Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: THE LARGE BATTLE MOD-updated!!! 4 maps playable with new units, more soldier, new factions, catapults and cannons!

Default Re: THE LARGE BATTLE MOD-25 units versus 26-new units-twice soldiers-batle of awa added 30 versus 18!

Quote Originally Posted by stradar1 View Post
    How do I edit that file it only opens up in a web page??
    ok, here is the way:

open pfm, open one of my mod, click on the xml file, make extract selected to your desktop. Your go to your destop, open the folder "shogun 2" then open the xml file with notepad. Your are now abble to modify the xml: change the numbers, copy and paste some units etc. When you have finished, you make "save". then you return to pfm, you click on your xml and make "replace file" with the xml that is on your desktop. Make save, that's it. And you can rename your mod.

stradar1's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: THE LARGE BATTLE MOD-25 units versus 26-new units-twice soldiers-batle of awa added 30 versus 18!

Quote Originally Posted by panzerschreck View Post
    ok, here is the way:

open pfm, open one of my mod, click on the xml file, make extract selected to your desktop. Your go to your destop, open the folder "shogun 2" then open the xml file with notepad. Your are now abble to modify the xml: change the numbers, copy and paste some units etc. When you have finished, you make "save". then you return to pfm, you click on your xml and make "replace file" with the xml that is on your desktop. Make save, that's it. And you can rename your mod.
    thanks alot =)
    Total War is the only massive war game that has yet to be Surpassed keep up the good work CA don't let us down!!!!

Default Re: THE LARGE BATTLE MOD-battle of segikahara: (25vs26, new types of units, soldiersx2, 4catapults) +battle of awa added(30 versus 24! soldiersx2!)

Awesome mod! +rep
    Last edited by Warlord888; February 28, 2011 at 06:54 AM.

Default Re: THE LARGE BATTLE MOD-battle of segikahara: (25vs26, new types of units, soldiersx2, 4catapults) +battle of awa added(30 versus 24! soldiersx2!)

awesome! But where do i place the file to make it work.... i have honestly no idea
    Rome Total War Randomiser --- Thread --- Source Code

RTWLIB --- C#Library for manipulating and parsing the Rome Total War files. WIP.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaronbaron View Post
    awesome! But where do i place the file to make it work.... i have honestly no idea
    in your data folder, program files/steam/steamapps/shogun demo/data

New : awa2catapult

I have added 3 units of catapults to the defensors:

Default Re: THE LARGE BATTLE MOD-battle of segikahara: (25vs26, new types of units, soldiersx2, 4catapults) +battle of awa added(30 versus 24! soldiersx2!) +catapults for defenders.

Ok so once iv done that should the historical battle be different?

RTWLIB --- C#Library for manipulating and parsing the Rome Total War files. WIP.

Default Re: THE LARGE BATTLE MOD-battle of segikahara: (25vs26, new types of units, soldiersx2, 4catapults) +battle of awa added(30 versus 24! soldiersx2!) +catapults for defenders.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaronbaron View Post
    Ok so once iv done that should the historical battle be different?
    absolutly, and you can download the version(s) you want.

ok thanks

Default Re: THE LARGE BATTLE MOD-battle of segikahara: (25vs26, new types of units, soldiersx2, 4catapults) +battle of awa added(30 versus 24! soldiersx2!) +catapults for defenders ADDED.

this pretty much took my comp to its knees on ultra.

The soldiers kept sort of blinking on and off on occasions.

got like frames of 14 fps zoomed in on combat
    to catch a fish,so juicy sweeeeeet

stradar1's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: THE LARGE BATTLE MOD-battle of segikahara: (25vs26, new types of units, soldiersx2, 4catapults) +battle of awa added(30 versus 24! soldiersx2!) +catapults for defenders ADDED.

Thanks for the info on editing the file man I Changed the file where I have 50 units vinalla size units and the defender has 40 units works awsomely epic!!!
    Total War is the only massive war game that has yet to be Surpassed keep up the good work CA don't let us down!!!!

Default Re: THE LARGE BATTLE MOD-updated!!! 3 maps playable with new units, more soldier, new factions, catapults and cannons!

The snow battle: update! (download page 1)

New units, more soldiers, new map: I made a video to show the changes (put it on your replay folder to see it).

Last edited by panzerschreck; March 02, 2011 at 08:37 AM.

Default Re: THE LARGE BATTLE MOD-updated!!! 3 maps playable with new units, more soldier, new factions, catapults and cannons!

Super Panzershreck :ok:

the snow battle is incredibly easy to win at. there is practically no way to lose, one unit of naginata samurai can hold the bridge by themselves. the raised hillside directly to the right of the starting position provides waay too much of a defensive position. please give the attackers more units or make their units more experienced. this battle is super easy even on very hard.

Quote Originally Posted by freelancerX View Post
    the snow battle is incredibly easy to win at. there is practically no way to lose, one unit of naginata samurai can hold the bridge by themselves. the raised hillside directly to the right of the starting position provides waay too much of a defensive position. please give the attackers more units or make their units more experienced. this battle is super easy even on very hard.
    yes, I planned to do an other version with more units for the ennemy.

NEW VERSION OF SNOWBATTLE, snowbattlehard, 20 vs 25! download page 1

UNITS ADDED with experience: archers heroes, ninja, naginata samurais and a samurai yari cavalry unit of 250 men that are placed in front of the ennemy army.

Quote Originally Posted by panzerschreck View Post
    NEW VERSION OF SNOWBATTLE, snowbattlehard, 20 vs 25! download page 1
    Thanks for your updated custom battle! +rep

Default Re: THE LARGE BATTLE MOD-updated!!! 4 maps playable with new units, more soldier, new factions, catapults and cannons!

last update!!! :
    -the mountbattle (hunor's work adaptation): 20 vs 25, x2 soldiers, new units hojo, new factions. (download on post 3!!!)

Last edited by panzerschreck; March 04, 2011 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Running Nose View Post
    I meant it would ruin my enjoyment of regular Shogun 2 with its 20 units cap.

Would be nice if CA raises it or makes it possible to up the cap for Campaign and MP by modding.

Didn't they say the UI can hold 24 unit cards with no problems? 4 more units would be nice.
    It would be good if you could set up custom battles; set your own unit caps etc.

Default Re: THE LARGE BATTLE MOD-updated!!! 4 maps playable with new units, more soldier, new factions, catapults and cannons!

I'd love to see a framerate overlay on the mount battle screenshot

Edit: LoL what is going on?! War is chaos..
    http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/54...25CA9EEEFAEAE/
    Last edited by Baleurion; March 08, 2011 at 05:06 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast