Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Revolution is in Danger! We need YOUR help!

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Default The Revolution is in Danger! We need YOUR help!

We need YOU to save the Revolution!

We need people who can edit Startpos files, make textures and edit DB files and find historical information on uniforms, politics and militaries during the French Revolution.

If you want the Revolution to survive, join the tean today!
    Last edited by EmperorBatman999; February 26, 2011 at 06:11 PM.

Lord Horatius's Avatar Civis

Default Re: The Revolution is in Danger! We need YOUR help!

What do you need in the way of Historical Details old chap? I do know my uniforms a little bit.
    No Frog will take MY fusiliers! Click here for some of my Historical Fiction:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=393678 http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...79#post8467779

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Horatius View Post
    What do you need in the way of Historical Details old chap? I do know my uniforms a little bit.
    Primarily minor factions. Saxony, Wurtemberg, Two Sicillies, Netherlands, Sweden and Denmark.

I can help with militaries and politics/International Relations. Anything the team needs help with in particular?

Under the patronage of the formidable and lovely Narf.

Proud patron of Derpy Hooves, Audacia, Lordsith, Frodo45127 and Sir Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by King Musa View Post
    I can help with militaries and politics/International Relations. Anything the team needs help with in particular?
    For now, the governments of the major factions and who were in charge as ministers and etc.

I can help. I write dissertation about the Great French Revolution. But my english is bad.

I'm useless as modder But i have a great amount of uniform drawings and paintings from that historical period!
    soult
    "What is difficult in training will become easy in a battle" Alexander V. Suvorov

♔Oggie♔'s Avatar Senator

I wish I could help but my skills as a modder are very limited

Quote Originally Posted by ♔EmperorBatman999♔ View Post
    For now, the governments of the major factions and who were in charge as ministers and etc.
    I posted a whole bunch of info on govts and ministers in the general discussion thread a few months ago:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...=370472&page=4

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...=370472&page=5

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...=370472&page=6

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...=370472&page=7

Hope that is helpful

Also, I had an idea on startpos and emigrees. Not sure if this is feasible:

The game should start in July 1789. The Royalists hold all territory, but the revolutionaries start with an army (composed of two units of sans culottes, one national guard unit, and General Lafayette) just outside Paris. Revolutionaries have the following technologies: Declaration of the Rights of Man (happiness +5 to nobility, +10 to commoners, designed to make it easier to raise taxes), Taxation (makes tax collection more efficient) and National Guard (can raise 1 relatively cheap, but somewhat ineffective national guard unit per turn in each city held, or something like that). The revolutionaries enter Paris on the first turn, and the garrison of Paris (one line infantry unit, one artillery unit and the Gardes Francaises) defects to the Revolution. Cut scene: the fall of the Bastille!

The royalist main army is Prince de Conde, Swiss Guard, 2 heavy cavalry units, 1 hussar unit, and 2 line infantry (and maybe an artillery unit). This army begins in Provence (or somewhere far enough from Paris that the army can't reach Paris in 1 turn). Royalist line infantry garrison each city held (except Paris). Royalists are nearly bankrupt.

Revolutionaries start with several provocateurs, including Camille Desmoulins, to spread the revolution around France. If a particular city revolts, the garrison may defect, unless there is more than one royalist unit there. So, if you are a royalist, you have to decide how you want to consolidate your forces--do you leave only one unit to garrison each city, risking that the unit will defect? But spreading your forces around to prevent revolution could leave your main army a bit thin.

If you are playing as an enemy of the Republic (i.e. Austria) and the royalists have been driven from France, and you declare war on Rev France, a (smallish to medium-sized) royalist army led by Prince de Conde appears in your territory as your ally. If you take back French territories, you have the option of giving them to the royalist faction or taking them as your own (if you take them as your own, the royalist army will turn on you). Likewise, if you are playing as royalist France, and you lose all your territory, your army will reappear in a country hostile to the republic, so you will get the chance to reconquer the territories you lost.

Also, historically in 1789, some of the monarchies of Europe were favorably disposed to the Revolution (or at least they were not so hostile that they declared war immediately). But as the Revolution became more radical, they came to fear the revolution.

With that background, for the mod you could have certain revolutionary "technologies" that create positive effects for the spread of the revolution in France (such as land reforms that take property from the church and give it to the peasants), but that cause severely negative diplomatic effects with respect to certain countries (primarily Austria and Prussia). So in that way, you consolidate the revolution against the Royalists, but make it more likely that you will be invaded by foreign countries (if you are playing as rev France). If you are playing as an "enemy" of the revolution, the spread of the revolution might bring you allies againt rev France; but if you declare war before the revolution becomes radicalized, you may find yourself diplomatically isolated and may cause severe downgrades in the happiness of the noble and lower classes in your own country (which could spark a revolution in your capital).

If it is not feasible to do this using research technologies, you could use automatic triggering events to the same effect (some of those triggering events could be the appearance of French emigres to the court of your king who are ready to enlist in your army, which will make your people more hostile to rev France and decrease the chance the declaring war on France will spark revolution in your capital). You could also have a triggering event that causes certian neutral countries not otherwise hostile to revolutionary France to declare war on revolutionary France. That event could/should be the execution of Louis XVI or Marie Antoinette.

Please take these ideas for what they are worth (may be too complicated to implement), but I hope at lease some of them are interesting.

So gents, any idea on how we can keep this mod alive considering MB's departure? Which positions need to be filled and do we have anyone to 'replace' him?

Under the patronage of the formidable and lovely Narf.

Proud patron of Derpy Hooves, Audacia, Lordsith, Frodo45127 and Sir Adrian.

Quote Originally Posted by King Musa View Post
    So gents, any idea on how we can keep this mod alive considering MB's departure? Which positions need to be filled and do we have anyone to 'replace' him?
    We need skinners, UI card artists, scripters, startpos editors and etc. All of which nobdy has applied for.

Hi ♔EmperorBatman999♔ i am back for my historian Work.

Please in PM send me your Steam ID (or other).
    " Le sang de nos ennemis est toujours le sang des hommes. La vraie gloire, c'est de l'épargner " - (Louis XV king of France 1710-1774 )

I wish I could really get to work, but nobody mods Napoleon these days.

WHy doen't i get any sounds in the mod

Someoe, close this thread- it has died.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    And don't Call me Shirley!

♔Oggie♔'s Avatar Senator

Too bad no one will continue this mod.
    yes Emperor Batman you do, but besides you I mean

I don't have the time to learn to mod otherwise I would have helped.

Icebear might join the team, so we may just get a reboot in progress.

♔Oggie♔'s Avatar Senator

Well that is some excellent news
    + rep mate

Dominicvs's Avatar Biarchus

I've promised to do some work for Mr TC and his Roma Victrix, but once done my time there, I would love to do some modding for this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast