all the units and making corrections so the mod team can focus on other issues. I just have no idea how to mod this game, or where to begin, although I've modded a lot of others.

Well the names were in english and not in french hence the 32nd and Guard instead of 32e and Garde. However in the second beta release the names were all changed to their native language so the french army will be in french...

Also british second battalions were second rate battalions, meaning infantry not as good as the regular infantry. They were called second battalions. They are not the second battalion of a regiment.

Lord VC
    Emperor of Napoleonics www.Napoleonics.net
    The Lordz are recruiting; Click on signature for details

Coldstream Guards are footguards....
    So having a generic foot guard unit encompass this unit.
    And as the coldstream guard had no special feature compare with other foot guard...we pull him out.
    If we decide to have all british guard unit in the future we will include them, and get rid of the generic foot guard unit.

Yours
    Lord Fullin

So why leave in some specific regimental units and only pull the Coldstream (2nd Regt. of Foot)? By the same reckoning most Line and Light infantry with specific regiments would be removed...

Quote Originally Posted by Von_Clausewitz View Post
    However in the second beta release the names were all changed to their native language so the french army will be in french...
    Did you mean to say "will be changed"? As of the latest download they are a conglomeration.
    Last edited by WilsonMG; February 27, 2011 at 01:11 AM.

Coldtream are just Footguards, only uniuque thing about them is name but remember that many regiments had their own specific names and that alone isnt a reason to put them in the game.

So why leave in some specific regimental units and only pull the Coldstream (2nd Regt. of Foot)? By the same reckoning most Line and Light infantry with specific regiments would be removed...

Did you mean to say "will be changed"? As of the latest download they are a conglomeration.
    The specific names are to recognize certain units that shine above others of the same category.
    either by their performance, history or just by an outstanding uniform

IMO the Coaldstream guard have nothing to shine for over the other superb Foot Guard British units.
    But as I said b4 , if we rework all 5 footguards they will be back.

BETA 2 is at close testing stage. So it is done already.