View Poll Results: this mod worth downloading/playing?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

44 77.19%
  • no

3 5.26%
  • ehhhhhh maybe

10 17.54%
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Jacobites mod

wangrin's Avatar Unguibus et Rostro
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: Jacobites mod

Royal-Artillerie : 1757 uniform

Royal-Artillerie uniform was very "stable" from 1720 to 1775.
    So, basic colors remains unchanged.
    Last edited by wangrin; May 06, 2011 at 06:21 AM.

« Le courage, c’est de ne pas subir la loi du mensonge triomphant qui passe, et de ne pas faire écho de notre âme, de notre bouche et de nos mains aux applaudissements imbéciles et aux huées fanatiques.. » Jean JAURES

madrush's Avatar Senator

interesting, are there uniforms of 1746/46 or a wee earlier?
    @ pom hmmmm touch call, fer 3lbers yeah the lowlander look, 6lbers would be more highlander, the jacobites never had a definate choise on whom manned the canons, they were manned by whom ever owned them or offered to care fer them. what came to mind but should be pretty easy to do since its only coping a unit, the idea of having a diverse clansmen units come to mind, ie macintosh clansmen, macdougal clansmen, macdonald clansmen, gordon clansmen, cameron clansmen so on so forth but having soming like six of those "special" unquie units and have the rest as your idea of the clans men

here are some tartans
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

and the rest here
    http://www.tartan-kilts.com/tartanli...1700&limit=100
    Last edited by madrush; May 06, 2011 at 09:56 AM.

wangrin's Avatar Unguibus et Rostro
    Patrician Artifex

Very interesting tartan database

Royal-Artillerie : 1745 unifoms

As you can see, they are very similar to 1757 uniforms.

« Le courage, c’est de ne pas subir la loi du mensonge triomphant qui passe, et de ne pas faire écho de notre âme, de notre bouche et de nos mains aux applaudissements imbéciles et aux huées fanatiques.. » Jean JAURES

madrush's Avatar Senator

alright, they go look quiet similar, lets see what pom says

madrush's Avatar Senator

some pics to use pom, even scotch hussars
    Attachment 160239

Attachment 160240

♔Pom♔'s Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by ⚓ Flikitos ⚓ View Post
    Hello there guys!

Well Pom, can I ask you some questions?

Because I am the skinner of the Royal Artillery (French) for the NPI mod, I would like to show you some documents of the unit.
    The unit have been already skinned by PSYCHO V, and I wanted to resume his work for this unit;
    As you can see the jacket is between gray and blue, may be you can retake the texture, and make the jacket a little bit more blue so as to be historically correct.
    If you are interest in I can send you the texture that I started, so as to show you the colour of the jacket.
    What do you think?

And also, I would like to integrate some of your units, to the next version of IS III like your German, and Italian troops, and many of your Spain and British troops for the middle period of the Great Campaign. Tell me if you agree!

Have a nice day!
    Hi Flikitos, I will probably make my own model but thanks for the offer, as for using some of my stuff, of course, no problem, as you can see below wangrin has given me some advice on the uniform
    Quote Originally Posted by wangrin View Post
    Royal-Artillerie : 1757 uniform

Royal-Artillerie uniform was very "stable" from 1720 to 1775.
    So, basic colors remains unchanged.
    Thanks wangrin, I think I will go with the later look as the earlier one is too close to the Spanish artillery look.

Quote Originally Posted by madrush View Post
    interesting, are there uniforms of 1746/46 or a wee earlier?
    @ pom hmmmm touch call, fer 3lbers yeah the lowlander look, 6lbers would be more highlander, the jacobites never had a definate choise on whom manned the canons, they were manned by whom ever owned them or offered to care fer them. what came to mind but should be pretty easy to do since its only coping a unit, the idea of having a diverse clansmen units come to mind, ie macintosh clansmen, macdougal clansmen, macdonald clansmen, gordon clansmen, cameron clansmen so on so forth but having soming like six of those "special" unquie units and have the rest as your idea of the clans men

here are some tartans

and the rest here
    http://www.tartan-kilts.com/tartanli...1700&limit=100
    some pics to use pom, even scotch hussars
    Attachment 160239

Attachment 160240
    Thanks for the tartans madrush, I will go with your suggestion about the artillery, and pick a tartan from the info you gave me.
    As for another six highland units, sorry no, my eyes wouldn't stand the strain, and thanks for the pics, I do have these, but any info is good.

Just to let you know, I will be offline next week, as I have a training course for work.

madrush's Avatar Senator

thall b a peice of piss (in yer yank terms means easy ) itll b enough time to dig some stuff up fer u
    well fer the general and his body guard how about giving them a mix of mackintosh and royal stewarts tartans and making the general good ol bonnie primce charlie himself?
    Last edited by madrush; May 07, 2011 at 12:06 PM.

thall b a peice of piss (in yer yank terms means easy ) itll b enough time to dig some stuff up fer u
    well fer the general and his body guard how about giving them a mix of mackintosh and royal stewarts tartans and making the general good ol bonnie primce charlie himself?
    Yep I'll do the good prince, and his bodyguard will be the ones next to Baggots hussars, below is the link for the latest update, will speak to you in a week or so.
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KUKCRFE5

Flikitos's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Pom♔ View Post
    Hi Flikitos, I will probably make my own model but thanks for the offer, as for using some of my stuff, of course, no problem, as you can see below wangrin has given me some advice on the uniform

Thanks wangrin, I think I will go with the later look as the earlier one is too close to the Spanish artillery look.
    Thank you mate! I will tell you later which unit I will use by PM, Madrush will not be so glad to see that I use his thread so as to talk about IS.

Madrush: Excellent work! Is there already a Beta version? BTW +rep to you and the team!

madrush's Avatar Senator

Thank you mate! I will tell you later which unit I will use by PM, Madrush will not be so glad to see that I use his thread so as to talk about IS.

Madrush: Excellent work! Is there already a Beta version? BTW +rep to you and the team!
    lol i have no problem bout u lads usein thread for anything. Thank u for yer comment though and the rep, the team really earned it, im no modder but im learnin through DBeditor. No there is no beta....yet, Pom has to finish his work and i gotta talk to Fortes about getting his work from him b4 i even begin uploadin, from there the rest will b minor versions or patches. But hey at least i put up a Demo

Pom, alright have a blast, and take care to what ever it is yer doin fer a week lol, ill try to learn how to mod some units while yer away and make some special clansmen
    Last edited by madrush; May 08, 2011 at 08:05 AM.

No problem Flikitos, good to see IS reborn, good luck

lol i have no problem bout u lads usein thread for anything. Thank u for yer comment though and the rep, the team really earned it, im no modder but im learnin through DBeditor. No there is no beta....yet, Pom has to finish his work and i gotta talk to Fortes about getting his work from him b4 i even begin uploadin, from there the rest will b minor versions or patches. But hey at least i put up a Demo

Pom, alright have a blast, and take care to what ever it is yer doin fer a week lol, ill try to learn how to mod some units while yer away and make some special clansmen
    Thanks madrush, have fun with the modding, and just checked the link and it seems to be fine now.

madrush's Avatar Senator

lol thx, found my pc cant handle all the modding programs, stuck with DBE1.8 i guess

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Pom♔ View Post
    Yep I'll do the good prince, and his bodyguard will be the ones next to Baggots hussars, below is the link for the latest update, will speak to you in a week or so.
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KUKCRFE5
    Will the Duke of Cumberland's bodyguard be a unit too?
    Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

madrush's Avatar Senator

we can see on that

Hi madrush, just to let you know I'm back, quick update, not all of these are finished, but hope to be by the end of the week.

Spanish Artillery.....French Artillery......Scottish Artilley....Irish Line.
    Attachment 162098Attachment 162099Attachment 162100Attachment 162101

Ceasar Gubius's Avatar Ducenarius

I can't wait for this mod to be finished, I've always been a fan of the Scots ! I have a question though.... Do you intend to make any colonial units for them, considering the game wouldn't be complete if the Scots didn't have to take Panama or Nova Scotia....

Also, what of the English? I mean, eventually if you play as Jacobite Scotland, your goal will be to reconquer the British Isles and colonies for the Stewart.... This being said, obviously alot of foreign mercenaries would be needed to subdue the English, but also I could see a large number of Englanders joining the new order. Catholics and other peoples who had been under heel. Not to mention those who just would ally with Charles because he was in power.... Either way, something should be in place for when the Scots conquer England ...
    RTR RULES!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ceasar Gubius View Post
    I can't wait for this mod to be finished, I've always been a fan of the Scots ! I have a question though.... Do you intend to make any colonial units for them, considering the game wouldn't be complete if the Scots didn't have to take Panama or Nova Scotia....

Also, what of the English? I mean, eventually if you play as Jacobite Scotland, your goal will be to reconquer the British Isles and colonies for the Stewart.... This being said, obviously alot of foreign mercenaries would be needed to subdue the English, but also I could see a large number of Englanders joining the new order. Catholics and other peoples who had been under heel. Not to mention those who just would ally with Charles because he was in power.... Either way, something should be in place for when the Scots conquer England ...
    Thanks Ceasar Gubius, I won't be doing a lot if anything for the colonies, but I will be making English Jacobites.

danova's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Good job!

madrush's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Ceasar Gubius View Post

well fer them dirty reds my friend, u can download POMs britain mod, that has the units of the english army from that time and that fought the scots too. As for the anglo scots we do have 1 that was made earlier before Pom battered off fer a vacation or what not

oh and Pom.....those units made me tear up......they are just soooo beautiful

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

Cobham's (10th) dragoons (1745 - British govt regiment):
    Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog