Thread: New Multiplayer Battle Aspects

Default New Multiplayer Battle Aspects

Did anybody else notice the new shrines that give your units morale if you capture them?

Hopefully this will finally end camping. =)

CA really put some thought into the multiplayer this time around.

Default Re: New Multiplayer Battle Aspects

I find myself wanting to camp on the archer dojo so idk

Yep. The archer Dojo oddly enough reloads your cannons as well...

Didn't know Kyudo practitioners kept cannon balls on hand...
    Forward, march!

as long as there are other shrines that would basically overpower the unlimited ammo of the arrow shrine then it would still be balanced. It takes time for the units to restock so i dont think it would be a big deal to camp at the arrown shrine

X if u face a hero bow unit with it long range and whistle arrow (+ a couple musket monk) u gonna curse that dojo till the end of time

Quote Originally Posted by freelancerX View Post
    as long as there are other shrines that would basically overpower the unlimited ammo of the arrow shrine then it would still be balanced. It takes time for the units to restock so i dont think it would be a big deal to camp at the arrown shrine
    Oh yeah. My big issue was, it seemed to take a much shorter time for the cannon units to rearm than it did for my Chosokabe bow hero (who racked up an incredible 250 kills in his run). Maybe they are actually counting the 'shots'?
    Forward, march!

Quote Originally Posted by angelofwar12 View Post
    X if u face a hero bow unit with it long range and whistle arrow (+ a couple musket monk) u gonna curse that dojo till the end of time
    I won the siege with only this hero unit in a funny try. Fast rate and big range make them close to machineguns.
    In FRAY's alpha
    "When one dies, it is a tragedy. When a million die, it is a statistic."
    -The mods, try them all!-

the worst possibilities is that they place the kyudo dojo on a hill...

other than that it might be fun
    Last edited by VersionLangley; February 26, 2011 at 04:25 PM.

It'll be placed in the middle of the map most probably. I can't imagine people camping and letting the other side take the archery dojo and the farms. Those rechargeable volleys of fire arrows do wonders on an army.

I hope defenders in a siege map get a slow reload for their ranged attacks as well. In any given castle in the world arrows and the like were stockpiled to last for months.
    Forward, march!

camping with elite- or specialstroops like canons with masseffects on moral on hills was so unfair in empire that i quittet the game.

most of the hill-ducks never move their troops one step. and says- "i*m on a hill- i dont attack-. come and attack me muahahah"

one map with two hills= 2 campers. who with the most cannons wins.. especially when the rules was: no cannons..

i hope in shogun2 that the attacker get a bonus or all factions must move to fight for a good terrain.

but i fear... it will the same like empire

If you camp the infinate ammo building, i will take a morale/attack bonus building and ratehr than let you even fire alot of arrows at me will rush you and hope my bonus wins the combat

I'm pretty sure the buildings will be in the middle, i.e. camping will doom you.

There will be an interesting rush to the middle, and thus both sides will be attacking.

Birk's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by angelofwar12 View Post
    Chosokabes archers will beat the shait monks out of ya.