Thread: Adding an Armoury to a Region:

Default Adding an Armoury to a Region:

First time poster, long time lurker. I am trying to add an armoursmith to the region of B-itchu.

Using ESF Editor 1.4.6.0 I can modify a savegame so that I go into:

REGION_MANAGER -> REGION_ARRAY -> REGION -> REGION_SLOT_MANAGER and replace an exisiting structure (farm) with the armoursmith builiding (SHO_Region_Specialty_Smithing_3_Master_Armourer).

However, I cannot add another slot to the region in order to retain the existing farm and create an armoursmith. I have tried clone and changing its position on the map for example:

Farm location in B-itchu is:

Proposed location of armoursmith in B-itchu:

Hasn't worked.

After going through the ETW and NTW forums I found a large number of tutorials and featured articles that point me to the files startpos.esf and regions.esf.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=272987
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=260304

From reading I need to add an additonal slot to the B-itchu region before I can introduce an armoursmith.

This is probably a very noob question but where are these files? I cannot find them in the C:\Program Files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2 demo directory at all. Do I need to unpack them somehow and then use ESF editor? Or are they simply not included in the demo and I need to wait for the full version?

Many thanks!

PS - I have to spell B-itchu like this due to the language filiter

Default Re: Adding an Armoury to a Region:

For this game they are in the data.pack file in the campaign and campaign_map folders, you can use the Pack File Manager for NTW to extract them, when you are finished put them back or put them in the new pack for your mod.

Dynamo11's Avatar Domesticus

u

Thanks for the help just.

After going through all the tutorialsI haven't had much success. The closest I've come to getting both a farm and an armoury appear in B-itchu is to have a farm with an armoury hammer appear above it.

Even though I have cloned the REGION_SLOT_ARRAY and assigned the new entry a new unique ID, I think the problem stems from the building name (3rd entry of table):

town:jap_tut_bizen:region_specialty

If I change this to jap_tut_b-itchu the game crashes as the region doesn't have a specialty. If I leave it as it is(i.e. town:jap_tut_bizen:region_specialty), the game crashes. If I try and leave it as the cloned entry i.e. rice:jap_tut_b-itchu:farm, the farm is not duplicated but rather the exisiting farm on the map is modified with a hammer symbol. It functions as both farm and armoury until the first upgrade, then once the upgrade is complete it stops being both.

I'll keep testing.

--Resolved this by changing the regions.esf.
    Region_Data -> regions -> Regions (select the region you want) -> Settlement_And_Slots -> slot_description

Copied the specialty region from the another region and modied the name (i.e. town:jap_tut_b-itchu:region_specialty) and changed lines 3 and 4 to reflect where on the map I want the structure to go.

I think I will need to add an entry to ensure that its okay to upgrade as per the tutorials, game is crashing otheriwse
    Last edited by LegionCE; February 27, 2011 at 10:44 AM. Reason: Update: